Is this okay?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,558
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

So I know I definitely need to get right with God. I just feel busy and overwhelmed with work and kids but after dealing with my mental issue I definitely feel I need to dig a bit deeper. 

I wanted to just pray and wait on God to tell me what to read. Is that OK? I really want it to apply to my life and what I'm going through now instead of just reading just anything. You know?

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

22 minutes ago, Figure of eighty said:

So I know I definitely need to get right with God. I just feel busy and overwhelmed with work and kids but after dealing with my mental issue I definitely feel I need to dig a bit deeper. 

I wanted to just pray and wait on God to tell me what to read. Is that OK? I really want it to apply to my life and what I'm going through now instead of just reading just anything. You know?

I can imagine with work, kids, shopping, cooking, cleaning etc everyday life can be overwhelming. May I suggest you read the Psalms & when you find a phrase about God, just meditate that throughout the day.

eg. Psalm 1: 6. `the Lord knows the way of the righteous. ` God knows your busy life with all its responsibilities and He is with you throughout the day. Just keep thanking Him for your work, children, having food, being able to shop, clean etc.  

As your focus changes to thankfulness and realising that God is with you, then you will grow more confident and trust Him more. The relationship develops. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,558
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

9 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

I can imagine with work, kids, shopping, cooking, cleaning etc everyday life can be overwhelming. May I suggest you read the Psalms & when you find a phrase about God, just meditate that throughout the day.

eg. Psalm 1: 6. `the Lord knows the way of the righteous. ` God knows your busy life with all its responsibilities and He is with you throughout the day. Just keep thanking Him for your work, children, having food, being able to shop, clean etc.  

As your focus changes to thankfulness and realising that God is with you, then you will grow more confident and trust Him more. The relationship develops. 

It's so funny when I was at church last Sunday well before this one a lady that prayed for me told me to read Psalms as well so I guess I will. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.82

6 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

1 Pet 5

10 But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

This verse helped me.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,398
  • Content Per Day:  12.19
  • Days Won:  31

6 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

Hi @Figure of eighty The Epistle to the Romans is all about justification by faith, aka getting right with God. Chapters 3 and 5 contain some truly precious statements; and, for those who trust the work of Christ, Romans 8 is very assuring.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,398
  • Content Per Day:  12.19
  • Days Won:  31

9 hours ago, NConly said:

1 Pet 5

10 But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

This verse helped me.

@NConly Great verse there: the Lord is with us in the midst of tribulation (see also John 16.33; Isaiah 48.10).

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,117
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

17 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

Might I suggest listening to the Bible while you do your busy work.  I used to drive a lot and found it convenient to listen while driving.  You can get the Bible on CD's or there are apps for your phone that will read to you.

Bible Gateway is what I use on my android phone.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Well Said! 1