15 members have voted

1. 1. I like Worthy because..

• I can find fellowship and like minded people
    • I am curious about the bible
    • I like to debate topics
    • I'm not sure why I'm here
    • All of the above except for item 5.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/17/2024 at 04:00 AM

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,213
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/6/2024 at 7:39 AM, Starise said:

- Warm and welcome

- Cold and distant

- A place for theological discussions mainly

-A place for you to put out teaching info on what you know

- A place to meet people

- A place to help people

-A place to be helped

- Something to do because you are bored and have nothing else to do

- A place to find disagreements and look for a debate

- A place to see real believers in action

-A place to realize the short comings of believers

- A place to learn about God

- A place to confirm there are true believers

- A place to see how others think

-A place to ask questions

- A place to pose question

It's not always an open debate 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  24,680
  • Content Per Day:  5.76
  • Days Won:  161
  • Birthday:  01/30/1985

On 3/6/2024 at 3:39 PM, Starise said:

- Warm and welcome (mostly)

- A place to meet people

- Something to do because you are bored and have nothing else to do (i often have a lot of free time)

- A place to see how others think

These. You know where I can be found most of the time. I enjoy it very much. 

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Content Per Day:  9.75
  • Days Won:  149

2 hours ago, OneLight said:

@Starise  It seems you are looking for a directed response Brother.  Your title asks us to "Please Describe How You See Worthy", which is a great question, hoping for honest opinions.  Then, your poll title asks a slightly different question of "Why Am I At Worthy", narrowing the possible responses.  Then the poll itself clearly directs the reader to respond to one statement, "I like Worthy because..", purposefully directing the conversation to discuss only what people like about worthy.  Why such a change when your thread title was the best question of all?  Did you really want to know?

I admit the poll should be reworked. Maybe in the future I'll post one that covers more. 

Yes I want to know. 

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,951
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

6 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

no “TH” initials behind their names

We have had a few try to influence the community by using titles and degrees.

There are also those whose authority rests on the fact that they have published a book.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

4 hours ago, OneLight said:

@Starise  It seems you are looking for a directed response Brother.  Your title asks us to "Please Describe How You See Worthy", which is a great question, hoping for honest opinions.  Then, your poll title asks a slightly different question of "Why Am I At Worthy", narrowing the possible responses.  Then the poll itself clearly directs the reader to respond to one statement, "I like Worthy because..", purposefully directing the conversation to discuss only what people like about worthy.  Why such a change when your thread title was the best question of all?  Did you really want to know?

How about a poll for those who do not participate in Worthy any longer? Perhaps ways that Worthy can improve as a Christian website.

• This is Worthy 1

2 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

How about a poll for those who do not participate in Worthy any longer? Perhaps ways that Worthy can improve as a Christian website.

Often improvements happen when dissention is discouraged.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

@Starise

As with all things, change is inevitable over time when leadership changes.  When I first came here in 2007, the site was different.  The admins, which were much more than just one, were solid brother and sisters in Christ.  The topics were much more bible based, Christ centered and focused.  Worthy was a place where one could learn a solid foundation where division was rare.  False doctrine was exposed, often shut down, or quickly faded from sight as nobody responded after corrections were made.  Not so today.  Many topics are allowed so "people could learn how to expose a lie with the truth" due to "the experiment" George visualizes, but that opens up more cans of worms and it becomes a zoo, his vision failing in my opinion. 

Instead of biblical based threads, as it was then, we now see more threads about personal interests, like you would find on Facebook.  What I see Worthy evolving into, and quickly over the past few years, is a Christian based Facebook, not a site where people could learn solid scriptural wisdom and knowledge as it was when I joined.  Due to this, my interest to be involved has continued to wane as time goes on.  Sad as it is, there is no real biblical based web site that I can find as His time draws near and believers become more like the world as they wander from the truth, where their inner fire becomes only a flicker of the past.

The argument that changed this site was the cry of too much policing going on.  People complained that threads were locked when fights broke out so that the thread could be cleaned.  Members were "hurt" when they go banned from threads.  Some members, when they outright refused correction over an extended period of time, got banned.  All this caused an uproar from membership, which we don't see today.  Worthy's policies have become much like what we see in society today which is resulting is letting the criminals go free, police strongly restricted from doing their jobs, courts throwing out cases or even prosecuting, those who wish to do damage are allowed to do so unhindered (just look at what many cities have become).

This is what I see ... as with society and the wokeness environment, the same is seeping into this site.   Where are the watchmen on the wall that sounds the alarm when they see danger approach?  Where are those who will stop those who desire to do harm?  They have been disbanded.  Instead, ministry is now all about overseeing.  Exactely what are they overseeing?  Surely not how the site operates. 

• Well Said! 1

13 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

That won't happen.  See my post.

8 minutes ago, OneLight said:

@Starise

As with all things, change is inevitable over time when leadership changes.  When I first came here in 2007, the site was different.  The admins, which were much more than just one, were solid brother and sisters in Christ.  The topics were much more bible based, Christ centered and focused.  Worthy was a place where one could learn a solid foundation where division was rare.  False doctrine was exposed, often shut down, or quickly faded from sight as nobody responded after corrections were made.  Not so today.  Many topics are allowed so "people could learn how to expose a lie with the truth" due to "the experiment" George visualizes, but that opens up more cans of worms and it becomes a zoo, his vision failing in my opinion. 

Instead of biblical based threads, as it was then, we now see more threads about personal interests, like you would find on Facebook.  What I see Worthy evolving into, and quickly over the past few years, is a Christian based Facebook, not a site where people could learn solid scriptural wisdom and knowledge as it was when I joined.  Due to this, my interest to be involved has continued to wane as time goes on.  Sad as it is, there is no real biblical based web site that I can find as His time draws near and believers become more like the world as they wander from the truth, where their inner fire becomes only a flicker of the past.

The argument that changed this site was the cry of too much policing going on.  People complained that threads were locked when fights broke out so that the thread could be cleaned.  Members were "hurt" when they go banned from threads.  Some members, when they outright refused correction over an extended period of time, got banned.  All this caused an uproar from membership, which we don't see today.  Worthy's policies have become much like what we see in society today which is resulting is letting the criminals go free, police strongly restricted from doing their jobs, courts throwing out cases or even prosecuting, those who wish to do damage are allowed to do so unhindered (just look at what many cities have become).

This is what I see ... as with society and the wokeness environment, the same is seeping into this site.   Where are the watchmen on the wall that sounds the alarm when they see danger approach?  Where are those who will stop those who desire to do harm?  They have been disbanded.  Instead, ministry is now all about overseeing.  Exactely what are they overseeing?  Surely not how the site operates. 

Sure, but then . . .

Jas 1:2-4  Consider it pure joy, my brothers, when you encounter trials of many kinds,  (3)  because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.  (4)  Allow perseverance to finish its work, so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

46 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

Sure, but then . . .

Jas 1:2-4  Consider it pure joy, my brothers, when you encounter trials of many kinds,  (3)  because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.  (4)  Allow perseverance to finish its work, so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

What, you want to bicker back and forth using scripture without voicing an opinion of your own?  Tell me what you disagree with with my post and take your stand.  I can post scripture also, but refuse to use scripture as a weapon against another believer.  Doing so could lead to us both easily becoming childish trying to up on another by quoting scripture, which is misuse of scripture in my view.  Notice that the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God, is used against our enemies as a weapon, not other believers.

Scripture is to be taken to heart for a purpose, not a substitute for meaningful conversation. 

Edited by OneLight
additions and corrections
  • This is Worthy 1