15 members have voted

1. 1. I like Worthy because..

• I can find fellowship and like minded people
    • I am curious about the bible
    • I like to debate topics
    • I'm not sure why I'm here
    • All of the above except for item 5.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/17/2024 at 04:00 AM

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,207
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

1 hour ago, OneLight said:

@Starise

As with all things, change is inevitable over time when leadership changes.  When I first came here in 2007, the site was different.  The admins, which were much more than just one, were solid brother and sisters in Christ.  The topics were much more bible based, Christ centered and focused.  Worthy was a place where one could learn a solid foundation where division was rare.  False doctrine was exposed, often shut down, or quickly faded from sight as nobody responded after corrections were made.  Not so today.  Many topics are allowed so "people could learn how to expose a lie with the truth" due to "the experiment" George visualizes, but that opens up more cans of worms and it becomes a zoo, his vision failing in my opinion. 

Instead of biblical based threads, as it was then, we now see more threads about personal interests, like you would find on Facebook.  What I see Worthy evolving into, and quickly over the past few years, is a Christian based Facebook, not a site where people could learn solid scriptural wisdom and knowledge as it was when I joined.  Due to this, my interest to be involved has continued to wane as time goes on.  Sad as it is, there is no real biblical based web site that I can find as His time draws near and believers become more like the world as they wander from the truth, where their inner fire becomes only a flicker of the past.

The argument that changed this site was the cry of too much policing going on.  People complained that threads were locked when fights broke out so that the thread could be cleaned.  Members were "hurt" when they go banned from threads.  Some members, when they outright refused correction over an extended period of time, got banned.  All this caused an uproar from membership, which we don't see today.  Worthy's policies have become much like what we see in society today which is resulting is letting the criminals go free, police strongly restricted from doing their jobs, courts throwing out cases or even prosecuting, those who wish to do damage are allowed to do so unhindered (just look at what many cities have become).

This is what I see ... as with society and the wokeness environment, the same is seeping into this site.   Where are the watchmen on the wall that sounds the alarm when they see danger approach?  Where are those who will stop those who desire to do harm?  They have been disbanded.  Instead, ministry is now all about overseeing.  Exactely what are they overseeing?  Surely not how the site operates. 

Hi OneLight,

Interesting view. Now, you have been on Worthy longer than me But still I have been round a while. I remember you helped me when I was having a debate (in the debate section) with Shiloh. I had forgotten the format and you reminded me. Thanks again.

I also remember that there were a few strong `players` who knew how to `attack` a person without getting into trouble. I was `attacked by some and even a moderator behind the scenes but dear George stepped and I`m still here but the other, well gone. 

Now, I do see people getting help, as I move around and reply there. I do see encouraging music and song, I see people having good fun and fellowship. The reading of which makes me have a good laugh. 

And yet I also do wonder at the topics that get started, but think well, more people are getting bolder to start them. And I see Vine Abider and Starise and others start threads that lift us up to know the Lord more. 

I think your inner group have either passed away or moved on. The groups of relating ones keep changing but we continue as the Lord leads. 

regards, Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,953
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

What, you want to bicker back and forth using scripture without voicing an opinion of your own? 

Scripture bickering, or Scripture picking? Your choice, @OneLight

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

@Starise

As with all things, change is inevitable over time when leadership changes.  When I first came here in 2007, the site was different.  The admins, which were much more than just one, were solid brother and sisters in Christ.  The topics were much more bible based, Christ centered and focused.  Worthy was a place where one could learn a solid foundation where division was rare.  False doctrine was exposed, often shut down, or quickly faded from sight as nobody responded after corrections were made.  Not so today.  Many topics are allowed so "people could learn how to expose a lie with the truth" due to "the experiment" George visualizes, but that opens up more cans of worms and it becomes a zoo, his vision failing in my opinion. 

Instead of biblical based threads, as it was then, we now see more threads about personal interests, like you would find on Facebook.  What I see Worthy evolving into, and quickly over the past few years, is a Christian based Facebook, not a site where people could learn solid scriptural wisdom and knowledge as it was when I joined.  Due to this, my interest to be involved has continued to wane as time goes on.  Sad as it is, there is no real biblical based web site that I can find as His time draws near and believers become more like the world as they wander from the truth, where their inner fire becomes only a flicker of the past.

The argument that changed this site was the cry of too much policing going on.  People complained that threads were locked when fights broke out so that the thread could be cleaned.  Members were "hurt" when they go banned from threads.  Some members, when they outright refused correction over an extended period of time, got banned.  All this caused an uproar from membership, which we don't see today.  Worthy's policies have become much like what we see in society today which is resulting is letting the criminals go free, police strongly restricted from doing their jobs, courts throwing out cases or even prosecuting, those who wish to do damage are allowed to do so unhindered (just look at what many cities have become).

This is what I see ... as with society and the wokeness environment, the same is seeping into this site.   Where are the watchmen on the wall that sounds the alarm when they see danger approach?  Where are those who will stop those who desire to do harm?  They have been disbanded.  Instead, ministry is now all about overseeing.  Exactely what are they overseeing?  Surely not how the site operates. 

I am with you on this bro.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

24 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

Scripture bickering, or Scripture picking? Your choice, @OneLight

There can be a difference, I agree, but when all one does is post scripture, tell me, where is the conversation that leads to understanding?  It's not there.  If you post a scripture and I post one in response, and this goes on and on, that is the childish game of one-upping each other, a game I refuse to play.   Do you want a conversation, or a game?  Your choice, @Michael37

40 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi OneLight,

Interesting view. Now, you have been on Worthy longer than me But still I have been round a while. I remember you helped me when I was having a debate (in the debate section) with Shiloh. I had forgotten the format and you reminded me. Thanks again.

I also remember that there were a few strong `players` who knew how to `attack` a person without getting into trouble. I was `attacked by some and even a moderator behind the scenes but dear George stepped and I`m still here but the other, well gone. 

Now, I do see people getting help, as I move around and reply there. I do see encouraging music and song, I see people having good fun and fellowship. The reading of which makes me have a good laugh. 

And yet I also do wonder at the topics that get started, but think well, more people are getting bolder to start them. And I see Vine Abider and Starise and others start threads that lift us up to know the Lord more. 

I think your inner group have either passed away or moved on. The groups of relating ones keep changing but we continue as the Lord leads. 

regards, Marilyn.

Most have moved on.  I know of a few that have passed to the next life, but those numbers are far and few.  Question is, why would people who are solid and mature decide to "move on" as you put it?  Did they give up on Worthy all together?  Yup, you don't see them stopping by for a chat, do you?

I never insisted there was nothing good, just that it's been headed downhill for some time.  I know it's very unpopular to voice in a "negative" way as I did, but not all news is good news with encouragement.  Sometimes it needs to be stern for correction and warning.  With Jesus and the Apostles as an example, compare what their messages were and decide if it was all good news or warning, instructions and correction.  You will find that the majority of what we read is the latter, without neglecting the former. 

9 minutes ago, OneLight said:

There can be a difference, I agree, but when all one does is post scripture, tell me, where is the conversation that leads to understanding?  It's not there.  If you post a scripture and I post one in response, and this goes on and on, that is the childish game of one-upping each other, a game I refuse to play.   Do you want a conversation, or a game?  Your choice, @Michael37

What do you think of the many "nonsense threads" on Worthy?

10 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

What do you think of the many "nonsense threads" on Worthy?

What do you mean by "nonsense threads", as you put it.  I don't want to assume I understand your meaning.  That is the foundation of divisions here, assuming.  Can you give me an example, and I'll respond about what I think of it.

17 minutes ago, OneLight said:

What do you mean by "nonsense threads", as you put it.  I don't want to assume I understand your meaning.  That is the foundation of divisions here, assuming.  Can you give me an example, and I'll respond about what I think of it.

I call them Nonsense Threads when they are just banter and fooling around. Some like that sort of fellowship, a few to the exclusion of most everything else.

Lots of examples here:

Community Center - Worthy Christian Forums

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,207
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

46 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Most have moved on.  I know of a few that have passed to the next life, but those numbers are far and few.  Question is, why would people who are solid and mature decide to "move on" as you put it?  Did they give up on Worthy all together?  Yup, you don't see them stopping by for a chat, do you?

I never insisted there was nothing good, just that it's been headed downhill for some time.  I know it's very unpopular to voice in a "negative" way as I did, but not all news is good news with encouragement.  Sometimes it needs to be stern for correction and warning.  With Jesus and the Apostles as an example, compare what their messages were and decide if it was all good news or warning, instructions and correction.  You will find that the majority of what we read is the latter, without neglecting the former. 

I do see `Spock` dropping in sometimes in discussions. 

I do also see as you said some silly threads, but then we do have a longer timeframe for comparison. 

Then it is up to us to post good threads that make people think and discuss God`s word, don`t you think?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,429
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

Been here since 2016 and though I am not a frequent visitor, I do enjoy the time spent here.  Topics vary and everyone has a right to his opinion as long as they abide by rules of the forum.

There use to be some smart and knowlegeable folks that kept the forum ticking.  Can't remember their names, but two comes to mind, Ezra and Yowm, it think i may have mispelt the last one.  Anyway, as in any open forum, there are bound to be disagreements and things can get heated at times, also written words sometimes can be misconstrued as we know.

Still, this is a good place to ask questions, read in silence at your own time and pace , and fire of a round or two, when you think you can contribute.  It whats make this forum a place to visit and get to know people and their background, with testimonies and also you the individual sharing also.   

George has been generous with his time and effort, as I could imagine it takes a lot to put this together and then moderate ect.  

All in all, I love it and lets keep it going in the love of community and sharing the many aspect of the Chritian life.  Also and most importantly, it is a place where the testimony of all can enlighten those who visit , to know who Jesus Christ , the Gospel and all that pertains to Christianity, the different agruments for and against ect.

• This is Worthy 2