• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

@Mr. M greetings to you Mr.M.

Paul said the mystery of Christ in the Gentiles and the Gentiles in Christ. How could that be knowing the full context about how God had spoken about them.

The mystery all this to be able to happen just by the Gentiles believing that Jesus Christ also died for them for the forgiveness of their sins. Having forgiveness of their sins in the same way as the Jews by believing in Jesus Christ. I almost gave it away when I said having their sins forgiven in the same way as the Jews. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,090
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

On 3/9/2024 at 5:10 PM, enoob57 said:

in those depths God has
1 Corinthians 1:27 (KJV)

[27] But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

At that time Jesus answered and said, “I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and have revealed them to babes.
Matthew 11:25 NKJV
https://bible.com/bible/114/mat.11.25.NKJV

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,180
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

13 minutes ago, RdJ said:

At that time Jesus answered and said, “I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and have revealed them to babes.

make us not mind being babies emotsmileythumbsupnobckpngsmall.png.6f749e55c9eab3ba632624c7f2525353.png

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42

8 hours ago, enoob57 said:

make us not mind being babies emotsmileythumbsupnobckpngsmall.png.6f749e55c9eab3ba632624c7f2525353.png

8 hours ago, RdJ said:

International Standard Version Mathew 11:25
25. At that time Jesus said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from wise and intelligent people and have revealed them to infants.

1 Corinthians 3:1-3 English Standard Version 2016 (ESV)But I, brothers, could not address you as spiritual people, but as people of the flesh, as infants in Christ. I fed you with milk, not solid food, for you were not ready for it. And even now you are not yet ready, for you are still of the flesh. 

Hebrews 5:13-14 NIV

Anyone who lives on milk, being still an infant, is not acquainted with the teaching about righteousness. But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.

Edited by Your closest friendnt

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  431
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  08/31/1950

13 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

@grahampaul, greetings to you the story of Rahab from Jericho is found in Joshua chapter two and six which I copy and paste below. And from Mathew 1:5-6 

5 Salmon the father of Boaz, whose mother was Rahab,

Boaz the father of Obed, whose mother was Ruth,

Obed the father of Jesse,

6 and Jesse the father of King David.

Rahab was the mother of Boaz who maried Ruth the Moabites in the book of Ruth (this is why Boaz was kind to Ruth the Moabites and maried her because his mother also was not an Israeli and he was born to a mix maried couple. I should have said Rahab the great grandmother of King David 

From Boaz (the son of Salmon and Rahab) to Obed (the son of Boaz and Ruth) to Jesse the Father of David-King David. 

Joshua 2: 1-16 

2 Then Joshua son of Nun secretly sent two spies from Shittim. “Go, look over the land,” he said, “especially Jericho.” So they went and entered the house of a prostitute named Rahab and stayed there.

2 The king of Jericho was told, “Look, some of the Israelites have come here tonight to spy out the land.” 3 So the king of Jericho sent this message to Rahab: “Bring out the men who came to you and entered your house, because they have come to spy out the whole land.”

4 But the woman had taken the two men and hidden them. She said, “Yes, the men came to me, but I did not know where they had come from. 5 At dusk, when it was time to close the city gate, they left. I don’t know which way they went. Go after them quickly. You may catch up with them.” 6 (But she had taken them up to the roof and hidden them under the stalks of flax she had laid out on the roof.) 7 So the men set out in pursuit of the spies on the road that leads to the fords of the Jordan, and as soon as the pursuers had gone out, the gate was shut.

8 Before the spies lay down for the night, she went up on the roof 9 and said to them, “I know that the Lord has given you this land and that a great fear of you has fallen on us, so that all who live in this country are melting in fear because of you. 10 We have heard how the Lord dried up the water of the Red Sea[a] for you when you came out of Egypt, and what you did to Sihon and Og, the two kings of the Amorites east of the Jordan, whom you completely destroyed. 11 When we heard of it, our hearts melted in fear and everyone’s courage failed because of you, for the Lord your God is God in heaven above and on the earth below.

12 “Now then, please swear to me by the Lord that you will show kindness to my family, because I have shown kindness to you. Give me a sure sign 13 that you will spare the lives of my father and mother, my brothers and sisters, and all who belong to them—and that you will save us from death.”

14 “Our lives for your lives!” the men assured her. “If you don’t tell what we are doing, we will treat you kindly and faithfully when the Lord gives us the land.”

15 So she let them down by a rope through the window, for the house she lived in was part of the city wall. 16 She said to them, “Go to the hills so......

Joshua 6:17 

17. The city and all that is in it are to be devoted[a] to the Lord. Only Rahab the prostitute and all who are with her in her house shall be spared, because she hid the spies we sent.

Joshua 6:22-23 

22 Joshua said to the two men who had spied out the land, “Go into the prostitute’s house and bring her out and all who belong to her, in accordance with your oath to her.” 23 So the young men who had done the spying went in and brought out Rahab, her father and mother, her brothers and sisters and all who belonged to her. They brought out her entire family and put them in a place outside the camp of Israel.

thank you.

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33

On 3/9/2024 at 10:58 AM, Not me said:

1 Corinthians 2:10 (NKJV)
But God has revealed [them] to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The deep things of God, how can one know when one has or is entering into the deep things of God…?

There can only be one answer to this inquiry and that is to the degree one sees, enters into and walks in righteousness, to that degree has one entered into the deep things of God…. 

For righteousness is the deepest depths of God, as one search’s deeper into God, one sees and walks in righteousness the more, and the more deeper will that one’s experience of God be…

For this is our salvation in Christ, that we, the believing soul might walk in righteousness…. God has opened the door, those that by faith find it will be pillars in the house of God…. For Christ did die and took all to death with Him, those that are willing to enter into His death with Him by faith and deny all of themselves will experience God as God would have them experience Him…. Then the scripture that says ‘according to the power that works within us’ takes its proper place and all becomes second to that power of that new life growing in one….

For the just shall live by faith are not just by and by words that mean something, but not quite exactly clear, but are an exacting path forward to all that will venture to embrace their death in Christ by faith….  Then faith, then trusting God becomes one’s all, and then most assuredly the just shall live by faith becomes a living reality and those words also take their proper place…..

Be blessed all that would walk in righteousness and enter into the deep things of God….

A fellow follower of His, Not me 

When I think of the "deep things of God", I think of all the quadrillions of exoplanets that almost certainly exist in the cosmos. And all those billions of galaxies that exist, while the writers of the bible could not even imagine such a thing as a galaxy. 

It's why, when I see the "cosmos" in any way discussed in the bible, I see it as the writers would have seen it: The earth and sky as they knew it. i.e. all such comments can have an implied "as far as you are concerned" message to those of us on this particular planet. i.e. regarding this physical creation, the bible is about the inhabitants of earth and our relationship with our Creator.

It's why I believe the bible leaves plenty of room for sentient beings, created by God, on quintillions of planets throughout the cosmos, but as far as we are concerned, this is the one that matters. And the laws of physics, created by God, precludes any of these races of beings from ever coming into contact with each other. I could even go as far as to imagine that each one of us has, as our domain, the particular galaxy in which we reside. i.e. one inhabited planet per galaxy surrounded by a "yard" that is the galaxy.

I'm not saying any of the above is true. I'm saying I suspect there are plenty of "deep things of God" that we've not even considered. And it "could be" something like the above. But as far as we're concerned, he created us to be the caretakers of THIS planet, as a place where he could commune with man, governed locally by those who accept the free gift of redemption through the blood of Christ, who dies for those on THIS planet.

And what else are we currently as clueless of as ancient man was of Galaxies?

Edited by Still Alive

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,189
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

5 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

When I think of the "deep things of God", I think of all the quadrillions of exoplanets that almost certainly exist in the cosmos. And all those billions of galaxies that exist, while the writers of the bible could not even imagine such a thing as a galaxy. 

It's why, when I see the "cosmos" in any way discussed in the bible, I see it as the writers would have seen it: The earth and sky as they knew it. i.e. all such comments can have an implied "as far as you are concerned" message to those of us on this particular planet. i.e. regarding this physical creation, the bible is about the inhabitants of earth and our relationship with our Creator.

It's why I believe the bible leaves plenty of room for sentient beings, created by God, on quintillions of planets throughout the cosmos, but as far as we are concerned, this is the one that matters. And the laws of physics, created by God, precludes any of these races of beings from ever coming into contact with each other. I could even go as far as to imagine that each one of us has, as our domain, the particular galaxy in which we reside. i.e. one inhabited planet per galaxy surrounded by a "yard" that is the galaxy.

I'm not saying any of the above is true. I'm saying I suspect there are plenty of "deep things of God" that we've not even considered. And it "could be" something like the above. But as far as we're concerned, he created us to be the caretakers of THIS planet, as a place where he could commune with man, governed locally by those who accept the free gift of redemption through the blood of Christ, who dies for those on THIS planet.

And what else are we currently as clueless of as ancient man was of Galaxies?

Thanks for your thoughts, as long as the peace of Christ in your heart bears witness with what you hold as true, you are on your course and will get your ‘well done’…  

For the peace of Christ in my heart bears witness with the truth; that when all is boiled down,  righteousness will be found as the very substance of all things….

Could I be wrong, sure, but I can only follow my inner witness, for I too am striving after my ‘well done’…..

Be blessed as we both strive after our ‘well done’s’….

A fellow striver, Not me 

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Content Count:  1,090
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

5 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

International Standard Version Mathew 11:25
25. At that time Jesus said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from wise and intelligent people and have revealed them to infants.

1 Corinthians 3:1-3 English Standard Version 2016 (ESV)But I, brothers, could not address you as spiritual people, but as people of the flesh, as infants in Christ. I fed you with milk, not solid food, for you were not ready for it. And even now you are not yet ready, for you are still of the flesh. 

Hebrews 5:13-14 NIV

Anyone who lives on milk, being still an infant, is not acquainted with the teaching about righteousness. But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.

Brethren, do not be children in understanding; however, in malice be babes, but in understanding be mature.
I Corinthians 14:20 NKJV
https://bible.com/bible/114/1co.14.20.NKJV

Then Jesus called a little child to Him, set him in the midst of them, and said, “Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 18:2‭-‬4 NKJV
https://bible.com/bible/114/mat.18.2-4.NKJV

It may also be about literal babies.

Out of the mouth of babes and nursing infants You have ordained strength, Because of Your enemies, That You may silence the enemy and the avenger.
Psalms 8:2 NKJV
https://bible.com/bible/114/psa.8.2.NKJV

https://makinghistorynow.wordpress.com/2022/04/20/praying-children-started-a-stream-of-revival-in-silesia/

Edited by RdJ
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,398
  • Content Per Day:  12.19
  • Days Won:  31

On 3/13/2024 at 5:04 PM, grahampaul said:

i never knew that.thats a strong statement,please show me where i can find this written..

@grahampaul Rahab is mentioned in Hebrews 11.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,398
  • Content Per Day:  12.19
  • Days Won:  31

On 3/14/2024 at 4:23 PM, RdJ said:

Brethren, do not be children in understanding; however, in malice be babes, but in understanding be mature.
I Corinthians 14:20 NKJV
https://bible.com/bible/114/1co.14.20.NKJV

Then Jesus called a little child to Him, set him in the midst of them, and said, “Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 18:2‭-‬4 NKJV
https://bible.com/bible/114/mat.18.2-4.NKJV

It may also be about literal babies.

Out of the mouth of babes and nursing infants You have ordained strength, Because of Your enemies, That You may silence the enemy and the avenger.
Psalms 8:2 NKJV
https://bible.com/bible/114/psa.8.2.NKJV

https://makinghistorynow.wordpress.com/2022/04/20/praying-children-started-a-stream-of-revival-in-silesia/

@RdJ Great verses there; we need to be humble........

• Thumbs Up 2