IGNORED

A WIFE MUST SUBMIT TO HER HUSBAND AS THE CHURCH IS SUBMITTED TO THE LORD.

Born4Jesus

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  79
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

My father was an elder, and this subject came up occasionally at church.  My mother never crossed or disagreed with him at church, but she made a statement when I was a young adult that was realistic.  And I got a good laugh from it.

Her comment?  "Sam might be the head of the family, but I am the neck that turns the head in the right direction at times".  

And that was the truth.  Dad was a good, well meaning man, but she had more common sense that my father did, and I always realized she had a better understnding of the Bible.  But she played the game and kept quiet at church.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,090
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

4 hours ago, ladypeartree said:

and those of us who are n0t married ????/

We're free! Yay!!!!!!

I only had to obey my ex husband but now he's not bossy anymore and even gets me groceries. I do have to obey my rabbit. When I clean he sometimes attacks me because it's his mess.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Content Count:  1,090
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

7 hours ago, Born4Jesus said:

EPHESIANS 5:22-24 (GOD’S WORD Translation)

22 Wives, place yourselves under your husbands’ authority as you have placed yourselves under the Lord’s authority.
23 The husband is the head of his wife as Christ is the head of the church. It is his body, and he is its Savior.
24 As the church is under Christ’s authority, so wives are under their husbands’ authority in everything.

We are Christians and then we need to submit to the Word of God . Otherwise we do not belong to Jesus Christ.
As some preachers say, God knows that it is difficult for a woman to be submitted and so He gave such a commandment.

The Bible talks to Christians so we all know what we must do in order to get married.

No Christian man has to require submission from another Christian woman before they get married because they are both God's chrildren and tey knwo what He wants for them.

1 CORINTHIANS 11:8-9 (GOD’S WORD Translation)
8 Clearly, man wasn’t made from woman but woman from man.
9 Man wasn’t created for woman but woman for man.

No Christian wife can rebel toher husband because God rebellion means disobeys God.

Yes but he can also be controlling. If he's not controlling why wouldn't you want to obey him? What do you even have to obey? Normally a guy doesn't want to order his wife around. When I was dating my ex I broke up after 3 weeks because he was so bossy. Then I saw a book from the 60s or so from the wife of a baptist preacher and she said women always have to obey, so then later we married, but I was a soft egg and that is not healthy. Cesar Castellanos wrote a book. I did not read it. Only the front and I thought: oh no that is bad and rebellious. He said that he was used to being obeyed. He had a huge church. People simply listened. He also ordered his wife around. Iron my suit! And at one moment she refused. He complained to God that his wife had become rebellious and God said that he shouldn't be such a control freak. When he asked her normal she did not mind serving him. But we have to serve each other.

If a woman has a controlling demon then yes she has to repent and obey. I saw that with T.B. Joshua. She beat her husband up and was demon posessed and had to literally bow for him and say sorry. But if you already think it's normal that the man is the boss you can also get abuse from the man. And what annoyed me was obey your husband okay fine no problem, cause I was quite naive and immature and wanted a father figure to tell me what to do, but then you get kids and you know how to obey but now he expects that you turn into his domineering mother and dominate your children. Hello. If you want to be the boss you have to do that. My mom could always be sweet and obey and my dad had to play bad cop and carry all the responsibility. 

Edited by RdJ

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

Both the husband the wife have an obligation to obey God first.  Also, both the husband and wife should value and honor each other as God intended.  When it comes to obedience a wife should respect and honor her husbands request as long as they are within God's will and commandments. God always comes first.  A good example of this type of disobedience is Isaac and Rebeka.   Isaac wanted to bless Esau his firstborn but Rebeka knew that God intended to bless Jacob and therefor misled and even disobeyed Isaac's wishes to ensure the blessing went to Jacob as God intended.

Edited by Jedi4Yahweh

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,125
  • Content Per Day:  7.06
  • Days Won:  97

1 hour ago, other one said:

Part of the context of this scripture carries with it the duties of the Husband also.   He is to love his wife as Jesus loved the church....   That would be putting her needs ahead of his consistently.  He should be ready to let a dozen or so big buys beat him half to death and then hang him on a tree for her.   He should do all things in this life for her benefit, as Jesus did ours. I can't imagine any woman not submitting to someone like that. 

That's bringing what is proper for us men into focus. Beware of men who go on and on about what a wife should and should not do. Our only concern is how we ought to conduct ourselves. Our brother nails it perfectly.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  31
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  03/25/1981

13 hours ago, Jayne said:

So .....

.... if her husband tells her to steal money from her elderly mother and give it to him so he can buy drugs, she has to do it or else she is in disobedience to God?

I don't have a problem with scripture.  I have a HUGE problem with how people interpret it.  I have heard things about wives come out of the mouths of Christians that would make you sick.

What exactly do you mean by your last statement?

I am very sorry for keeping silent. Indeed, I was unable to retrieve my topics until now. I am sorry agaon.

Well, I totallu agree with you. And the reason why I mentioned Christian because this is for the one who is God's child. The Bible says so in Romans 8:14 'GOD’S WORD Translation): "Certainly, all who are guided by God’s Spirit are God’s children."

I mean whoever is led by the Holy Spirit, of course. A Christian husband annot push his wife to sin not a Christian wife push her husband to sin. 

I think I understood what you meantand that my response did not offend anyone.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, FJK said:

I would imagine that household, that marriage, is already fully in disobedience to God to start with, The Godly responsibility for the spiritual state of a household is the duty of the husband, not the wife, and that is no small responsibility.

I totally agree with you my beloved. However it has become very hard to meet such peole or such a Sister who would accept that and life has become harder than previously so both of them shold agree about. 

And we men have left women alone and children are now educated by moms only and even the laws in most countries do not help.

We Christians must not compromise our faith and we need to pray a lot and Young Christian need more education to save the future.

I think I did not write anything wrong or confused.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, ladypeartree said:

and those of us who are n0t married ????/

I am still unmarried my sister...LOL!

This topic is also for us who want and would like to get married. The reason we must follow God's instructions when the Bible recommands to marry amongst us. I mean a Christian must mary a Christian.

Romans 12:1-2 

Dedicate Your Lives to Gof

1 Brothers and sisters, in view of all we have just shared about God’s compassion, I encourage you to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, dedicated to God and pleasing to him. This kind of worship is appropriate for you.

Don’t become like the people of this world. Instead, change the way you think. Then you will always be able to determine what God really wants—what is good, pleasing, and perfect.

When we watch films, we seldom learn good things if not what is against God's instructions. And even at school we are taught about claiming for our rights an so on.

I sincerely believe that the HJoly Spirit won't leave ys alone as long as we please Him.

The instructions we find innside the Bible are for Christians and not for pagans. How can we ask a Pagan to follow God's commandments they did not give their life to Jesus Christ. Tis is out dury or responsibility to be His witnesses eveerywhere in order to win more souls for Him.

We often make lots of mistake like GOD WIL CHANGE HIM and when it oes not happen we accuse God while the Bible tells us how to choose our partner. of course, the Bible tells us submit our projects to God and He will decide so we know what we should and this topicis also forus.Once again I repeat, I am still unmarried.  I am turning 43 on 25 March and I have never been in any love relationshipand maybe this is the reason why. I do not know. Maybe?

Please donot lose your heart because our God has a the better for all of us in store.

Proverbs 16:1-3 (GOD'S TRANSLATION)

Wisdom’s Blessings Come from the Lord 

1 The plans of the heart belong to humans, but an answer on the tongue comes from the LORD.

2 A person thinks all his ways are pure, but the Lord weighs motives.

3 Entrust your efforts to the Lordand your plans will succeed.

Otherwise here is what the NIVUK (Nex Intyernational Version - UK) says:

To humans belong the plans of the heart,     but from the Lord comes the proper answer of the tongue. 

All a person’s ways seem pure to them,     but motives are weighed by the Lord.

Commit to the Lord whatever you do,     and he will establish your plans.

And as Christian ladles, uou must always dress decently and meditate your Bible in order to discover the plans that God has for you in store.

We should not be afraid bcause our Fater is always in control.

10 hours ago, deva1 said:

And of course the scripture goes on to say how important it is for husbands to love their wives as Jesus loves the church.......

Important to  include the complete scripture I think 🙂 .

If I understod well, I posted two different topics. One just intended for women as we are discussing here and another just intended for men. I len there is another referring ti Ephesians 5:25-33.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1