Reflection

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,466
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

As Christians, we celebrate Resurrection Day every day and are eternally thankful for the risen Christ, bearing all of our sins past, present, and future on Himself. Some claim they found Jesus, but would it be better to say Jesus came seeking the lost sheep? We were the ones lost, not Jesus, and He found us. That is love, compassion, and unmerited favor (Grace). Because of even one sin, our just reward is death, both physical and spiritual. Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. (1 John 4:10)

The unrepentant, those who rejected Christ’s free gift of the forgiveness of sins on what He accomplished on the Cross, His death, burial, and resurrection, carry their sins with them at physical and spiritual death. Eternal rejection of a holy God requires eternal separation and eternal punishment.

That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. (Matthew 5:45)

At present, those alive in the body (both the justified and unjustified) still receive blessings from God. Imagine a place where there are no blessings, a point and place where no blessings or good things occur for those who rejected God’s gift, and what He did on the cross so we can be with Him for eternity. We refer to that place as Hades (or Hell), followed by the Lake of Fire.

I try to block it from my mind, but I cannot. Christmas and Easter seasons heighten my thinking and concern about my loved ones, deceased family, and friends who refused the free gift of Salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, where they are right now, and what they are enduring.

They are cut off from any possible communion with God. They receive zero blessings (good things) from God, only what they earned (wages of sin), and degrees of suffering and punishment.

Those condemned souls are everything that made them who they are; their love, hate, rejection, memories, feelings, senses, personalities, character, etc., are still intact. The story of Lazarus and the rich man is tormenting for the rich man. The rich man retained love, compassion, and concern for his brothers and could not do anything to effect change; it was too late. It shows the condemned still retain their personalities, emotions, senses, and character.

And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. (Matthew 13:50) [emphasis added]

The “gnashing of teeth” may be symbolic of their stupidity of rejecting the gift of Salvation, pain, or anger and still swearing against God.

Let me ask this: For those of you who know you have loved ones who rejected the Lord as their savior, a mother, dad, brother, or sister, did you lose any of that love at their demise? We know our Lord is fair and just, but does that take away any of our pain and feelings for our loved ones and what they are experiencing right now?

It is times like these I have to lean on God’s Word and promises:

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. (Revelation 21:4)

For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind. (Isaiah 65:17)

Conversely:  Do you think people in heaven can see what we're doing on earth? (billygraham.org)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,398
  • Content Per Day:  12.19
  • Days Won:  31

1 hour ago, Dennis1209 said:

As Christians, we celebrate Resurrection Day every day and are eternally thankful for the risen Christ, bearing all of our sins past, present, and future on Himself. Some claim they found Jesus, but would it be better to say Jesus came seeking the lost sheep? We were the ones lost, not Jesus, and He found us. That is love, compassion, and unmerited favor (Grace). Because of even one sin, our just reward is death, both physical and spiritual. Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. (1 John 4:10)

The unrepentant, those who rejected Christ’s free gift of the forgiveness of sins on what He accomplished on the Cross, His death, burial, and resurrection, carry their sins with them at physical and spiritual death. Eternal rejection of a holy God requires eternal separation and eternal punishment.

That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. (Matthew 5:45)

At present, those alive in the body (both the justified and unjustified) still receive blessings from God. Imagine a place where there are no blessings, a point and place where no blessings or good things occur for those who rejected God’s gift, and what He did on the cross so we can be with Him for eternity. We refer to that place as Hades (or Hell), followed by the Lake of Fire.

I try to block it from my mind, but I cannot. Christmas and Easter seasons heighten my thinking and concern about my loved ones, deceased family, and friends who refused the free gift of Salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, where they are right now, and what they are enduring.

They are cut off from any possible communion with God. They receive zero blessings (good things) from God, only what they earned (wages of sin), and degrees of suffering and punishment.

Those condemned souls are everything that made them who they are; their love, hate, rejection, memories, feelings, senses, personalities, character, etc., are still intact. The story of Lazarus and the rich man is tormenting for the rich man. The rich man retained love, compassion, and concern for his brothers and could not do anything to effect change; it was too late. It shows the condemned still retain their personalities, emotions, senses, and character.

And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. (Matthew 13:50) [emphasis added]

The “gnashing of teeth” may be symbolic of their stupidity of rejecting the gift of Salvation, pain, or anger and still swearing against God.

Let me ask this: For those of you who know you have loved ones who rejected the Lord as their savior, a mother, dad, brother, or sister, did you lose any of that love at their demise? We know our Lord is fair and just, but does that take away any of our pain and feelings for our loved ones and what they are experiencing right now?

It is times like these I have to lean on God’s Word and promises:

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. (Revelation 21:4)

For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind. (Isaiah 65:17)

Conversely:  Do you think people in heaven can see what we're doing on earth? (billygraham.org)

It's been said that we can pray for others - fervently so, indeed.

But we cannot believe for someone else.

We who by God's grace believe are exhorted to keep 'looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, Who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God' (Hebrews 12.2).

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  450
  • Content Per Day:  4.69

15 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

The answer given at the billygraham.org site leaves me unsatisfied. Lazarus hasn't a statement in scriptures describing what he experienced prior to his resurrection. Neither were found written any statements from the many that were raised as described in Mat.27:52-53,

The tombs also were opened. And many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised, 53and coming out of the tombs after his resurrection they went into the holy city and appeared to many.

Eccl. 9:5 states that the dead know nothing. 

For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing, and they have no more reward, for the memory of them is forgotten.

Yet at the mount of transfiguration Elijah and Moses are seen conversing with Jesus.

Luke 9:28-31

Now about eight days after these sayings he took with him Peter and John and James and went up on the mountain to pray. 29And as he was praying, the appearance of his face was altered, and his clothing became dazzling white. 30And behold, two men were talking with him, Moses and Elijah, 31who appeared in glory and spoke of his departure, which he was about to accomplish at Jerusalem.

Perhaps there exists a barrier between here and there that also includes the conscious mind. Crossing over in either direction nullifies any awareness of the place departed from for us mere mortals as is seen in those resurrected by Jesus. The reason Moses and Elijah were conversing about current events is due to Jesus informing them of His impending crucifixion.

NDEs, or near death experiences may be just vivid dreams used to encourage repentance.

• Interesting! 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,943
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

2 minutes ago, D. Adrien said:

Moses and Elijah, 31who appeared in glory and spoke of his departure, which he was about to accomplish at Jerusalem.

Connecting with the higher reality of heaven.

Glory, doxa in Greek. 

Luk 9:32  Meanwhile Peter and his companions were overcome by sleep, but when they awoke, they saw Jesus’ glory and the two men standing with Him.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Content Count:  1,403
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

16 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

My grandmother on my father's side is an interesting case. She was my mother in practice and did a lot to expose both me and my sisters to Christianity. I think she meant well, but she also bought in to the prosperity gospel and some other dubious teachings. She seemed to use it in a way that was self serving sometimes. After her dementia kicked in someone in the mental health field described her as a psychopath. As the primary caregiver I ended up being the target of a lot of her abuse, and she behaved in some ways that weren't Christian at all.

I'm potentially wrong in this belief but I think that what's in a person's heart will shine through even during dementia. What I saw and experienced during her dementia didn't paint a great picture. It left me wondering about where she ended up. On one hand I absolutely believe God is merciful and grants people who are mentally impaired a lot of slack. On the other it was clear that she had a lot of bitterness and anger for various reasons.

Back to the question though, I still felt sympathy seeing the state she was in during life support. There's a lot to take to heart about her case, one of those things being that only God knows for sure what's in a person's heart. Even a decade after the fact it's still distressing to think that her standing with God by the end went so far off the mark as to land her in Hell.

• Interesting! 3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

19 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

try to block it from my mind, but I cannot. Christmas and Easter seasons heighten my thinking and concern about my loved ones, deceased family, and friends who refused the free gift of Salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, where they are right now, and what they are enduring

As has been said, we can pray for them and live a Christian life style and seek to witness.

Conversations can be directed to Christian teams, questions can be asked, as many people have ideas, support programmes/charities based on Christian morality.

Asking what they believe about.. or why they believe....?

Can make them think as can the question.

What evidence do you have for that belief?

Be bold, if you eat with them, whether at home or out make a point of saying grace for everyone out loud before anyone eats.

Try challenging your minister to put on an apologetic evening, either with a speaker or watching a coldcase lecture on video and invite them to the meeting.

• Interesting! 1

3 hours ago, Michael37 said:

Connecting with the higher reality of heaven.

Glory, doxa in Greek. 

Luk 9:32  Meanwhile Peter and his companions were overcome by sleep, but when they awoke, they saw Jesus’ glory and the two men standing with Him.

Yes Michael, in glory because Peter, James and John saw the results of Jesus' sacrifice as already having occurred. Similar to how Jesus prays in John 17 in the future tense - as His sacrifice having already happened and that He has pleased the Father with His obedience.

Jesus as God was seeing everything - past, present and future existing simultaneously.

John 17:4-5

I glorified you on earth, having accomplished the work that you gave me to do. 5And now, Father, glorify me in your own presence with the glory that I had with you before the world existed.

3 hours ago, AnOrangeCat said:

My grandmother on my father's side is an interesting case. She was my mother in practice and did a lot to expose both me and my sisters to Christianity. I think she meant well, but she also bought in to the prosperity gospel and some other dubious teachings. She seemed to use it in a way that was self serving sometimes. After her dementia kicked in someone in the mental health field described her as a psychopath. As the primary caregiver I ended up being the target of a lot of her abuse, and she behaved in some ways that weren't Christian at all.

I'm potentially wrong in this belief but I think that what's in a person's heart will shine through even during dementia. What I saw and experienced during her dementia didn't paint a great picture. It left me wondering about where she ended up. On one hand I absolutely believe God is merciful and grants people who are mentally impaired a lot of slack. On the other it was clear that she had a lot of bitterness and anger for various reasons.

Back to the question though, I still felt sympathy seeing the state she was in during life support. There's a lot to take to heart about her case, one of those things being that only God knows for sure what's in a person's heart. Even a decade after the fact it's still distressing to think that her standing with God by the end went so far off the mark as to land her in Hell.

Dementia also causes malice and anger in a phase of the process of this disease. It's a very difficult issue to deal with as a caregiver. It's the disease and not the individual suffering.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,090
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

20 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

I either block them or believe someone else prayed em into heaven if it wasn't me. My family has no free will. Me and my house. You have to be really evil for me to give up hope. I saw a video yesterday. That stepdad prayed that God would kill the dad and he went to hell. He was posessing his daughter who he got with a witch and always abused. He wanted to sacrifice her with Halloween. It was the leader of the satan church. So in that case yeah its not always me and my house and people have free will, but my friends, family and neighbours are just regular people. The worst one was my granddad who pulled people from their faith and even he got saved on his death bed. God said: You have the keys. Use them. Tomorrow will be too late.

Edited by RdJ

• Topic Count:  57
  • Content Count:  1,403
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

1 hour ago, D. Adrien said:

Dementia also causes malice and anger in a phase of the process of this disease. It's a very difficult issue to deal with as a caregiver. It's the disease and not the individual suffering.

It can, yeah. In her case I don't think so. It didn't seem to add to the mix so much as amplify what was already there. She had a sense of goodness toward others that came off as very transactional and entitled for example. She'd be good to other people but then expected to get recognition and reciprocation in return. When she didn't get that she'd turn to manipulation and tantrums. Even before the dementia she was that way. Add to the mix a son and several grandchildren who were heavily involved in drugs and it was a recipe for a lot of hurt feelings and bitterness on her part. So the main differences in her before and after state was the degree and that she eventually became a danger to herself and others.

• Thanks 1