• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,213
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

13 hours ago, Sower said:

default_thumbsup.gif.f3b6c105fe32c14dc0c8e37798ebc9cb.gif       "something big is on the horizon"        default_cool2.gif.7295a28a5d604e4fc90025ef5d048598.gif

"And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

"Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

"teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always,
to the end of the age.”

"Not forsaking our meeting together,

as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another;

and all the more as you see the day [of Christ’s return] approaching"     Hebrews 10:25

kjbkjhb.jpg.115f4561ffdce3b3ed614677151b4e40.jpg        

Yes the end is near but so many need to hear Gods voice come to me i will give you rest but it is even more then this my spirit is heavy oh God let your Glory fall

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,213

16 hours ago, Starise said:

Part of me thinks I would like to sell my ticket.

The Lord has our back, however that doesn’t mean He won’t allow problems temporarily. 

Not me I want a front row seat let your Glory fall on this world

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  136
  • Birthday:  01/01/1978

7 minutes ago, backontrack said:

I wish I knew my spirit is heavy and as if something is going to happen and I think God is in this what ever it is.

Well, if you are blessed by God to receive a miracle then be thankful and use that to guide you forward. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,169
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

428309337_10231500492233938_4257672445572721463_n.jpg.15030ca80eca169b0f0c5b3c314a0a59.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, other one said:

428309337_10231500492233938_4257672445572721463_n.jpg.15030ca80eca169b0f0c5b3c314a0a59.jpg

You sure about that?

Because a LOT of Protestants are the opposite of that. 
They're all about doom and gloom, the sky is falling, run for the hills, false prophets type. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  2,371
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, Eli1 said:

Because a LOT of Protestants are the opposite of that.

Are you talking absolute numbers, or a particular percentage?

32 minutes ago, Tristen said:

Are you talking absolute numbers, or a particular percentage?

Sorry, i didn't mention numbers but i'd say is as high as 50%, which is pretty high. 

Because think about it, you flip a coin and you get a false prophet. You flip it again you get some other person linking a daily occurrence to the end of the world, you flip it again you get some other person lost in conspiracies, and then you flip it one more time and you get a regular Christian who says :

Do Not Be Anxious
25 “Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27 And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?[a] 28 And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, 29 yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31 Therefore do not be anxious, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

34 “Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

and then you say: Wow thank you brother or sister it's good to see you among the crowd. 

Edited by Eli1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  2,371
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  1

17 minutes ago, Eli1 said:

Sorry, i didn't mention numbers but i'd say is as high as 50%, which is pretty high. 

Because think about it, you flip a coin and you get a false prophet. You flip it again you get some other person linking a daily occurrence to the end of the world, you flip it again you get some other person lost in conspiracies, and then you flip it one more time and you get a regular Christian who says :

I would suggest that, for the very reasons you mentioned, your original statement about "Protestants" is a very simplistic and unnecessarily denigrative generalization.

Spiritually mature Christians (of all stripes) understand to trust in God's sovereignty. Many who focus on prophecy see fulfilled prophecy as a comfort - affirming God's sovereignty. But there are also many Christians who are still finding their way to this revelation.

Is this exclusive to "Protestants"?

1 minute ago, Tristen said:

I would suggest that, for the very reasons you mentioned, your original statement about "Protestants" is a very simplistic and unnecessarily denigrative generalization.

Spiritually mature Christians (of all stripes) understand to trust in God's sovereignty. Many who focus on prophecy see fulfilled prophecy as a comfort - affirming God's sovereignty. But there are also many Christians who are still finding their way to this revelation.

Is this exclusive to "Protestants"?

This is just a simple fact of life my friend and as a mature Christian you should be beyond political correctness at this point, but your second question is very interesting one. 

Are other denominations confused? Absolutely!
For example, i go to an Orthodox Church where there are some mature members, but in other areas of the Church in USA or Greece or Albania or Italy, what you see is people stuck in tradition. 

Now, those folks don't make predictions because that's a realm of Protestants mainly, but they're just too much stuck in tradition. So they're confused too. In pretty high numbers i'd say. Like 60%. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,184
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  98

I'm in agreement with @Eli1 in this matter, though I would clarify this is a predilection I've observed specifically among evangelicals; "Protestant" is too broad of a brush to paint with in my estimation. I do appreciate your viewpoint as a fellow outsider looking in, my friend. 

I'm an evangelical according to the discrete definition of the term but apart from that distinction, I'm an outsider to evangelical circles and their churches. This propensity to support false prophets and an unhealthy fixation upon "doom and gloom" has much to do with the dominance of premillennial dispensationalism among those evangelical circles, Eli1. 

It's not not fair nor truthful to paint all evangelicals in such a way, for there are some who hold to a decidedly dispensational theology without falling prey to the hysteria of what I call "end times mania." It's all the rage, my friend. 

No matter the time it's always the same: the end is just around the bend. This was the rage during the late 19th century... the early and mid 20th century... 1988, the 1990s, the year 2000, 2012, 2020, 2023, 2024, 2025, and so on. 

• Thanks 1