• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,128
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

4 minutes ago, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

I'm not sure that people in the Old Testament are either automatically condemned or justified. In Romans it says we will be judged by how much light we had or knowledge we rejected. So people who had very little if any knowledge would be judged very less than us who have no excuse at all. I still believe that those who never heard of Jesus or Hell will still be judged, but it will be based on what they DID know of God from creation and consciousness than from what they didn't know. Just my 2 cents. 

And that servant who knew his master’s will, and did not prepare himself or do according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. But he who did not know, yet committed things deserving of stripes, shall be beaten with few. For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him they will ask the more.
Luke 12:47‭-‬48 NKJV
https://bible.com/bible/114/luk.12.47-48.NKJV

14 for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves, 15 who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them) 16 in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel.

Romans 2

And even if they lived bad you never know. Ian McCormack got saved just before he died because God told his mother to pray for him.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

17 minutes ago, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

So do you believe in annihilationism? That there is no Hell and people who don't go to Heaven will simply cease to exist?

Yes. It's all covered in detail in the link in my sig.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,171
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

I'm not sure that people in the Old Testament are either automatically condemned or justified. In Romans it says we will be judged by how much light we had or knowledge we rejected. So people who had very little if any knowledge would be judged very less than us who have no excuse at all. I still believe that those who never heard of Jesus or Hell will still be judged, but it will be based on what they DID know of God from creation and consciousness than from what they didn't know. Just my 2 cents. 

Keep in mind that Adam and Eve understood they shouldn't be naked and covered themselves before God even saw them.   Everyone has that inner voice that understands right from wrong.   I am hoping that the Lord considers how people respond to that little voice come judgement day.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,823
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

3 hours ago, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

The half-brother of Jesus Christ,  James, - in his book of the Bible that bears his name lists two Old Testament people that explains what you are asking about.

Both Abraham  and Rahab he said are examples of FAITH.  Old Testament  people were made righteous by faith alone.

[1]  Abraham believed what God said.

[2]  Rahab believe what was said ABOUT God.

Lots of people in the OT were righteous  because of their faith, not their works.  Works came  secondary.  This was true of both Jews and Gentiles.

[1] Noah, [2] Moses, [3] Pharoah's officials after the 7th plague, [4] Caleb the Kennizite, [5] Ruth the Moabite, [6] David, [7] the people of Nineveh, and a whole  lot more.

It's faith first and faith demonstrated by actions.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.61

On 4/2/2024 at 2:05 PM, Still Alive said:

Yes. It's all covered in detail in the link in my sig.

In your Sig? Sorry but I didn't know what that means.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  243
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,974
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

1 minute ago, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

Sig = Signature. These show at the bottom of our posts if we have created them through our profile page. There is an option to turn them off so we don't see them on other members.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,481
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 4/2/2024 at 2:50 PM, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

Excellent job with scripture there. It's true that we are judged by the amount of knowledge or "light" we have. If the Old Testament Jews had no knowledge of Hell, they would be less accountable than we are today. They also didn't yet know about Jesus as we do today. That's why Jesus told the people of Capernaum that their judgement would be WORSE than that of Sodom and Gomorrah. 

I suspect the standard for those that never heard of Jesus or the Gospel, or in OT times is as follows.

For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: (Romans 1:20)

As was mentioned, every person receives a certain amount of truth. It seems to be what is done when presented truth.

And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. (Jeremiah 29:13)

I do not believe in purgatory or annihilation; the Bible is so clear on that. Our God is a Trinity, we were created as tripart beings, consisting of body, soul, and spirit. Two brief examples:

And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. (1 Thessalonians 5:23)

Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it. (Ecclesiastes 12:7)

Another possibly related question to ponder. Why is there no mention of devils, unclean spirits, evil spirits, demons, or necromancy before Noah’s flood?

Abraham was a pagan, through faith Abraham was justified, and he believed God, it was counted toward Abraham as justification, as he put that belief into practice (works).  

With few exceptions, people are born with an instinct and sense of right and wrong, young children display and test their parents all the time. The accumulation of sin eventually sears the inborn sense of right and wrong.

My two pennies worff...

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,335
  • Content Per Day:  2.79

47 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

Abraham was a pagan, through faith Abraham was justified, and he believed God, it was counted toward Abraham as justification, as he put that belief into practice (works).  

Would it be correct to say all were pagan before Abram became Abraham? Or were there followers of God at that time that may have known Abram as he grew up?

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

18 hours ago, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

My signature. The stuff that appears below all my posts. (look below)

Edited by Still Alive