• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,049
  • Content Per Day:  1.61
  • Days Won:  0

21 minutes ago, SavedOnebyGrace said:

That's a term @HAZARD has used before when he distinguishes between it (Lucifer's Flood) and  Noah's Flood. I see it as the flood caused by the Younger-Dryas ice age melt approximately 12,000 to 13,000 years ago as determined by ice cores. Evidence is shown by flood damage to the Spinx in Egypt and the Grand Canyon in the USA.

Sorry to butt in, but could you tell me where scripture mentions a Lucifer's flood? I have only ever seen Noah's flood in Scripture. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,059
  • Content Per Day:  14.39

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

Sorry to butt in, but could you tell me where scripture mentions a Lucifer's flood? I have only ever seen Noah's flood in Scripture.

https://www.compellingtruth.org/lucifers-flood.html

Lucifer's Flood

Lucifer's Flood the Katabole

Noah's Flood flood destroyed people. Lucifer's Flood destroyed fallen angels. The Bible is written for people, not angels.

Edited by SavedOnebyGrace

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,221
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

59 minutes ago, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

I could always be wrong.

I developed that talent when i was very young.  At 77 now, not so much.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SavedOnebyGrace said:

That's a term @HAZARD has used before when he distinguishes between it (Lucifer's Flood) and  Noah's Flood. I see it as the flood caused by the Younger-Dryas ice age melt approximately 12,000 to 13,000 years ago as determined by ice cores. Evidence is shown by flood damage to the Spinx in Egypt and the Grand Canyon in the USA.

I am familiar with the happening, just not the terminology.  G. H. Pember wrote about that in the late 1800s. (Earth's Earliest Ages)  Hebrew scholars tell me that isn't what the Bible really says, however I have always been open to it for it fits into what I see in nature and doesn't disrupt the overall story of the Bible.  I think it is in my Kindle Library.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,147
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

6 hours ago, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

The ice age did not occur in Genesis 1. It occurred during Noah's flood when the waters were covering the entire Earth. I'm not a scientist so I don't claim to understand why certain parts of the ocean were frozen, but they obviously were. Noah's flood occurred approximately 5,000 years ago, so there's my two cents on the matter.

It must have happened after Noah's flood because just like flood stories there are also stories from Aboriginals and France that the sealevel was way lower and they could walk to islands.

https://theconversation.com/ancient-aboriginal-stories-preserve-history-of-a-rise-in-sea-level-36010

https://hakaimagazine.com/news/memories-of-the-end-of-the-last-ice-age-from-those-who-were-there/

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  4,453
  • Content Per Day:  8.13

2 hours ago, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

Well you know I have my doubts about the whole gap thing in Genesis 1.

I don't.  The meaning of "tohu wabohu" in Gen 1:2 is very clear from all the occurrences of "tohu" in the OT plus where the 3 times "wabohu" is added.

However even if your correct on that, it seems to me that water covering the earth for an entire year would melt any previous ice that would have been there.

Why does it "seem that way" to you?  What's the basis?  And what's the basis for 1 year?  And the depth of the ice pack could could completely cover the whole earth, mountains and all.  

Plus there's no mention at all in Genesis that such I've existed.

No mention of what, exactly?  An ice age?  Why would there be?  It all happened before God restored the earth for man's use, so isn't relevant or applicable for man.

I believe that is why God left out all details of who, why and how the earth became an uninhabitable wasteland (tohu wabohu).

The oldest text that actually mentions an ice age is in the book of Job which many scholars believe was written around Abraham's time. It's impossible to be dogmatic on the subject because there's not enough information to know for sure. I'm just giving my opinion. I could always be wrong.

Anybody could be wrong about what the Bible doesn't say.  All we have is what the Bible does say.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,059
  • Content Per Day:  14.39

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, other one said:

I am familiar with the happening, just not the terminology.  G. H. Pember wrote about that in the late 1800s. (Earth's Earliest Ages)  Hebrew scholars tell me that isn't what the Bible really says, however I have always been open to it for it fits into what I see in nature and doesn't disrupt the overall story of the Bible.  I think it is in my Kindle Library.

The Hebrew scholars also believe Jesus is not the Christ. I have Pember's book but haven't read it. I have read an assortment of Christian authors like Heisler, John Stott, Walter Kaiser, Norman Geisler, William Dembski, J.I. Packer, J.P. Moreland, Philip E. Johnson, Chuck Colson, Wayne Grudem, as well the late Francis Schaefer and Old Testament scholar Gleason Archer, et al.

Notable Christians Open to an Old Earth

Edited by SavedOnebyGrace

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,297
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

When was the ice age... right up and to the freezer quit working...

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  4,453
  • Content Per Day:  8.13

9 hours ago, SavedOnebyGrace said:

The Hebrew scholars also believe Jesus is not the Christ. I have Pember's book but haven't read it. I have read an assortment of Christian authors like Heisler, John Stott, Walter Kaiser, Norman Geisler, William Dembski, J.I. Packer, J.P. Moreland, Philip E. Johnson, Chuck Colson, Wayne Grudem, as well the late Francis Schaefer and Old Testament scholar Gleason Archer, et al.

Notable Christians Open to an Old Earth

Wow.  Thanks for the list!  Very impressive.  I onder if all the derogatories, insults, etc that rv has been slinging at me will not be slung at that rather long list of dignitaries as well.

10 hours ago, SavedOnebyGrace said:

I have Pember's book but haven't read it.

You should read it.  I hadn't read it in a very long time, so I dug it out of my Kindle library and started reading again