• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,515
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, AdHoc said:

Hi y'all @RdJ @Dennis1209 @WilliamL @Vine Abider @Marilyn C @Michael37 @farouk and the rest. One of the most powerful tools used by the Bible to help with understanding is the TYPE. A Lamb is a TYPE of Christ, Adam and Eve are a TYPE of Christ and the Church and Hagar is a TYPE of the Law. A Type is usually a brief picture showing the overriding truth. One should not build doctrine on a Type, but one should take the lesson shown seriously. I propose THREE TYPES of a split rapture.

1. The Transfiguration of Jesus. Jesus said that some would not see death until they saw Him COMING in His Kingdom. The High Mountain shows an elevated position akin to being raptured to the clouds. Jesus appears in all His glory. Elijah speaks for the LIVING who are changed and then raptured. Moses speaks for the dead and resurrected saints. While Moses is chastised temporally his faithfulness and service are not forgotten. His body is fought for and He is in the Kingdom. But of even more import is that only THREE disciples are invited on high. NINE must remain in the valley and be overcome by a demon.

2. Abraham and Lot. The judgment of the "days of Lot" are come. Both Abraham and Lot are called righteous. 2nd Pet 2:7-9a says;

7 And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked: 8 (For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds;) 9 The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations

But Abraham is on the plain of Mamre at Hebron which means "fellowship". Hebron is about 2,500 ft above sea level. Lot was in the "well-watered plain of Jordan" the lowest point on earth. God and angels visit Abraham and he knows God's plan of judgment. Only angels visit Lot. Lot is saved but does not ascend to Hebron (fellowship). His wife had eyes for Sodom, his daughters seduced him, Lot got drunk and produced two implacable enemies of Israel and he ended in Zoar, which means "insignificant".

3. "The days of Noah". God is about to judge universally. No corner of the earth will be left uncovered by the waters of death. One man "walked with God" and was "Taken" - Enoch. Another man is also justified. He speaks for those born again for "he was PERFECT in his GENERATION" - Noah. But he must stay with the clean and unclean and later is father of a cursed one - Ham. The raven is unclean. It did not return because it found dead bodies floating and could rest and eat the dead. Enoch was "taken" - Noah, of the same line, is "left"

In conclusion we turn to what really happens, as spoken by Jesus Himself in Matthew 24:32-51. The days are like Noah's. Violence, mating with angels, and man devising ONLY evil ALL the time. The Lord speaks a Parable. Parables are for the Church only (Matt.13:10-11). The teaching is about "servants". Except for the Fig Tree, no sign is given. The "servants" do not look for events, but for a moral condition. Jesus does not come like lightening. he comes as a Thief. A Thief comes stealthily at the circadian low. He comes for what is precious. he "TAKES" and goes. What is "LEFT" had lessor value.

The word "taken" concerning those "taken" in the flood is "airoo". It means snatched violently like our sins  are taken away on the cross by God's judgment. But of the Two working the mill, the one"Taken" is "paralambano" - meaning," to take with as a well known acquaintance" Joseph "TOOK" (paralambano) Mary with to Egypt to save her from Herod's decree. Added to this, the grammar divides those "Taken" (airoo) in the flood. Verse 40 starts with "THEN". This indicates an additional event beside the flood. "The woman screamed. THEN the police came running". But most telling is verse 42. The word "Therefore" shows the conclusion of the lesson. But who is the lesson for? THOSE WHOSE LORD WAS COMING - "Your Lord"- Christians!

And so, the evidence concerning a multi-rapture with Christians taken according to their maturity and faithfulness, is much.

Wow! Your post contains so much to unpack, and I would not know where to begin, as it is all related. God’s word can have more than one interpretation, and in my opinion, they can all be correct and related.

I always wondered why Jesus had an inner circle of apostles, namely Peter, James, and John. Out of the twelve, this inner circle was the only one’s allowed to witness (perhaps that is the key by the number) the major miraculous events of raising the dead and Transfiguration.

Jesus selected only the three and took them up the mountain to a chosen spot for the Transfiguration, from Caesarea Philippi to the middle of nowhere. I believe that location was Mount Hermon, and the spot was the legendary place and cave where the Jews believed the gateway to Hell was located, and the 200 Watchers descended atop Mt. Hermon. It also had a Baal worship temple at that location. It is well documented in historical writings. Jesus poked Satan’s eye and mocked him on that spot with his defeat.

And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of Hell shall not prevail against it. (Matthew 16:18)

Obviously, this Rock is Jesus, and the church is built upon Him. I think it also included the location where this is revealed. The RCC claims Peter is this rock. It is interesting to note the gates of Hell; are they keeping something in or out?

Briefly, I am in good company in my view, that Mat. 16:28, Luke 9:27, and Mark 9:1 were fulfilled at Jesus’s Transfiguration and ascension to Heaven—another long explanation.

As you mention, the drunken stupor patrimony of Lot with his daughters, lead to beaucoup trouble with the Moabites, Ammonites, gig-a-bites, all the bites.

Noah did not curse Ham; Noah cursed Canaan. And he said, Cursed be Canaan; a servant of servants shall he be unto his brethren. (Genesis 9:25)

This is interesting but does not make sense in the context of scripture until one understands kingship and customs. It is much too long to detail, but only one explanation of several fits perfectly. If anyone is interested, I will initiate a separate thread.

These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God. (Genesis 6:9)

We know Noah was not perfect, he liked his wine and got drunk, and what did that lead to.

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; (Romans 3:23)

Perfect, and generations (plural), implies to me his genetics (DNA) and the reason God had to drown everything with the breath of life. The spillover and consequences from Genesis 6:1-4.

The believed gateway to Hell today:

MT. HERMON.jpg

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  269
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,245
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

5 hours ago, farouk said:

Hi @Dennis1209 I think 1 Cor. 10.32 which talks about Jews, Gentiles and the church of God is a good guide and prism through which to approach the subject.

Very good farouk,

We need to always start with the WHY God is doing something - His Eternal Purposes for the Body of Christ, for Israel and for the Nations.

Get those muddled up and you have `soup.`  (All in together.)

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, AdHoc said:

Hi y'all @RdJ @Dennis1209 @WilliamL @Vine Abider @Marilyn C @Michael37 @farouk and the rest. One of the most powerful tools used by the Bible to help with understanding is the TYPE. A Lamb is a TYPE of Christ, Adam and Eve are a TYPE of Christ and the Church and Hagar is a TYPE of the Law.

Hi AdHoc,

Adam and Eve are NOT a type of Christ and the Church, but of Christ and Israel.

1. The Body of Christ is neither male or female.

2. There are no marriages in heaven.

3. There are no scriptures saying that the Body of Christ is female, the bride.

4. Israel is clearly from scripture the Bride, the wife of the Lamb.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,633
  • Content Per Day:  12.17
  • Days Won:  31

10 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Very good farouk,

We need to always start with the WHY God is doing something - His Eternal Purposes for the Body of Christ, for Israel and for the Nations.

Get those muddled up and you have `soup.`  (All in together.)

Hi @Marilyn C We need indeed to keep searching the Scriptures.........

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,066
  • Content Per Day:  3.30
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi AdHoc,

Adam and Eve are NOT a type of Christ and the Church, but of Christ and Israel.

1. The Body of Christ is neither male or female.

3. There are no scriptures saying that the Body of Christ is female, the bride.

In our last debate about this you chose to avoid comment on my scriptures. I'm happy to let you have the last word, as, without commentary, they're just an opinion....

But no, it may benefit someone else, so, briefly

1. The Body of Christ does not have to be female or male. In John Chapter 2 "IT" is neuter. His Body is Christ's enlargement for a physical testimony on earth. It is not for marriage.

2. Who said anything about "heaven"? This is a problem for you because of other doctrines you hold. Added to this, as last time - which you avoided - I proposed that God's Word says that the Marriage Feast is LIKE the Kingdom. The Kingdom is on earth, and lasts 1,000 years. Added to this, the foolish Virgins had to buy from those who sell. The wise bought their extra oil in their lifetime. Therefore, those who sell must be on earth.

3. What has the Body of Christ to do with marriage? It is that which came out of Christ in death that is His Wife. She was redeemed for 30 pieces of silver - the redemption of a woman. In 2nd Corinthians 11 she is a Virgin and Ephesians 5 speaks for itself;

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; 26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, 27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish. 28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself. 29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church: 30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones. 31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh. 32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church. 33 Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.

4. Your insinuation is that God died. God is the Husband of Israel and He is NOT the Lamb. He is Husband by Covenant (Ezek.16:8), not by Israel coming out of His side. Christ is Husband by ORIGIN seeing as we are "bones of is bone and flesh of His flesh".  God decrees; "It is not good that MAN be alone". The Church is Christ's companion.

God had four duties fro mankind, (i) to be His physical expression in a physical creation, (ii) to be His spiritual House for He is a Spirit, (iii) to bring into order and rule the physical earth, and (iv) to be a  companion "up to the standard of" Christ THE MAN. As a ruler we are kings (male, or "Man-Child")). As a Temple/House we are neuter. As worshiper we are "subjects" and "servants". As a Bride we female. You can't lump them together. They are highly individual and one does not annul another.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,155
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

17 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Speaking to a Gentile Church, Paul wrote:

2 Cor. 11:2 For I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy; for I betrothed you to one husband, to present you as a pure virgin to Christ.

17 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Matthew 22:30 “For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.”

This verse is commonly misunderstood, because people project into it more than it actually says. First, what it does NOT say:

That marriage in heaven will not exist. (Heaven itself IS a state of marriage; that is, a state of union.)

That people in heaven will be sexless.

That angels in heaven are sexless, or are only males, having no feminine traits at all.

Now, what the passage DOES say:

That personal volition regarding 1) the choosing to marry, 2) the choosing of whom to marry, and 3) the choosing to give one’s daughter in marriage,

which currently are all earthly choices of our wills – such solely personal choices will not take place in heaven.

excerpted from: https://www.worthychristianforums.com/blogs/entry/3152-marital-union-in-heaven-and-in-creation-part-1/

Marilyn, you've built your whole view of marriage in heaven on one verse, into which you project much that is neither stated nor implied.

For those who might be interested, I just posted the 3rd in a seven part blog series called Marital Union in Heaven, and in Creation.

https://www.worthychristianforums.com/blogs/entry/3183-marital-union-in-heaven-and-in-creation-part-3-first-stage-of-holy-marital-union-man-–-a-covenant-of-flesh/

So...let`s look at this teaching which I believe is false - that the Body of Christ is a female, a bride.

There are only two scriptures presented for this teaching.

1. 2 Cor. 11: 2. Here Paul is speaking to his disciples and wanting to present them to the Lord as pure, (virgins). However, it is NOT Paul who will present us to the Lord but the Lord Himself as Jude 24 tells us. So that scripture in 2 Cor. is not valid as proof.

2. Eph. 5: 25 - 32. Paul has written in Ch. 1 - 4 concerning the Body of Christ as the New Man. Then in Ch. 5 & 6 he writes about the believer`s behaviour; for children, parents, wives, husbands, servants and masters. 

For the husbands they are to love their wives as their own bodies just as Christ loves His own Body.

`Husbands ought to love their own wives as their own bodies; he who loves wife loves himself. For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as the Lord does the church.

For we are members of His body, of His flesh and His bones. ` (Eph. 5: 28 - 30)

So, clearly there is no indication from these illustrations that the New Man is also female.

Imagine telling a `gay` man that that is wrong and then telling him to become the bride of Christ. And the damage to young men, telling them that they are the `bride` of Christ, is truly dangerous. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,210
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Imagine telling a `gay` man that that is wrong and then telling him to become the bride of Christ. 

Lol I did just that. A guy on a Dutch reformed forum was gay. He said he could stop cigarettes, but not that. He wondered why God cared about him having a boyfriend. I said: He's jealous. He wants to marry you. If you want to marry a man so badly here's the chance and it isn't even sin. 

You can't get a better Mr. Right.

God was married to Israel in the O.T.  

https://www.christianstudylibrary.org/link/three-weddings-and-divorce-gods-covenant-israel-judah-and-church

Screenshot_20240501_022200_Chrome.jpg.93ff47e4723aadb6fe554833aa45e815.jpg

Edited by RdJ

35 minutes ago, RdJ said:

Lol I did just that. A guy on a Dutch reformed forum was gay. He said he could stop cigarettes, but not that. He wondered why God cared about him having a boyfriend. I said: He's jealous. He wants to marry you. If you want to marry a man so badly here's the chance and it isn't even sin. 

You can't get a better Mr. Right.

God was married to Israel in the O.T.  

https://www.christianstudylibrary.org/link/three-weddings-and-divorce-gods-covenant-israel-judah-and-church

Screenshot_20240501_022200_Chrome.jpg.93ff47e4723aadb6fe554833aa45e815.jpg

And that is a symbol of God`s relationship with Israel - husband /master.

However, the BODY of Christ has a closer relationship Head - Body

`For we are members of His body, of His flesh and His bones. ` (Eph. 5: 30)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,210
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

7 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

And that is a symbol of God`s relationship with Israel - husband /master.

However, the BODY of Christ has a closer relationship Head - Body

`For we are members of His body, of His flesh and His bones. ` (Eph. 5: 30)

Man and wife would be one body says Genesis so we're both. Otherwise you get what someone on a Messianic forum said: Only Jews are the bride! I thought He got rid of the middle wall.

I asked Him if I could marry another guy. He said: Marry Me. Time is short. They were marrying and giving into marriage. I said: If You really want that I want it to be romantic and I want to see Your Face. That night I had a dream ofJesus and me on a sail ship and He was the Captain and I saw His Face behind 2 wooden things, like a cross.

Not only some select people may marry. It's for everyone. 

“Do not fear, for you will not be ashamed; Neither be disgraced, for you will not be put to shame; For you will forget the shame of your youth, And will not remember the reproach of your widowhood anymore. For your Maker is your husband, The Lord of hosts is His name; And your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel; He is called the God of the whole earth. For the Lord has called you Like a woman forsaken and grieved in spirit, Like a youthful wife when you were refused,” Says your God.
Isaiah 54:4‭-‬6 NKJV
https://bible.com/bible/114/isa.54.4-6.NKJV