• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,305
  • Content Per Day:  7.11
  • Days Won:  99

14 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Good to think upon these questions as they help us appreciate God`s character and His purposes.

So...Why didn`t God cast Lucifer/Satan into the lake of Fire -

1. After he had sinned in the angelic realm and was cast out.

2. After he had deluded Adam and Eve.

3. After Christ rose from the dead.

4. After the tribulation.

Answer: Because the accuser has a role to fulfill according to purpose of the Lord. It is clear from the testimony of scripture that:

1. Satan must abide by every word of God (all things serve the Lord);

2. Satan has petitioned the Lord and He granted his petition (ref. Job);

3. No one and nothing can stand against the Lord, for He has no equal and there is no one else like Him;

4. Accordingly, the adversary is OUR enemy, not His. This is according to the will and purpose of the Lord.

Revilers and the like seek to prey upon the beliefs and belief system of the religious. They set snares to trap the unwary so that their subjective construct of God unravels. This is not necessarily a bad thing. How so?

The Lord does not conduct Himself according to the dictates of our beliefs, our belief systems, nor our understanding (He does whatever He pleases and answers to no one). Our understanding of the Lord is defined by our relationship with Him, not our conception of Him. If the latter prevails, then we only know a construct of God and not the Lord Himself. 

It is good for beliefs and belief systems to be destroyed. This is necessary for religion --- a system of belief --- comes naturally to man. Faith in the Lord, however, does not. That was part of what I endured during those decades when I wandered... whatever conceptions I had of the Lord were destroyed. Praise God!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  290
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

Think God knew humans would have such questions about Satan and Adam/Eve thats one reason He had the bible written. However I think there must be a deeper reason why God didn't just kill off Satan and Adam/Eve immediately. As a advid bible reader I think Job's account bears some connection to some of the reasons. Recall Satan challenged God regarding Job and by extension all mankind and this was hundreds of years after Adam/Eve.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,508
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

18 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Good to think upon these questions as they help us appreciate God`s character and His purposes.

1. After he had sinned in the angelic realm and was cast out.

2. After he had deluded Adam and Eve.

3. After Christ rose from the dead.

4. After the tribulation.

I think most of us have thought about and questioned that question. The following is one of the best answers I found that I agree with:

God vs. Satan—If God Is All-Powerful, Why Does He Not Just Kill Satan?

God has not cast Satan into the Lake of Fire yet because His timing is perfect and part of His sovereign plan. While it remains a mystery why God has not destroyed Satan immediately after his sin, it is believed that God's plan for Satan will ultimately bring about good for those who love Him. Questioning God's plan and timing is seen as questioning His judgment and character. It is emphasized that God's ways are higher than human ways, and it is important to trust and obey Him. The belief is that God's plan for Satan's demise will be the best possible plan because it is God's plan, and it will ultimately glorify His righteousness.1

1 Got Questions? Bible Questions Answered

In Dennis's linguistics, Satan is a useful idiot. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  10/08/1956

I don't think the lake of fire was created yet

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, luigi said:

I don't know about Satan sinning in the angelic realm and being cast out yet, which many assume to be what Christ is saying when He says He saw Satan fall from heaven like lightning in Luke 10:18. It is in a future tense, just like Jesus saw not one stone on top of another in the current Jerusalem.

As to why Satan was not cast into the lake of fire following his deception of Adam and Eve; it was because man had made his choice to believe in Satan and not God at that point, and as such, Satan was allotted governance over man and the world. As his world governance over man and the worlds ecosystems is now collapsing; he and his false illuminating angels will soon be cast out unto the earth (Revelation 12:9), where he will be allotted one last go at making his governance over man and the world work. He will not be successful, and he knows it (Revelation 12:12).

Revelation 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Revelation 12:12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

I believe your observation is correct; Satan continues to accuse the brethren day and night before our advocate, the Lord Jesus Christ. I believe it is yet future:

Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the LORD. (Job 2:1)

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Starise said:

God uses bad to bring the other bad along with it. Satan has a purpose. In addition to bad being often turned for good purposes.

The way I see this things have to run their course now. Satan rebelled and pulled  a 3rd of the angels away. Satan aided in ruining man the same way he ruined himself, which I believe he thought it to be a death hit on men. He did not anticipate the salvation of men. This must really grate on him since none of the others were offered salvation. Their job was to remain loyal.

Now the goal is to entice men further away from God so they will never accept him. One way he does this is through character attacks on God questioning his validity , and discrediting the Bible in twisting it. If Christianity can be seen as passé, he can give men what the flesh has always wanted. A religion that lets them indulge the flesh. 
Anyone who has a mind to rebel or run counter to God will find lots of company. That’s why there will be millions in hell. This is the catalyst Satan uses, and why I think his presence on earth is used to help purge those people in the end.

I, too, have wondered why Satan and his ilk hate us so much. I do not think it has anything to do with, “misery loves company.”

To take a guess, I would say pride and jealousy were in play. He and the angelic host were not created in God's image and likeness.

When the morning stars sang together, and ALL the sons of God shouted for joy? (Job 38:7) [emphasis added]

To me, this indicates Lucifer and the one-third had not rebelled yet during creation.

9 hours ago, RV_Wizard said:

There is heart death and brain death.  When your heart stops, you can be revived.  When your brain is dead, your body may be re-animated, but your spirit is dormant until it is released by physical death.  Personally, I think the evidences of Near Death Experiences are too great to ignore.  True, people have been saved after recovering from near death experiences, but I wouldn't count on that.  None of us know how much time we have left.

The Bible does not talk about NDE, and perhaps I should not comment on it either. But it seems to be a thing in some instances. I have heard many testimonies of people seeing things they could not possibly know existed, such as a blue left-foot tennis shoe above the operating room drop ceiling.

With the insistence of the operating room staff, maintenance got a ladder to verify, and sure enough, it was there as described. Others have heard the conversations in different operating rooms and repeated them to the staff verbatim.

If true and not a hoax, I do not have a clue.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  268
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,229
  • Content Per Day:  3.48
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

You are all giving good answers. I`ll let the thread run a bit more before I post my thoughts.

I wonder what @AdHoc thinks. 

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,269
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

Why didn't God kill me/us when I first sinned?

God's ways are not man's ways.
               Some of God's ways are a mystery for a reason only he knows.

I believe the body of Christ has been and  is in (spiritual warfare) boot camp.
Those enlisted in the army of God battle the fallen spiritual realm with God's full armor.
When the lord returns we graduate, with scars, those who were faithful to his word.

This expresses our love to the God who saved us, we need a resistance/battle to self/pleasure. God allowed this enemy for us to battle/endure/overcome in Christ. Grow.
As faithful soldiers, abiding in the true vine Jesus, we can bear much fruit.

This glorifies the Father.
My thoughts.

Thanks Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  604
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

21 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Greetings Marilyn...

These are good questions there are some very good answers here as well…thank you. The scope of this discussion entails years of direct revelation from Yahshua…or from years of love and training under an apostolic father…its deeper than most realize…so perhaps we can kick up an answer…and I will share my understanding…however only Holy Spirit enlightenment will bear the interpretation and it is available to anyone born of His seed.

Of course we all know He will…but has not yet happened because God is not done with him…the plan is not complete. I think someone in this thread mentioned this…For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.” That speaks to the answer of your question Marylin…something that goes along with this…is…”And I saw one of his heads as if it had been mortally wounded, and his deadly wound was healed. And all the world marveled and followed the beast.”

Satan suffered a setback at the cross via a major loss of his power and authority…however he was not eliminated…why? The Lord Yahshua being the “Son of God” who was manifested to destroy the works of the devil…all but destroyed the works of the devil…only to let him live and recover…and recover he did.

How was this…“mortal wound”…inflicted? We know that upon His death…the Lord “descended” into the lower parts of the earth…where as He explains to John in Revelation 1 I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death.” This is likely what Paul meant when in Ephesians 4 he wrote…”Therefore He says: "WHEN HE ASCENDED ON HIGH, HE LED CAPTIVITY CAPTIVE, AND GAVE GIFTS TO MEN.”

That scene must have been amazing….think Arnold in “Terminator”…”I’ll be back.”

Simply put…”death” being when one gives up the spirit…Hades being the location of the souls of men prior to the Lord Yahshua’s arrival there. As Paul says in 1st Corinthians 15 “So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: "DEATH IS SWALLOWED UP IN VICTORY." "O DEATH, WHERE IS YOUR STING? O HADES, WHERE IS YOUR VICTORY?”

Perhaps the “near fatal or mortal wound” was the “Truth” that our Lord destroyed the dragon’s ability to bring death (the soul’s separation from God) via sin…and the subsequent captivity of that soul via Hades…to…”the spirits of just men made perfect.”

However the Son of God does not complete the destruction of the dragon or his beast at that time…Satan clearly loses his “former grip on death and Hades”…when it comes to those “in Christ” who cease in the flesh. Once those in Christ have completed their journey…their spirit goes back to God where it came from…the body goes into the earth…and the soul goes to God…not Hades.

Satan suffered a debilitating handicap at the hands of the Lord of glory…but was not destroyed…why? There is plenty of light on this forum for this endeavor…however something that caught my attention is when Know Jah posted this…I think there must be a deeper reason why God didn't just kill off Satan and Adam/Eve immediately. She then references "Job"…that connection resonates loudly to me…more than I care to share here.

Yet before us...future speaking..is the fulfillment of the “prophetic mandate” for the “seed of the woman…the Son of God…Christ” to “crush the head of the seed of the serpent…the son of Satan…beast…therein bruising His heel”…or as Brother John said it…that He might destroy the works of the devil. One must understand the definition of the seed of the serpent in order have a deeper view into this scenario.

“He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil. Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.” (1st John 3:8-9 NKJV)

As one can see…”sin or the works of the devil” is the reason that “Son of God” was made manifest…[your question Marilyn] now we see John write…”whoever has been born of God does not sin”…who is that? Why it’s the “Son of God”…who else? Well in order to understand this…one must note that the reference to the “Son of God” is whoever has been born of God[He who]…does not sin” this is no longer then in reference to the Lord Yahshua only…why?

John explains it this way…“For His [God] seed remains in him”…meaning that these are the “sons of God.” John does not stop there…he further states… he [the seed/sons of God] cannot sin…this means right now! How is it that the “Son of God” on the earth right now “cannot sin”…? Because “he has been born of God”…the only way to defeat the devil is to not fall into his trap which produces “sin” which only the Son of god has/can do.

This son…being referred to here by John the apostle…is “Christ”Head and Body…alive on the earth…today and since Pentecost following the ascension…He is growing and maturing…and again future speaking...He will destroy the works of the devil…not the devil…only his seed or offspring…in this age. I’ll leave it there for the discernment of all…though it is but a snapshot.

Tatwo...:)

• Thumbs Up 1