IGNORED

Trouble, Sorrow, Need, Sickness, Or Any Other Adversity.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,420
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Michael37 said:

There is a temptation to blame others for causing trouble and sorrow etc., but pondering my past and praying for guidance, I have realised that actually I have caused all three of those things in the list to occur at times.

I've found myself in that boat as well. I'm even in it right now, having entered some training for a potential field of work that should drastically increase my quality of life. The thing is there's a learning curve and a need to adjust thinking and habits. There's been a lot of hard knocks and disappointments on the way, most of them stemming from not following things typically considered standard practice in the field. I feel like it's best summarized by asking myself how many times I needed to bash my head against a brick wall before I learned going around it or using the door was a lot easier and more productive.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,449
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

Posted (edited)

Can we take the man Job as an example of life trials.  Job did what was right before the Lord, yet he suffered immense loss and sorrows of family and estate.  Trials would come about without notice and can be as severe as could imagine, yet cause and effect is for the believer to walk through in his own experience, that is just that, his own.   It will be left to him to do post examination of how and why and sometimes , in the beginning the question will pop up "Why me, what have I done ". 

Trials are your training ground and for affirmation of the spiritual realm spoken of in scripture e.g Ephesians 6:10.  It solidifies your faith even more, because the living reality of your trials becomes a testimony when others are going through their afflictions and also for you to stand firm when all around is falling apart. 

edit.  Doubt is one of the believer greatest enemy.  The devil uses the world and the enticement of it to sow seeds of our existence and creation.  Science has come a long way, in that we are now moving into the virtual reality world, where the believer if not been through the fire can immense succumb.  So  the sorrows and the rest, though wrenching and burdensome are ways to strengthen you when the battles are declared upon your soul,body and spirit for your soul.

Edited by warrior12
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,270
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, Michael37 said:

I've been greatly encouraged of late in the knowledge that rather than plain sailing and smooth running leading to spiritual growth, it is the disasters, disappointments, and difficulties that do.

What's your story? :thinking:

"disasters, disappointments, and difficulties"
A butterfly when still in the cocoon stage struggles to get out to fly.
If you cut the cocoon and let it out, no struggle,  it will never fly.

The struggles and difficulty push blood into the wings, growing/strengthening them.
God designed the butterfly to go through the struggles for his intended purpose.
This applies to his created people also. Growth, strength, wisdom, etc comes at a price.

God's ways are not man's ways.....default_cool2.gif.23306e4488225754a49c238840e2697e.gif

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  962
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,716
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

12 hours ago, Michael37 said:

What's your story?

My story? In a nutshell, God prevails. Doesn't matter if I get "it" or not God still prevails.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,335
  • Content Per Day:  7.11
  • Days Won:  99

12 hours ago, Michael37 said:

What's your story? :thinking:

Similar in most ways. Difficulty has been the means by which the Lord teaches me. When I was younger, it was His discipline but now, He counsels me after the fact, reminding me of lessons learned through much hardship. I'll furnish a pertinent example.

Normally, I'm silent toward all save for the Lord Himself. I use words sparingly unless He moves me to speak to another; my calling is different in focus and yet similar to your own. I usually find myself ministering to the desperate and those who have nothing left to lose. Over the years I have come to admire those whom the Lord places in my care, for their honesty and lack of pretense is encouraging. Indeed, I prefer this dangerous part of the city to locations of high real estate value. It has been my observation that comfort and plenty breed insolence and arrogance... and this is where difficulty arises, brother. 

Silence served me well for so long! By remaining silent, I controlled my tongue perfectly. Ah, but silence cannot serve as an escape route to avoid the hardship our Lord uses to for our benefit. The Lord knows how I struggle to treat those whom I perceive as pretentious or religious in the manner which I wish to be treated myself. My answer was silence and for years, this sufficed. There were other matters that the Lord focused upon. These days, the Lord bids me to break that silence and speak... in other words, I must take the risk of treating others poorly on account of my prejudices and flaws. 

Heh. Surely that last sentence sums up the learning opportunity in the Lord that breaking my silence affords. I criticize others on account of prejudices and flaws that I perceive... and I'm not oblivious to how this springs forth from my own prejudices and flaws. I'm not oblivious because after the deed is done, the Lord reveals the resounding irony of my actions and words. 

What do I say? "Lord! Why do I open my mouth or keyboard? I'm an idiot." 

No, I'm just a man... just like my brother is. Treat my brothers and sisters with the greatest care... that lesson which Christ delivered to me through the darkest of times in the desperate places. I forgot about that lesson. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,335
  • Content Per Day:  7.11
  • Days Won:  99

That's the irony of my predicament, @Vine Abider. I'm patient with those who struggle with addiction but everything changes when I find myself faced with someone who doesn't; or, someone who attends a church. I'm too comfortable in those places where I have dwelled (the gutter, or just down the street from the gutter as it were) but when I find myself outside of my comfort zone, I can be a real piece of work. I look down upon those who don't scrape and struggle to survive... or rather, those whom I perceive in such a way.

That's important to confess to you: it's all about my own perceptions, brother. Who am I to judge anyone? I'm merciful to the addict but my tongue is like a razor blade toward others who don't meet with my approval. The Lord has forgiven me of so much that the manner in which I have treated you and others recently is shameful. 

I not only need to get over myself quickly, but I must never forget that I'm here to serve others. I know what I have to do next: I must visit a church. There's one across the main road a few blocks away. Time for me to learn the lesson. I hope that I can regain your trust. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,270
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

13 hours ago, warrior12 said:

Trials are your training ground and for affirmation of the spiritual realm spoken of in scripture e.g Ephesians 6:10.

While still here on this earth, we are soldiers in the army of God.    Boot camp/infantry training regiment.

"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.

Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil.

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities,
against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms"

Ephesians 6:10-12

13 hours ago, warrior12 said:

Doubt is one of the believer greatest enemy. 

Doubts (fiery darts) vs Faith...

"Above all, taking the shield of faith,
    wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked"

Good one warrior12.....

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  483
  • Content Per Day:  4.20

Trouble, Sorrow, Need, Sickness, Or Any Other Adversity.

1. Unrealistic expectations.

2. Unreasonable demands.

3. Unbearable burdens.

My three are: People, places and things. I haven't been to an AA meeting since I was still partaking of alcoholic beverages many years ago and this is what they teach. Every problem can be categorized within these three headings.

To me trials reveal how unspiritual I am. If I can practice patience by waiting on the Eternal God to show me the way or outright bail me out as He as so often done, I manage through the ordeal. The trouble with practicing patience is that I'm always in need of some to begin applying it to my situation. When I lack, I see that I also am lacking in other fruits of the Spirit. And this is how I notice that I'm lacking in spirituality. I find that waiting upon the Lord will also humble me and surprisingly, I'm able to bear the burden of the trial.

• Thumbs Up 3