IGNORED

The Father and the Son.....what are they doing?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,200
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

I believe God is governing the universe and maintaining order. Ephesians 1:11 Jesus is spiritually supporting His followers and interceding on their behalf to the Father. Romans 8.34

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  7,948
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

@Marilyn C Hi Marylin, I was thinking about a few things and one of them is that the Nations had Gods and they could recognize them because they had status for them and they can see their Gods. 

Looking at that context I understand that the disciples had to go to these Nations to proclaimed the God they cannot see. The invisible God. The way they worship it was different, considering that we worship in Spirit and in Truth. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,093
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  5

37 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

The Father and Son and Holy Spirit are one - equal, in unity and of the same mind. In function there is a hierarchy -

Divine  Procession.

Godhead  - At the source there is the provision by the whole Godhead,

Father - with the initial movement of the Father;

Son - the administration of the Son;

Holy Spirit - and the direct agency of the Holy Spirit.

The word translate "Godhead" has no sense of plurality in it. It simply means the true essence of divinity. There is one God.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  246
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,082
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

On 5/15/2024 at 12:22 PM, Marilyn C said:

We know that at this time the Son, Jesus is on His Father`s throne. (Heb. 1: 3)

So, what is the Father doing, and what is Jesus doing? 

Please use scriptures.

If there was one thing my Christian upbringing taught me it was that God has a plan for mankind, and day by day it unfolds according to His Will.

I am also extremely thankful that Jesus currently intercedes for us, giving us access by one Spirit to the Father. (see Capsule below)

Ecc 3:11  He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men, yet they cannot fathom the work that God has done from beginning to end.

Ecc 8:17  I saw every work of God, and that a man is unable to comprehend the work that is done under the sun. Despite his efforts to search it out, he cannot find its meaning; even if the wise man claims to know, he is unable to comprehend.

Capsule: The intercession of Christ 

This refers to His role as a mediator between God and humanity. According to Christian theology, Jesus intercedes on behalf of believers, advocating for them before God. Here are some key points about Christ’s intercession:

1. High Priestly Role: In the New Testament, Jesus is often described as our High Priest. Hebrews 4:14-16 (KJV) states, “Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.”

2. Advocacy and Mediation: Jesus intercedes for believers by presenting their needs, sins, and petitions to God. Romans 8:34 (KJV) says, “Who is he that condemns? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us.”

3. Access to God: Through Christ’s intercession, believers have direct access to God. Ephesians 2:18 (KJV) explains, “For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.”

4. Unceasing Intercession: Hebrews 7:25 (KJV) assures us, “Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.”

In summary, Christ’s intercession is a profound expression of His love and grace, bridging the gap between humanity and God. 🙏🏼 [Copilot]

• This is Worthy 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  56
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

15 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

The Father and Son and Holy Spirit are one - equal, in unity and of the same mind. In function there is a hierarchy -

Divine  Procession.

Godhead  - At the source there is the provision by the whole Godhead,

Father - with the initial movement of the Father;

Son - the administration of the Son;

Holy Spirit - and the direct agency of the Holy Spirit.

I thank you for reading and considering my contribution to this topic; however, I may have erred in entering your thread.

My bible does not have such terms that you've used in responding to the scripture I'd submitted upon request.

"Hierarchy," "divine procession," "provision by the whole Godhead," "initial movement of the Father," "administration of the Son," and "direct agency of the Holy Spirit" are all terms that I have no scripture to reference in order to add to this discussion.

Thank you for allowing me to share scripture and my perspective.

• Well Said! 1

22 hours ago, Indentured Servant said:

"The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful WORD. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at (Hebrew = "in, WITH") the right hand of the Majesty in heaven."

{Jesus, the man, was granted to occupy the one throne as the Right Hand of God, the extension of God that reaches down to us visibly and physically, providing us with a two-way access to God.}

IMHO, "right hand" in this context represents position, not direction, i.e., left or right.

Acts 7:55 But he [Stephen], being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and (1) saw the glory of God, and (2) Jesus standing on the right hand of God,  56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

Stephen saw the glory of God, and tells us what that glory was, "the Son of man standing on the right hand of God." Jesus wasn't standing to the right side of God, nor upon God's right hand, He was standing in the position of supremacy, the position of all power, honor and glory. 

Why? Because in the humanity of flesh, the infinite eternal God was "justified in the spirit" having been seen by the angels."

1 Tim 3:16 - And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, [God] justified in the Spirit, [God was] seen of angels, [God] preached unto the Gentiles, [God was] believed on in the world, [God was] received up into glory.

Matt. 26:64 - Jesus said unto him, "Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall you see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven."

Matt. 28:18 - And Jesus came and spoke unto them, saying, "All power is given unto Me in heaven and in earth."

Rev. 4:11 - Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power: for Thou hast created all things, and for Thy pleasure they are and were created.

Rev. 5:13 - And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honor, and glory, and power, be unto Him that sits upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever. 12 Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honor, and glory, and blessing.

Isaiah 9:6 - For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon His shoulder: and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

The "Child born" is every bit the "Everlasting Father," just a much as He is the "Prince of Peace." He from the beginning Who was both with God, was God. 

1 Timothy 3:16 - And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

1 hour ago, BlindSeeker said:

IMHO, "right hand" in this context represents position, not direction, i.e., left or right.

Acts 7:55 But he [Stephen], being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and (1) saw the glory of God, and (2) Jesus standing on the right hand of God,  56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

Stephen saw the glory of God, and tells us what that glory was, "the Son of man standing on the right hand of God." Jesus wasn't standing to the right side of God, nor upon God's right hand, He was standing in the position of supremacy, the position of all power, honor and glory. 

Why? Because in the humanity of flesh, the infinite eternal God was "justified in the spirit" having been seen by the angels."

1 Tim 3:16 - And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, [God] justified in the Spirit, [God was] seen of angels, [God] preached unto the Gentiles, [God was] believed on in the world, [God was] received up into glory.

Matt. 26:64 - Jesus said unto him, "Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall you see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven."

Matt. 28:18 - And Jesus came and spoke unto them, saying, "All power is given unto Me in heaven and in earth."

Rev. 4:11 - Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power: for Thou hast created all things, and for Thy pleasure they are and were created.

Rev. 5:13 - And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honor, and glory, and power, be unto Him that sits upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever. 12 Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honor, and glory, and blessing.

Yes, I agree. I mentioned "right hand," because it it so commonly mentioned. I see that it can be similar to the phrase, "He's my 'right hand' man," denoting the importance of his position.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, BlindSeeker said:

Speaking of the right hand... Ehud, the left handed archer and his army of left-handed archers were all from the tribe of Benjamin, which literally means, "Son of the Right Hand." 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,314
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

7 hours ago, Indentured Servant said:

I thank you for reading and considering my contribution to this topic; however, I may have erred in entering your thread.

My bible does not have such terms that you've used in responding to the scripture I'd submitted upon request.

"Hierarchy," "divine procession," "provision by the whole Godhead," "initial movement of the Father," "administration of the Son," and "direct agency of the Holy Spirit" are all terms that I have no scripture to reference in order to add to this discussion.

Thank you for allowing me to share scripture and my perspective.

Hi I S,

I never said that God`s word used `Divine procession etc.` They help explain a concept presented in God`s word.

Just as you used the word `metaphor` which is not in God`s word, to help you explain the concept presented - Jesus on a white horse. (on another thread).

And I believe God`s word interprets its symbols and metaphors.

Jesus said, `they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with POWER and great GLORY.` (Matt. 24: 30) 

White - is from Gk. word `leukos,` meaning light, glory.

Horse - is a symbol for power and strength. (Ps. 147: 10)