abbershay

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,262
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

. . . The greatest of all Sabbaths was every fifty years. Just as six days were followed by a Sabbath day of rest, and six years were followed by a Sabbath year of rest, the seventh Sabbath year was followed by the Year of Jubilee. All debts and mortgages of every kind were canceled. Everyone returned back to the original land that was given to his fathers. . . .

Wordsower,

I am sorry I do not have time right now to fully read your submittal, but I would like you to explain what you perceive the significance of the above Sabbaths. Did they represent something that has already been attained by the believer in Christ? Or is do they signify something yet to be provided?

If already, then why do we yet hope? And "what" is it we "hope" for?

Peace,

BlindSeeker

Take the time to read through the long post, understand it and I think you will discover the answer to your question, and maybe perchance others as well.

Since this is a discussion forum, I was hoping he would just answer my questions above since he posted such a lengthy expository of another man view instead of just submitting his own.

It is therefore Wordsower's understanding I am inquiring about regarding that particular paragraph . . .

Sounds to me like you are looking more for confrontation than the truth. The answers to your question are there, and I would assume that he agrees with the author or he'd not have posted it. Me thinks you are either being lazy or avoiding the whole truth........ and yes that is just my opinion, of which each of us have.....

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,266
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/21/1954

BTW, Wordsower is a sister.... :24:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

BTW, Wordsower is a sister.... :24:

I am glad you addressed this I.R., I was about to do the same when I read the last post here and you have taken care of it.

By the way Wordsower, I liked at your site and although I haven't had a chance to read the whole thing yet, I do like what I have seen. Powerful testimony God bless you sis.

In Jesus

kevin

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  4,075
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  5

Sounds to me like you are looking more for confrontation than the truth. The answers to your question are there, and I would assume that he agrees with the author or he'd not have posted it. Me thinks you are either being lazy or avoiding the whole truth........ and yes that is just my opinion, of which each of us have.....

Confrontational? The truth of God is confrontational by its very nature. My seeking anothers convictions in regards to it is not however . . . particularly when inquiring about a particular section of a post.

Lazy? Yet, that is why I been limiting my post to simple answers and opinions and answering for other people . . .

Avoiding the "whole truth? I have never strayed from or avoided a direct question or abandoned my pursuit of truth. Shame on you.

At least you admit it is merely your opinion . . . and while yes we all have them, the value of some are significantly smaller than others.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  4,075
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  5

BTW, Wordsower is a sister.... ;)

Thank you IslandRose . . . I will try to remember that. It is hard to discern when we have screen names that are not gender specific.

Peace

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

At least you admit it is merely your opinion . . . and while yes we all have them, the value of some are significantly smaller than others.

Just out of curiosity, by your statement Above, what value do you put on your opinion?

I as well think you should read Wordsowers post.

Instead of reading it and judgeing its merit, you have focused on the point that it was copied and pasted. I agree that it is a long post, and I havent read all of it, but plan to finish reading it later today (I work swing shift and was tired when I started reading it so I read only half so far)

But from what I read, it was very good. If wordsowers views happen to agree with what this man has written. What is wrong with that?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

Hey Blindseeker,

I'm assuming you are the same Blindseeker that left a couple of years ago? If so, we have been around and around this numerous times.

I believe that since Hebrews 4 tells us that those to whom it was first preached did not believe, they have not entered the Rest that was intended from the foundation of the world. Those being the Jews, who, I believe will enter that Rest when they receive their Messiah and then will rest literally for 1000 years.

For those of us who believe, we have already entered that Rest.

I regret that my home comp. is dead, so I can't be on here like I'd like to, only at work, and I'm off for the weekend, so I'll check in before I leave today and then on Monday.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

I am glad you addressed this I.R., I was about to do the same when I read the last post here and you have taken care of it.

By the way Wordsower, I liked at your site and although I haven't had a chance to read the whole thing yet, I do like what I have seen. Powerful testimony God bless you sis.

In Jesus

kevin

Thanks Kevin! I need to update my e-mail address on there if I can remember how!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Let me get this straight. I show my faith by ignoring God's Commandments. All those in the 'Old Covenant' were lost by breaking God's Commandments. Now in the 'New Covenant' they are saved in breaking God's Commandments because all of a sudden the God who never changes doesn't care if we keep them. He writes them in our hearts, yet doesn't care if wee keep them or not. Hmmm. This sounds vaguely familiar to a conversation in the Garden of Eden:

Gen 3:1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

3:2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:

3:3 But of the fruit of the tree which [is] in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

3:4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

He said the reason He had to make a new Convenant is because the people didn't keep the 'Old Covenant' because they didn't love His law. They broke it because they didn't love His law.

Jer 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

31:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day [that] I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:

31:33 But this [shall be] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Now we need to re-write this Scripture to fit with many of the oppinions posted here. We need to change it to say that instead of writing God's laws in the heart of the 'believer, God does away with his Law and so they won't break His Covenant. So the new rendition of this Scripture would be:

31:33 But this [shall be] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will not put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts but I will do away with the law because they don't want to keep it and I will let them ignore any Scripture that talks about obedience; and will be their God, and they shall be my disobedient people.

Now we will listen in on a conversation in hell. This 'Old Covenant' person was talking with this 'New Covenant' person. Bot were lost and wound up in 'hell'. The 'Old Covenant 'person was telling of how he was there for breaking God's law, including His Holy Sabbath Day and how God would not change and relent in His punishment. Now the 'New Covenant' person responds.

He said you are wrong, God does change. After you died, God did change and did away with the law and I'm here for keeping His law, you see because I kept the law, I was fallen from grace. Now the 'Old Covenant' person responded that God was not fair. How could He deal with one group of people one way and the next, the direct opposite way. One thing they both could agree on, and that was that God was not fair and that He had lied when He said that He was no respecter of persons and that He doesn't change. How they said could man be able to depend or have faith in a God who changes His mind when He said He wouldn't.

Now a question. Who was in the hotter part of 'Hell'?

I await my condemnation,

God Bless,

Dennis

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  414
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Nice post, Pilgrim7. I just love it when things get more interesting around here.

CarolineS