abbershay

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Let us look at the Father of the faithful, Abraham.

Gen 26:4 And I will make thy seed (Isaac) to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;

26:5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

And here I've been told that God didn't have any commandments, statutes and laws before the Old Covenant was given to Israel. I wonder if Abraham thought he was earning his salvation by keep God's commandments, statutes and laws?

Susansduval,

There are many on this board who beleive that God changes his mind and His requirements for Salvation for different groups of people. Search the Scriptures and follow God and not man. For some reason some think that God made it very hard for the Jews and now makes it very easy for the Gentiles. Is God anti-semitic or something?

God Bless,

Dennis

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shiloh357
Let us look at the Father of the faithful, Abraham.

Gen 26:4 And I will make thy seed (Isaac) to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;

26:5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

And here I've been told that God didn't have any commandments, statutes and laws before the Old Covenant was given to Israel. I wonder if Abraham thought he was earning his salvation by keep God's commandments, statutes and laws?

Susansduval,

There are many on this board who beleive that God changes his mind and His requirements for Salvation for different groups of people. Search the Scriptures and follow God and not man. For some reason some think that God made it very hard for the Jews and now makes it very easy for the Gentiles. Is God anti-semitic or something?

God Bless,

Dennis

It is pretty obvious from this post that you believe that Sabbath observance is a requirement for salvation. I will be reporting this heretical trash to the moderators.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  28

To the SDA people here on the board:

Well ,this must be my saddest day in life.

I thought I was saved that Jesus raised me from the dead when He died for me.

I thought Salvation is free and through grace.

I believed this for many years but I quess I need help.....I do not worship the Lord on Saturday but practicially every day I think I'm lost what can I do to get really saved???

Is here anybody to help me to find out if I am lost or saved?

Am I still going to heaven or am I on my way to hell??

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

I believed this for many years but I quess I need help.....I do not worship the Lord on Saturday but practicially every day I think I'm lost what can I do to get really saved???

No, sadly, I'm on my way to Hell for working today! We apparently have to have the heretical teachings of Ellen G. White and her blasphemies to be saved. I guess the whole of the known Christian world, excepting the SDA's, are going to Hell in a handbasket.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  414
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

OK. I'll give you an answer. I did join the SDA church about 9 mos. ago because I want to attend a church that follows the Bible and teaches that the Ten Commandments are binding today as I believe they are God's Eternal Law. The SDA Church is not perfect, and I do not agree with every single thing they teach, but I believe they do follow the Bible closer than any other church at this time.

The Bible begins with man in the Garden of Eden and ends with man returning to the Garden (paradise). In between Genesis and Revelation is the story of man being restored to the Garden of Eden. Why was man kicked out of the Garden and how do we find our way back to God?

We know that man was kicked out of the Garden due to disobedience. If only Adam and Eve had obeyed God and not eaten the fruit from the Tree of Good and Evil. The world would be a whole different place today, if only man had obeyed. So to me, obedience is important to God.

<1 Samuel 15:22>

"So Samuel said: 'Has the Lord as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, As in obeying the voice of the Lord? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, And to heed than the fat of rams."

Jesus, Himself, tells us: "If you love me, keep my commandments." John 14:15

And,

<1John 2:4>

"Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. He who says, "I know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him."

Knowing Him means we obey Him. Biblically, it is impossible to be a true child of God while refusing to obey the commandments of God. Willful disobedience cuts off the relationship, drives away the Holy Spirit by which we are sealed, and effectively removes the individual from the position of grace. Thus, the condition of obedience which would have kept man in Eden becomes the condition for his restoration to Eden.

I know we are saved by grace through faith. Jesus made the only sacrifice needed and His blood and mercy are what cleanses us from all sin. I know I am saved by grace and works and keeping the law does not save anyone. However, it is because I am saved that I keep the law. I do not keep the law TO BE SAVED.

It's because I am first saved by grace, THEN I keep the law, obey God, do things that please him. I want to follow Chirst, not some man-made tradition. I want to obey God, not man. I want God to be the master I serve, not man.

I would suggest you study this matter further, read alot of scripture, and pray about it. Search for truth yourself. Don't follow man, or tradition. Follow Christ and truth.

In Christ,

CarolineS

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20

In other words, if I don't meet on Saturday, then I'm really not saved. I don't love Jesus as much as you do apparently.

We don't even follow the same calendar or schedule that the ancient Jews did.

Guest shiloh357
Knowing Him means we obey Him. Biblically, it is impossible to be a true child of God while refusing to obey the commandments of God. Willful disobedience cuts off the relationship, drives away the Holy Spirit by which we are sealed, and effectively removes the individual from the position of grace. Thus, the condition of obedience which would have kept man in Eden becomes the condition for his restoration to Eden.

I know we are saved by grace through faith. Jesus made the only sacrifice needed and His blood and mercy are what cleanses us from all sin. I know I am saved by grace and works and keeping the law does not save anyone. However, it is because I am saved that I keep the law. I do not keep the law TO BE SAVED.

Those two paragraphs are contradictory. You claim to believe that we are saved by faith, BUT if we don't keep the Sabbath, then it is impoissible to be a true child of God. You cannot believe both. Either you are child of God by grace through faith, or by Sabbath observance. You need to pick. You are either trusting in Christ, or trusting in the Sabbath. You cannot trust both.

Jesus wants to be Lord of all, or not Lord at all.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  28

Caroline please answer my questions:

1: This must be my saddest day in life. I found out I'm going to hell. Am I?

2: I thought I was saved that Jesus raised me from the dead when He died for me. Did He save me?

3: I thought Salvation is free and through grace. Is it?

4 : I believed this for many years but I quess I need help.....I do not worship the Lord on Saturday but practicially every day I think I'm lost what can I do to get really saved??? Am I lost?

5:Am I still going to heaven or am I on my way to hell??

The Bible begins with man in the Garden of Eden and ends with man returning to the Garden (paradise). In between Genesis and Revelation is the story of man being restored to the Garden of Eden. Why was man kicked out of the Garden and how do we find our way back to God?

Why stay in a church which does not preach the truth? We were not allowed to live in paradise bacause of sin, you got that right The O.T. predicted that Jesus would would come to earth to be born to die on the cross and forgive our sins, so we could be restored in relationship again. He did come to set the sinners free :) of course if you accept Him as your Savior.

We know that man was kicked out of the Garden due to disobedience. If only Adam and Eve had obeyed God and not eaten the fruit from the Tree of Good and Evil. The world would be a whole different place today, if only man had obeyed. So to me, obedience is important to God.

Remember He also gave us a solution to get back to Him, He gave us the biggest gift ever given and that is Salvation. If you love the Lord, you WANT to obey Him, not because you have too.

<

1 Samuel 15:22>

"So Samuel said: 'Has the Lord as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, As in obeying the voice of the Lord? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, And to heed than the fat of rams."

Jesus sacrificed His life for us what can you add to it?

Jesus, Himself, tells us: "If you love me, keep my commandments." John 14:15

If you love Jesus you WANT to keep His commentments.

<1John 2:4>

"Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. He who says, "I know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him."

What do you do to keep His commentments? Do you think you measure up?

The Holy Spirit removed us from grace? Thats very cultish teaching.

If you don't want to do what God wants you to do, you might never be born again.

So Jesus could not finish it all?

It's because I am first saved by grace, THEN I keep the law, obey God, do things that please him. I want to follow Chirst, not some man-made tradition. I want to obey God, not man. I want God to be the master I serve, not man.

How do you live in this world? Is it easy to keep yourself spotles?

In Christ,

CarolineS

Why not sign off...helping Christ, because if you are in Him, do you know what that means?

Angels

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  33
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  07/15/1959

"In other words, if I don't meet on Saturday, then I'm really not saved. I don't love Jesus as much as you do apparently."

I don't believe we are here to put each others religions down, are we? We are here to discuss and express our beliefs and opinions.

I am not an SDA but I have attended the church many times. The church I went to never taught any such thing as what you said above. Quite the opposite. They believe all who accept Jesus as their savior will have eternal life, just as it states in the Bible. Also in their defense, they are some of the most kind, loving, and happy people I have ever met.

They do teach and live by alot of "The Old Testament" from what I saw and heard. (that is their freedom) Please correct me if I'm wrong. I am simply stating what I have seen and heard while attending their church. They have beliefs that I thought later to be and little extreme (why I chose not to become a member) like not wearing jewelry and not watching tv but that's a whole other subject!

We all have the freedom of religion here in this great country of ours, thats hugely what makes it so great. Being a new believer I have alot to learn and read, that is why I joined this board. I come here with questions and hope that through people like you and the scriptures I can learn to be a better Christian and do what's right in the eyes God.

When I became a believer this was one of the most difficult discisions i had, Saturday or Sunday? I honestly still don't know!

I thank God for his Grace because whatever anyone chooses we are in His Grace as long as we believe!

Guest shiloh357
"In other words, if I don't meet on Saturday, then I'm really not saved. I don't love Jesus as much as you do apparently."

I don't believe we are here to put each others religions down, are we? We are here to discuss and express our beliefs and opinions.

susanaduval,

As has been stated already, this board is a ministry. It is not a sounding board for anyone to say and propagate whatver doctrine they wish.

It is up to us to confront resist, and correct false doctrines and teachings. We are not hear to affirm or validate false teachings as valid opinions as if they exist on an equal field with true biblical doctrines. Apotheinen Kerdos' remarks were not out of line, but a correct assessement of the heretical garbage being spewed on this thread.