• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Jewish Sabbath???

Let's see, does it say here that God sanctified the day for the Jews?

Gen 2:1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.

2:2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

2:3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

Now lets look at the words of Jesus who was the creator and the one who blessed the Sabbath Day. Surely He knows why He made the Sabbath Day Holy.

Mk 2:27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man(kind), and not man for the sabbath:

2:28 Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.

Question? Why didn't Jesus, who created the Holy Sabbath right after He created mankind, know that it was that old, hated Jewish Sabbath. Why didn't He say that He created it only for the Jews? What a perfect occasion for Jesus to make it clear that He didn't care about that old Jewish Sabbath that He made holy for all mankind?

Why does God call it His Holy Sabbath Day? Doesn't He know that it was only the Sabbath of the Jews?

Exo 31:13 Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily MY SABBATHS ye shall keep: for it [is] a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that [ye] may know that I [am] the LORD that doth sanctify you.

And people accuse me of ignoring Scripture? Remember the Scriptures are the Word of God and can't be broken.

God bless,

Dennis

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

I am closing this thread pending a review of its content.