• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  295
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/26/1932

I see no problem with it. You're not concerned about being attacked by demons in the mosk are you? Remember "Greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world". A building is a building. It should be interesting to learn about what the enemy (Satan not Muslums) is up to. With that knowledge you'll be better equipped to fight him.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

Well, Paul went to Mars Hill and used their pagan altars as a witnessing tool.

:emot-highfive:

Cover up out of respect. Christians are called not to be abrasive and demand our rights or avoid those that are lost...instead we are to bring them to Christ through respect and submission.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  12/05/1976

Well this could be seen as yes and no.

Yes becouse this is the U.S and you are an americain not to metion the fact the you most likely don't fallow with islam so this could be concidderd ofencive.

No becouse if you do go covering youre self in this manner would be a symbol of respect the the islamic ppl who do go there way of life.

The choice is up to you and yores of course but in the end it is all probly up to how you feel about it

I dont think it would be a problem. We as Christians are to have respect for others. In covering your head its not like you are agreeing with their religion. I work with majority of muslims and i still love Jesus with all my heart. Mary wore a head covering. In other countries its mandatory for women to cover themselves anywhere they go. Heck even alot of Catholic nuns still cover themselves. My advise would be to pray about it and see how the Holy Spirit convicts your heart. Maybe this is just one trip you may not feel confortable taking but it could give you good insite into how other religions are and more able you to have dialogue with non belivers.

Sincerely

bblgrl

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,254
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I know that this title could imply many things, however, this is once again, a question that has sprung up from my comparitives religion class. On Dec 15, my comparative religions class(high school) is taking a trip down to D.C.(MD, USA) to visit a hindu temple, the National Cathedral, and the Islamic Center. On the permission slip given out today, the following statement was written on the side. "Females must cover head, arms, and legs at the Islamic center." Does this seem wrong to anybody else?

Are you following the teaching of Islam, or following the rules of the shool. I see nothing wrong with following the school regulations that do not cross the teachings of Jesus. There are things that you could be asked to do in the hindu temple that you might not want to do, but dressing modestly for the customs of the Islamic center seems ok to me. I think I'd offer my coat to someone coming to church in a bikini, so it would not be a surprise if someone handed you a burka if you show up in a short dress or worse.

Considering the problems we have in our society today with all the sexuality, it might not be a bad idea to give some serious thought to the request in general.

• Topic Count:  490
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  02/25/1990

Honestly, I feel "stuck in a rut"...

I talked to one of my friends in the youth group who went on a missions trip to Thailand(this was with old youth pastor). SHe said she thought the trip would be a great idea. They did have to wear some clothing in the Thai temple, but nothing on their head. She said she would have to ask her dad(he is the Pastor of the Church). I asked my youth pastor today and he said that he wouldn't allow his daughters to go on the trip to see a bunch of cults. I asked him why, out of curiosity, and he asked "Would it be right for a Christian to go into a bar?".

My mom, on the other hand, goes with the idea of sexism. She was almost forced to go to Saudi Arabia and would have been instructed to wear the garment on her head(becaues of the military, she couldnt' anyways). My mom has these really strong feelings against the fact that the females have to do this and the men don't.

I have been looking forward to this trip for so long. More than anything, I am stuck between my old youth pastor and my new youth pastor. My old youth pastor went with the youth group into a THai temple and had to put on a little apparel. My new youth pastor wouldnt' go or allow his children to go.

Pray.. as has been said.. seems to be the only answer... The Lord will lead, I guess, in the way that He sees fit.

Thankyou so much...

However, I am still open for any advice or opinions on this matter. Thankyou.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

"Would it be right for a Christian to go into a bar?".

Depends.

Is it wrong for a Christian to go into a bar in order to witness to a friend who was hanging out there?

What is your reason for going to this temple?

And would wearing a scarf over your head violate any principles?

Of course, you don't want to be disrespectful of your parents, either.

So, here is the guiding question - when you seriously consider going versus not going, with which do you feel the most peace?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  54
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

The question should really be: Should a Christian go into a mosque to begin with?

Yes, of course Christians should go into mosques. How can you ever witness to someone if you can't relate to them?

Christians should go into bars too. Not to get hammered and go home with a stranger, but to bring light into dark places. How much darkness does it take to put out a candle??

Maybe that's just me, but I'm not the type of Christian to hide behind my Bible and only leave the house for food and to go to Church. It feels like living with one's head in the sand.