• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  126
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Hi

I am writing because we moved in the early part of this year to our lovely home and we have had it blessed through- twice.

Last night my husband couldnt sleep because he felt a dark presence in the room and he prayed and read the Bible at it until it went. It took a hour.

I want to ask- should we have the house blessed again?

Why do these things keep coming in? (There was one in my sons room that left in the last house blessing, witnessed by others in the house group)

Please pray about this and post so I can talk about it with my husband.

Jenni

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

My instincts were piqued by your use of the phrase "house group." Is there someone there besides family? Is someone in this "house group" perhaps dabbling in some occult practice which keeps inviting that dark presence back?

As far as having your home blessed, I do not see how it could hurt. However, there is no reason you cannot do it yourselves as believing Christians. I am a Priest in the Charismatic Episcopal Church, and we try to emphasize the 'Priesthood of all Believers.' Please take your anointing oil (if you don't have any, then any oil you have will do--the fact YOU set it aside for the specific use as anointing oil MAKES it anointing oil), and PRAYERFULLY anoint every person in the home, every door frame and every window frame. I make the sign of the cross with the oil, but that is not something required; God knows your meaning.

I assure you, you will be knocking down the gates of hell!

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

On top of what Leonard said,

I would like to add that you have teh authority to cast he demon(s) out of your house.

You don't need anything fancy. Just speak authority: "The Lord Jesus rebuke you - get out in His name!"

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

Hi

I am writing because we moved in the early part of this year to our lovely home and we have had it blessed through- twice.

Last night my husband couldnt sleep because he felt a dark presence in the room and he prayed and read the Bible at it until it went. It took a hour.

I want to ask- should we have the house blessed again?

Why do these things keep coming in? (There was one in my sons room that left in the last house blessing, witnessed by others in the house group)

Please pray about this and post so I can talk about it with my husband.

Jenni

RE: "witnessed by others..."

What did you witness?

Peace,

Fiosh

HI it is hard to describe but it was a dark shape like an icey cloud.

I think it was hovering in the room.

My husband and son kept having bad dreams about this particular room so when praying we gave it particular attention.

What ever it was it brushed passed me and another person and several people had the feeling of a "pressence" leaving the room.

Thanks a lot for the tip about the oil.

i am going to give it a go with the family.

We were very much sent here by the Lord and it had been a real struggle to move here. I guess the enemy doesnt like it when we go where the Lord wants us.

jenni

As a christian you have authority, you just need to say 'I rebuke you in the name of Jesus Christ, you have no authority here get out.' I also say I am a child of God and you cannot touch me. You don't need anything fancy to get evil spirits out of your house, you already have authority you just need to use it, by all means get angry, shout ect. Don't be afraid for God in you is greater then anything of the devil. God bless.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,173
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

There is a chance that you may have special evil in the house and just a simple blessing may not take care of the problem long term.

019Then the disciples came to Jesus privately and said, "Why could we not cast it out?" 20And He said to them, "Because of the littleness of your faith; for truly I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you shall say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it shall move; and nothing shall be impossible to you. 21["But this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting."]

NASB

There are different levels of demonic evil, and if you have one of these in your house, it will take a bit of work to rid yourself of it.

Secondly, make sure that no one there is doing things like playing with wedgie boards or anything like that.... not even for fun.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

And I agree with nebula and avvie. Luke 10:19.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  3,663

HI it is hard to describe but it was a dark shape like an icey cloud.

I think it was hovering in the room.

My husband and son kept having bad dreams about this particular room so when praying we gave it particular attention.

What ever it was it brushed passed me and another person and several people had the feeling of a "pressence" leaving the room.

Thanks a lot for the tip about the oil.

i am going to give it a go with the family.

We were very much sent here by the Lord and it had been a real struggle to move here. I guess the enemy doesnt like it when we go where the Lord wants us.

jenni

Creepy! It is certainly true that the more we do God's will, the more the enemy tries to push us back.

I agree with "other one". Although we certainly have the power of God available to us, we do not always avail ourselves to it. If the Apostles were unable to exorcise a spirit, it obviously is not always a simple matter. If it persists you may need to seek further help from your Church.

btw.....What's a "house group" ?

Peace,

Fiosh

HOuse group is a group of Christians who meet in homes, normally once during the week.

This is where we think church happens mostly and it is a "coming together" to worship and have big sermon input on sundays.

Most of the application stuff and personal ministry happens in house groups.

We go to one for young adults and it is great.

We get lots of in depth study and discussion goin and it is brilliant. I really want to go each week which has to be a good thing.

We have had a go with the door posts and things seem to be better again. I happened to find out the people who lived here before the people we bought from were not Christians and had similar experiences so there is definately something happening.

If things happen again I think we will need the wheel in the more experienced church people to properly get rid of whatever it was for good.

Hopefully things will be ok now though.

Thanks for all the input.