• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  225
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/07/1980

I have a hard time witnessing to people because I am so shy, believe me I love Yeshua more than anything, and I truly want to share the good news with others, I just don't know how to get the ball rolling. I have never been good at conversation outside of people I know. Looking back on my Christian walk I see many instances where I could have led someone to the L-rd, but I didn't and I regret it dearly. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to correctly witness?? Anything would help a lot. Thanks, Shalom

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I have the same problem.

Then when I do have the courage to speak up, I make such a messout of it that I wonder if I would have been better keeping my mouth shut.

I eventually learned that not all are called to be evangelists. Obviously, that fits me!

That's just to say, don't beat yourself up too much over this.

Francis of Assissi said something like, "Witness always; when necessary, use words."

Remember that your life testifies more than your preaching. :emot-questioned:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,166
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

Blessings aaronjm,

This is a situation that many Christians struggle with. I agree with Nebula that your life can speak volumes to others about your faith and can open the door for quiet witnessing. Here are some ideas that I use that may help you.

1 First always pray ask the Holy Spirit to give the Words that you should say and to let you know when to say them and when to just quietly pray for their salvation.Our church prays regularly for lists of people in the phone book many unknown to us.

2 Find ways to show that you are Christian for example have your Bible with you and read it on breaks from school or work,while waiting at the dr's office or garage while your car is being fixed etc. Opening your Bible and reading publicly sometimes creates an opportunity for dialogue as well as blessing you. I also do things like give Christmas cards and cookies to neighbors and coworkers with a salvation tract on it. (any occasion to share gifts I add a tract to the present). I wear shirts with scripture on them and while doing daily chores like shopping I try to find opportunities to be exceeding helpful or cheerful to those strangers around me (return carts from parking lot, let a person go before me in line, tell the cashier may the Lord bless you today. etc)

3.Ask the Lord how and where to use your talents to be His hands and feet. Do you like to drive? Perhaps a neighbor in your area can not and by offering a monthly or more trip to the store you would have a chance. Do you sing or play an instrument? Nursing homes, or homes for the handicap are usually very receptive to any kind of hymn singing service. Are you blessed financially? Give to those ministries that support evangelist world wide or near you. Like to write? Prison Fellowship offers opportunities as well as Voice of the Martyrs and many others. Feel drawn to the sick? You can go with your pastor and be a prayer partner with him while he witnesses to those who are ill. Hope these ideas have given you some.

4.Be assured that the Lord will show you ways to be a light for Him. :emot-questioned:

Love your sister in Christ,

Rebekah David

P.S. I always pray that He covers my mistakes too when I have missed an opportunity or have not been as eloquent as I would have liked to been. Do not let condemnation from the past take root. :emot-pray:

wow, that helps a lot, thank you both :emot-questioned:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

aaronjm,

I understand the problem, for I was painfully shy to the point of being afraid of people. Praise God that He is able to change us. This is the essence of the Gospel that we are to share.

What I found is that when I gave myself to God, He gave himself to me and His Spirit came to dwell in me through faith. You see faith is no just believing doctrines. It is believing you are a "new Creation", that 'Old Things are passed away' and 'all things have become new'.

When I truly realized this and fully believed it, the 'shy old man' died and the power of the Holy Spirit gave me a boldness for God. You see when you really 'believe' that thy 'Shy man/woman' is dead, God supplies the fact and creates a 'new creation', one out of whose inner man 'flows rivers of living water'. This doesn't mean you need to be loud and obtrusive, but quite and sure.

You see real faith changes us into 'soldiers for Christ', but as others have stated, witness is more that just doctrinal truth, but the sure testimony of a Godly life.

I'll share what God showed me about my shyness. He showed me that I was preoccupied with myself, what people thought of me, and how I was perceived. Self, self, self. I was preoccupied with my self. When I gave up my life to Christ, self was crucified, no need to think about self anymore, now all was occupied with Christ. When you are occupied with Christ, He will naturally flow from you without any effort or planning on what to say.

God bless and keep you,

Dennis

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I have a hard time witnessing to people because I am so shy, believe me I love Yeshua more than anything, and I truly want to share the good news with others, I just don't know how to get the ball rolling. I have never been good at conversation outside of people I know. Looking back on my Christian walk I see many instances where I could have led someone to the L-rd, but I didn't and I regret it dearly. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to correctly witness?? Anything would help a lot. Thanks, Shalom

You might try here:

http://www.livingwaters.com/

I completely changed when I accepted Christ years ago, but the shyness is still there. In no way am I ashamed of my G-d, I just worry that if I start talking about Yeshua, it will do more harm than good. I dont care whatsoever what people think about me in that aspect, I will proclaim my faith from rooftops, I just have troubles in getting the conversation going. I do my best to live a godly life, I fall short, but that is my human weakness.... I will look at that site you provided, and try bringing my Bible out with me in public. Thanks you guys.

Edited by aaronjm