• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  47
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/15/1990

Hello. I'm wondering what you all think of this. Last November my church went to a thanksgiving inter-faith worship service. At the time this concerned me greatly. First I didn't see how it was possible to have christians, muslims, and orthodox jews worship together (all the same words, prayers, message, ect.). Second reason I was concerned was that this service was put on by an organization trying to bring all people who believe in God under one banner (basically scream to the world 'we are all the same!') and where any type of 'attempt to convert those of other religions' is prohibited (no witnessing about Jesus). Third how did it bring glory to God? Where did the Bible say to do this?

Well I took my concerns to one of my pastors. Before I say anything else this pastor knows Jesus and has a very strong and deep relationship with him. This is the only thing about her faith that has ever concerned me. In her reply (via email) she said things like "We are ALL God's children, regardless of by what name we call Him or how we practice our faith. That is not to say that all faiths are equally true. But that all people believe their way is the only true way and God tells us to treat one another as equals." ". Christians will be worshipping God (in the person of Jesus), just as Jews and Muslims will worship God. Our terminology might be different, but our heart positions before God will be the same." "They are not worshipping a different God

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the pastor is misguided, and in turn is guiding others astray from the gospel. you won't change her mind, or any other pastor's mind, i'm afraid. they bow to political correctness. is finding another church an option?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,801
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

I think it's very important. There is a huge difference between calling God- the One true God written of in the Holy Bible- "God" in any particular language and calling another god "God." Since Jesus is God... if a particular religion denies the deity of Christ and salvation through Him and only Him, how can they be worshipping the same God?

Who do they say Jesus is? The Christ, the Son of the living God? (Matthew 16:13-16) Or do they preach another jesus? (2 Corinthians 11:3-4)

Everyone is a creation of God, but not everyone is a child of God.

But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name,

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  961
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Hello. I'm wondering what you all think of this. Last November my church went to a thanksgiving inter-faith worship service. At the time this concerned me greatly. First I didn't see how it was possible to have christians, muslims, and orthodox jews worship together (all the same words, prayers, message, ect.). Second reason I was concerned was that this service was put on by an organization trying to bring all people who believe in God under one banner (basically scream to the world 'we are all the same!') and where any type of 'attempt to convert those of other religions' is prohibited (no witnessing about Jesus). Third how did it bring glory to God? Where did the Bible say to do this?

Well I took my concerns to one of my pastors. Before I say anything else this pastor knows Jesus and has a very strong and deep relationship with him. This is the only thing about her faith that has ever concerned me. In her reply (via email) she said things like "We are ALL God's children, regardless of by what name we call Him or how we practice our faith. That is not to say that all faiths are equally true. But that all people believe their way is the only true way and God tells us to treat one another as equals." ". Christians will be worshipping God (in the person of Jesus), just as Jews and Muslims will worship God. Our terminology might be different, but our heart positions before God will be the same." "They are not worshipping a different God

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  961
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

I would also agree that women shouldn't be Pastors, but of course I am Catholic and women will never be ordained Priest within the Catholic Church. There is a reason why Jesus had all men as his apostles. It wasn't because men are any better than women, but for what ever reason Jesus put men in this role. This is something we will have to ask Jesus once in heaven.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  300
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

I'd give one last effort with the pastor- present him with the passages where Jesus says he is the only way. Only through him.

One example is matt11:27. If he no longer agrees with these passages, he shouldnt be pastoring a church.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  2,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

Christians will be worshipping God (in the person of Jesus), just as Jews and Muslims will worship God. Our terminology might be different, but our heart positions before God will be the same."

Wow! This shows a major major flaw in her understanding of the Bible.A true Christian should know better than that!I agree with Pax..dont stick around.

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

Seriously, Jesus meant every word He said ! HE is the Truth, The Way and the LIFE! (Light is Him, not new age church babble) and there is no other way!

I sincerely hope you look for a Bible teaching church !

If you do or do not have the conversation with this pastor, I hope you are already looking for a church that is in Jesus. If it is not founded in JEsus, what is she pastor of anyway? Not LIFE in Christ!

NO WAY they are all worshipping the same god.

There is One GOd and One Faith and One Hope IN JEsus Christ.

(agree on men pastors also)

God hates all other gods being worshipped before Him, that includes the ancient moon god of the Islamics ancestors, who was one of the many false gods they worshipped, so now they worship the moon god as the only god, once they worshipped him as the greatest of their gods. That is certainly NOT GOD of the bible not the Father of Christ, infact they preach their allah had no son....and he didn't ! But, God the Father did! This pastor says things that fly in the face of sound CHristian teaching and Biblical evidence. I would run from there with out looking back! -no if and or buts to it! Certainly the Jewish fatith needed the Saviour or He would not have died for all men also. He said; you believe in theFather , believe also in me. For who has the Son has the Father.

Does it seem to you to folow the SON or this pastor who hath not the Son? What will GOd expect of you? What are you waiting for?

There is a way that seems right unto a man, but the ends there of are death.

It is only GOds way.

Elkie

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  191
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  09/25/1972

Good job Katie K I wish more people had the gumshin to take a stand for the truth as you have in this case. The letter to the congergations in Revalations is another way you can show how some were talerating sects or false worship to mixed with the true Christian teachings it might be good to show her these as well.

Keep standing for the truth Katie :noidea: