• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

If I were you I would dump them, as long as they are in your possession they will a temptation. Ignore the advice that some say that it is okay, because it's not okay. If you can't take the word of the Holy Spirit today, tomorrow may be too late. Don't give the adversary a foot hold by keeping his trash in your house that you ask God to bless.

respecfully,

eric.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

If you throw them away, they may not be in your possession but the same films are still available in the stores. If you trade them in someone will by them but the creators will not profit from it. So instead of someone buying a new copy and giving money to the creators of the smut, they buy the used copy and hollywood loses a couple of bucks.

How are the Beatles any better than black sabath? :whistling:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  145
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  07/23/1973

DOK. I say KEEP 'EM!! KEEP MOST OF 'EM ALL!!! I had the very blessed experience, and continued experience of seeing the wheat among the chaffe. Even a movie with the title 'SIN CITY has good lessons in it. Despite the graphic content. It has stories about loyalty, honor, keeping the truth about things, and love. I see G-d, HIS commandments, and ideas of general goodness in 99.8% of the movies I own. I see it like this. We are called to make diciples of ALL nations. And in doing so I think we sometimes lose sight of some of the lesser things like just being good to one another. And fellowshipping. Look at the Spanish Inquisition and the Crusades. People so intent upon converting people to Christ. They went to evil extremes. And if you pray, and look hard enough. I think you will find G-d's voice on some level. I admit some movies/TV shows are smut for the sake of smut. And I do not watch them. I never saw a complete episode of Sex in the City for example. But I am sure that there is a redeeming quality in there somewhere.

And plus these movies are part of who you are. And knowing them and seeing G-d, IN EVEN THE SMALLEST detail, can help you reach others.

STAR WARS, STAR TREK, THE SOUND OF MUSIC, MARY POPPINS, SIN CITY, THE MATRIX, JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR, and many others. They remind me of Philipians 1:3. I thank G_d upon each remembrance of these. And Phil 4:8 too. I admit there are movies and tv shows out there with NO redeeming qualities. And those I would get rid of ASAP.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,166
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

Dear Daughter,

1. since it was brought to your attention that they were wrong ( the Holy Spirit via your conscious)

2. obey and get rid of them (obedience is our love offering) :whistling:

Just my humble opinion.

love your sister in Christ,

Rebekah David

Guest Slightly_Deranged

This is a little different, but not really. I had collections of antique guns, swords, and several types of artifacts. 25-30 years I collected and put away. It came to my attention, as it has yours, they had to go. Of all the things i got rid of(sold them very cheap), there are a few pieces i kinda think i should have kept(yeah, right!) reminds me of Lots wife looking back as they fled, and being turned to stone. Wishing you had some things back defeats the whole purpose of getting rid of them, doesn't it?

• Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

If you throw them away, they may not be in your possession but the same films are still available in the stores. If you trade them in someone will by them but the creators will not profit from it. So instead of someone buying a new copy and giving money to the creators of the smut, they buy the used copy and hollywood loses a couple of bucks.

How are the Beatles any better than black sabath? :D

Actually now with the popularity of trading in used CD's, many of the larger chains (from what I've heard) are giving the record companies a share of the profit of the sale of used CD's; I would imagine DVD's are the same way.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

If I were you I would dump them, as long as they are in your possession they will a temptation. Ignore the advice that some say that it is okay, because it's not okay. If you can't take the word of the Holy Spirit today, tomorrow may be too late. Don't give the adversary a foot hold by keeping his trash in your house that you ask God to bless.

respecfully,

eric.

Totally agree!

:D

If you are looking for justification to hold on to the ways of death I'm sure you can come up with one.

If you want to prepare the way of the Lord you will do otherwise.

It's your decision.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Is tossing them really going to make a difference? I am sure that there are many more copies out there! The point is that you need to get rid of their influence on you. Trade them in, burn them, or sell them... but get rid of them.

Jennifer

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Philippians 4:8

Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.