• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  102
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/26/1961

I agree with several of the posters here. I don't think it matters to God if we pray outloud or not, as long as we pray.

Usually, when I praise God through prayer, I try to do it outloud so the devil can hear it! :whistling:

Blessings, kamusat

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

The Lord knows our hearts. He knows our needs before we pray. Why wouldnt He hear silent prayers as much as spoken prayers? I tend to pray silently anyway. I know He hears my prayers.

You know, I don't think I've ever thought about this topic before. I pretty much always pray silently, unless I'm in a group prayer meeting, praying for a meal or I'm in severe spiritual warfare where I am needing to call on God aloud and audibly say the name of Jesus. I'd rather keep my prayers between me and God just between me and God. I don't think Satan can read my thoughts, but I suppose his demons can hear my words. Sometimes they need to hear them, but most of the time they are private, between me and my Lord, like the private words between a husband and a wife. I don't invite others into my private conversations with my husband, and I don't invite others into my private conversations with God.

I guess I don't think about this, because I'm just continually in an attitude of prayer. I talk with the Lord silently like I talk audibly to someone who is there in the room with me. It's just like we're together all day, so when something comes to my mind, I talk with him about it. I don't think about entering into a specific time of prayer, we just talk. He talks to me the same way. I don't hear him out loud. He is in my heart and in my mind, so I respond in like manner. We have some pretty good chats, actually. We have some quite candid conversations. He's my father, my savior and my very best friend.

Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. Romans 8:26