• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Luke these words were yours :wub:

People have the gift of healing and heal. People have the gift of discernment and discern etc.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  2

Hello Luke,

Why do people look for more then what is in the Bible, are Gods promises not enough? Do we need people to tell us what is going to happen to us?

Why not just go by the bible and don't add to it. Do you think God is pleased if we get more exited when we hear people prophecy over us instead of going by the word of God?

*sigh*

Prophecy being spoken over people, it seems, is nothing more than a Christian form of 1-800-PSYCHIC. For one, there is no gift of "seer." A seer is something ascribed to the occult, a person who has a natural ability to forsee the future or uses potions to aquire this ability. God never uses "seers." Prophets also do not gain forsight based upon their ability; the forsight is given to them by God and it is for His purpose...they are to tell people what they saw and give a warning of how to avoid it.

My advice is that this was a false prophecy meant to stir emotions and give you hope for a future that probably won't occur. These "prophecies" always leave the erson with this happy feeling of, "Wow, God is going to give me this!" Notice how there are never any negative prophecies....which is absurd when we realize that 90% of the prophecies of the Bible are all negative.

Hello angels,

You ask "Why do people look for more than what is in the Bible....Are Gods promises not enough?

Yet you then ask in regards to people having the gift of healing and heal (and people who have the gift of discernment)...

"People do?

Where in the Bible did you read that?"

How can you accuse people of looking for more than what is in the Bible when you don't know what's in the bible yourself?

To which angels4u replied:

Felix:

Yet you then ask in regards to people having the gift of healing and heal (and people who have the gift of discernment)...

"People do?

Where in the Bible did you read that?"

Those words were not my words.

and later replied:

Luke these words were yours :)

People have the gift of healing and heal. People have the gift of discernment and discern etc.

But felix wasn't saying that "People have the gift of healing and heal. People have the gift of discernment and discern etc." were your words, angels. Felix was saying that "People do? Where in the Bible did you read that?" were your words - which they were. Felix was pointing out that you seem to be denying that the gifts of healing and discernment are in the Bible, when they are in the Bible (as I quoted earlier, in post #21 of this thread):

1Co 12:4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.

1Co 12:5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.

1Co 12:6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.

1Co 12:7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

1Co 12:8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

1Co 12:9 To another faith by the same Spirit;
to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

1Co 12:10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy;
to another discerning of spirits;
to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

1Co 12:11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

Please note the bolded parts of these verses.

Felix's point, as I see it, is that you said we were not to look outside the Bible, yet discernment and gifts of healing, as well as gifts of prophecy, are all plainly in the Bible.

Respectfully,

Guest suzian_1

OFF THE POINT A LITTLE-----IS it not at all possible for someone who has a gift of seeing the future is not at all from god but from a more powerfull existance? for example the craft which i have been studing into... it seems that there is more than two sides to every story!it seems that churches ministers and preachers today only tell about "god and satan"...wat about the others there is many andmore than two sides so wat if you are a seer it may not be from god but from somewhere more powerfull?

is that not somethng to consider?

It is still a faulty interpretation of what is occuring. They render all of Samuel's powers unto himself, meaning they believe in the occultic definition of a seer. i looked through that site and wouldn't trust their teaching no matter what. It simply is not biblically based (they're modern mystics). Furthermore, this man is relying on a concordance. That simply is not adequate enough. Granted, I am no expert in Hebrew and certainly need help on it many times (self-taught, which I do not advocate...I need actual classes)...I can tell you right now that the passage I looked at is refering to someone who percieves things, NOT someone who forsees the future.

1Sa 9:9 (Beforetime in Israel, when a man went to enquire of God, thus he spake, Come, and let us go to the seer: for he that is now called a Prophet was beforetime called a Seer.)

This verse seems to me to be saying that a prophet and a seer are the same thing; only the terminology changed.

1Sa 3:20 And all Israel from Dan even to Beersheba knew that Samuel was established to be a prophet of the LORD.

Here, Samuel is called a prophet, while here:

1Sa 9:19 And Samuel answered Saul, and said, I am the seer: go up before me unto the high place; for ye shall eat with me to day, and to morrow I will let thee go, and will tell thee all that is in thine heart.

1Sa 9:20 And as for thine asses that were lost three days ago, set not thy mind on them; for they are found. And on whom is all the desire of Israel? Is it not on thee, and on all thy father's house?

Samuel uses the term 'seer' of himself. He also is able to state that Saul's father's missing animals had been found. How could he know that in the natural?

Finally,

Sa 10:1 Then Samuel took a vial of oil, and poured it upon his head, and kissed him, and said, Is it not because the LORD hath anointed thee to be captain over his inheritance?

1Sa 10:2 When thou art departed from me to day, then thou shalt find two men by Rachel's sepulchre in the border of Benjamin at Zelzah; and they will say unto thee, The asses which thou wentest to seek are found: and, lo, thy father hath left the care of the asses, and sorroweth for you, saying, What shall I do for my son?

1Sa 10:3 Then shalt thou go on forward from thence, and thou shalt come to the plain of Tabor, and there shall meet thee three men going up to God to Bethel, one carrying three kids, and another carrying three loaves of bread, and another carrying a bottle of wine:

1Sa 10:4 And they will salute thee, and give thee two loaves of bread; which thou shalt receive of their hands.

1Sa 10:5 After that thou shalt come to the hill of God, where is the garrison of the Philistines: and it shall come to pass, when thou art come thither to the city, that thou shalt meet a company of prophets coming down from the high place with a psaltery, and a tabret, and a pipe, and a harp, before them; and they shall prophesy:

1Sa 10:6 And the Spirit of the LORD will come upon thee, and thou shalt prophesy with them, and shalt be turned into another man.

1Sa 10:7 And let it be, when these signs are come unto thee, that thou do as occasion serve thee; for God is with thee.

1Sa 10:8 And thou shalt go down before me to Gilgal; and, behold, I will come down unto thee, to offer burnt offerings, and to sacrifice sacrifices of peace offerings: seven days shalt thou tarry, till I come to thee, and shew thee what thou shalt do.

1Sa 10:9 And it was so, that when he had turned his back to go from Samuel, God gave him another heart: and all those signs came to pass that day.

Samuel the 'seer' predicted the future to Saul, and it all came to pass. Is this not what a prophet does? Seems to me that the two terms are interchangeable.

Now, I will agree that not everyone who calls themselves a prophet or a seer is a man (or for that matter, woman) of the LORD. There were many in the Bible who were false prophets, and many nowadays as well.

Having said all that, my usual advice to anyone who is given a 'word from the LORD' is to test the spirits, according to 1 John 4.

Samuel the 'seer' predicted the future to Saul, and it all came to pass. Is this not what a prophet does? Seems to me that the two terms are interchangeable.

they are not interchangeable.

a Prophet is one who speaks for God to the people. Most prophets were not also seers.

Many of the prophets of the Bible spoke God word concerning future events but they represent a very small number of prophets in the history of Israel.

Most seers were not prophets either. They were usually the "false prophets" prophecying a vision of prosperity when the lone (true) prophet had issued a warning from God.

The desire to look into one's future is conjuring by a medium. Witchcraft.

The desire to know God's will is not dependant upon seeing into the future.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/30/1980

Ahhh, being a seer. Well, there is a gift of prophecy and the office of a Prophet. There IS a difference. A seer typically (in OT terms) is speaking of the office instead of the gift. This office is something that has been truly missunderstood this day and hour. A true Prophet of God is much different than people think. A Prophet is not a pastor, not a teacher, not a missionary. A Prophet is mainly used of God as an instroment of His will, and whatever is nessisary for His will to be accomplished is what the Prophet must do/go through.

I had the privlage of meeting a Prophet once. Not one of those people who proclame to be one, but one who has been proven to be one over time. He NEVER said he was a Prophet, but he had an authority and weight to his words that I will never forget.

If you are called into this ministry, it requires a complete dedication to a level of relationship with God that most people will never experence on this earth. This relationship comes at a price.

It's all about relationship. To serve the King in His cort you must be prepared to live by His beck and call, forsakeing all for the sake of His will.

Every Christian wants to serve God like this, but only a very few ever get there. Pray much. Fast much. Read the Word. If the Lord has truly called you into this life and office He will teach you directly.

Be Blessed!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

a Prophet is one who speaks for God to the people. Most prophets were not also seers.

Many of the prophets of the Bible spoke God word concerning future events but they represent a very small number of prophets in the history of Israel.

Most seers were not prophets either. They were usually the "false prophets" prophecying a vision of prosperity when the lone (true) prophet had issued a warning from God.

Actually, dictionary.com says that they ARE interchangeable.

seer ( P ) Pronunciation Key (s

Well, a Prophetic word can come in two ways: foretelling or forthtelling. Both are Biblical, but forthtelling is more frequent. Why? It is not our future (foretelling) that is our biggest need. It is in our present (forthtelling) that we need the most communication from God. Waling through life with Christ takes care of the future, but it's the now that we have problems with most.

Edited by abm

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  2

Out of curiosity, I did a concordance search for the word 'seer.' It appears in the KJV 22 times, in 20 verses. Here is the exhaustive list:

1Sa 9:9 (Beforetime in Israel, when a man went to enquire of God, thus he spake, Come, and let us go to the
seer
: for he that is now called a Prophet was beforetime called a
Seer
.)

1Sa 9:11 And as they went up the hill to the city, they found young maidens going out to draw water, and said unto them, Is the
seer
here?

1Sa 9:18 Then Saul drew near to Samuel in the gate, and said, Tell me, I pray thee, where the
seer
's house is.

1Sa 9:19 And Samuel answered Saul, and said, I am the
seer
: go up before me unto the high place; for ye shall eat with me to day, and to morrow I will let thee go, and will tell thee all that is in thine heart.

1Ch 9:22 All these which were chosen to be porters in the gates were two hundred and twelve. These were reckoned by their genealogy in their villages, whom David and Samuel the
seer
did ordain in their set office.

1Ch 26:28 And all that Samuel the
seer
, and Saul the son of Kish, and Abner the son of Ner, and Joab the son of Zeruiah, had dedicated; and whosoever had dedicated any thing, it was under the hand of Shelomith, and of his brethren.

1Ch 29:29 Now the acts of David the king, first and last, behold, they are written in the book of Samuel the
seer
, and in the book of Nathan the prophet, and in the book of Gad the
seer

All of the above uses of the word 'seer' refer to Samuel. Can he be accused of being a false prophet?

The final verse in the above set also calls Gad a 'seer.' Here are the other times Gad is called 'seer':

2Ch 29:25 And he set the Levites in the house of the LORD with cymbals, with psalteries, and with harps, according to the commandment of David, and of Gad the king's
seer
, and Nathan the prophet: for so was the commandment of the LORD by his prophets.

2Sa 24:11 For when David was up in the morning, the word of the LORD came unto the prophet Gad, David's
seer
, saying,

2Sa 24:12 Go and say unto David, Thus saith the LORD, I offer thee three things; choose thee one of them, that I may do it unto thee.

1Ch 21:9 And the LORD spake unto Gad, David's
seer
, saying,

1Ch 21:10 Go and tell David, saying, Thus saith the LORD, I offer thee three things: choose thee one of them, that I may do it unto thee.

1Ch 21:11 So Gad came to David, and said unto him, Thus saith the LORD, Choose thee

1Ch 21:12 Either three years' famine; or three months to be destroyed before thy foes, while that the sword of thine enemies overtaketh thee; or else three days the sword of the LORD, even the pestilence, in the land, and the angel of the LORD destroying throughout all the coasts of Israel. Now therefore advise thyself what word I shall bring again to him that sent me.

The latter two passages refer to the same incident, so I only quoted one of the passages at length. This is where David had called for a census of the people, and Gad came and rebuked him for it, giving the king his choice of how God would punish him. Is Gad a false prophet?

Some other 'seers' associated with King David:

2Sa 15:27 The king said also unto Zadok the priest, Art not thou a
seer
? return into the city in peace, and your two sons with you, Ahimaaz thy son, and Jonathan the son of Abiathar.

Zadok and Abiathar were the priests. Later, Abiathar was deposed, ended the line of High Priests from the line of Eli. After that, the High Priests came from the line of Zadok. Was Zadok a false prophet?

1Ch 25:5 All these were the sons of Heman the king's
seer
in the words of God, to lift up the horn. And God gave to Heman fourteen sons and three daughters.

2Ch 29:30 Moreover Hezekiah the king and the princes commanded the Levites to sing praise unto the LORD with the words of David, and of Asaph the
seer
. And they sang praises with gladness, and they bowed their heads and worshipped.

2Ch 35:15 And the singers the sons of Asaph were in their place, according to the commandment of David, and Asaph, and Heman, and Jeduthun the king's
seer
; and the porters waited at every gate; they might not depart from their service; for their brethren the Levites prepared for them.

All three of these men are mentioned in dedications in the Book of Psalms. Were they false prophets?

Some later 'seers':

2Ch 9:29 Now the rest of the acts of Solomon, first and last, are they not written in the book of Nathan the prophet, and in the prophecy of Ahijah the Shilonite, and in the visions of Iddo the
seer
against Jeroboam the son of Nebat?

2Ch 12:15 Now the acts of Rehoboam, first and last, are they not written in the book of Shemaiah the prophet, and of Iddo the
seer
concerning genealogies? And there were wars between Rehoboam and Jeroboam continually.

Iddo is also mentioned here:

2Ch 13:22 And the rest of the acts of Abijah, and his ways, and his sayings, are written in the story of the prophet Iddo.

As far as I know, Iddo's writings did not survive. However, we do know that Jeroboam the son of Nebat, against whom Iddo had visions (see 2Ch 9:29 above), was a wicked king. Was Iddo a false prophet?

2Ch 16:7 And at that time Hanani the
seer
came to Asa king of Judah, and said unto him, Because thou hast relied on the king of Syria, and not relied on the LORD thy God, therefore is the host of the king of Syria escaped out of thine hand.

2Ch 16:8 Were not the Ethiopians and the Lubims a huge host, with very many chariots and horsemen? yet, because thou didst rely on the LORD, he delivered them into thine hand.

2Ch 16:9 For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him. Herein thou hast done foolishly: therefore from henceforth thou shalt have wars.

2Ch 16:10 Then Asa was wroth with the
seer
, and put him in a prison house; for he was in a rage with him because of this thing. And Asa oppressed some of the people the same time.

Was Hanani a false prophet?

2Ch 19:2 And Jehu the son of Hanani the
seer
went out to meet him, and said to king Jehoshaphat, Shouldest thou help the ungodly, and love them that hate the LORD? therefore is wrath upon thee from before the LORD.

How about Jehu? False prophet?

And finally:

Amo 7:12 Also Amaziah said unto Amos, O thou
seer
, go, flee thee away into the land of Judah, and there eat bread, and prophesy there:

Amo 7:13 But prophesy not again any more at Bethel: for it is the king's chapel, and it is the king's court.

Amo 7:14 Then answered Amos, and said to Amaziah, I was no prophet, neither was I a prophet's son; but I was an herdman, and a gatherer of sycomore fruit:

Amo 7:15 And the LORD took me as I followed the flock, and the LORD said unto me, Go, prophesy unto my people Israel.

Interestingly, Amos claims neither the title of 'seer' or 'prophet.' He gets tagged as 'seer' as an insult. Hmm. At any rate - false prophet?

In conclusion, while the word 'seer' may have a bad or occultic reputation now, to claim that 'seers' in the Bible 'were usually the "false prophets" prophecying a vision of prosperity when the lone (true) prophet had issued a warning from God' just does not hold water.

Respectfully,

In conclusion, while the word 'seer' may have a bad or occultic reputation now, to claim that 'seers' in the Bible 'were usually the "false prophets" prophecying a vision of prosperity when the lone (true) prophet had issued a warning from God' just does not hold water.

Good word!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.87

OFF THE POINT A LITTLE-----IS it not at all possible for someone who has a gift of seeing the future is not at all from god but from a more powerfull existance? for example the craft which i have been studing into... it seems that there is more than two sides to every story!it seems that churches ministers and preachers today only tell about "god and satan"...wat about the others there is many andmore than two sides so wat if you are a seer it may not be from god but from somewhere more powerfull?

is that not somethng to consider?

If that is true, then we have nothing...... and that would also include those that are not Christian as well, for they have nothing now.....

there is nothing, no one, no body stronger, more powerful, more passionate, more understanding, more knowledgible more wise, moreanything then God..... spoken God All Mighty...... that says it all....

meaning there is nothing above Him....

so there is nothing more to consider.....

for we can not even fathom, comprehend, the magnatude of God as it is..... how could we possibly comprehend anything greater then Him>>

mike