• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

CFS, I was there three weeks ago and it was not a pretty sight..... *praying for a quicker than me recovery*

The way I see the US, whether we are any part of Babylon or not doesn't bother me too much, for I don't see any Bible prophesy that bodes well for us in the US. If we are not part of the beast-antichrist-babylon things we don't seem to be anywhere and that is not good either.

A song comes to mind...... "One Day at a Time"

I've looked at what I see going on in the backrgound of world politics and it isn't pretty and we in the US don't look any better off outside the Bible than in.......... Just about everyone I know has that feeling that we are on the brink of major things going wrong here........ we wait on the Lord.

Sam

Sam,

I agree! Time is short for the USA. The important thing to remember is that whatever happens, it is all part of God's plan. If we are still here, then God has a purpose for us.

My brain is still pretty sluggish, but I can understand simple things like this, so thanks for keeping it simple! :thumbsup: I can't talk - no voice - I feel like a druggie - taking about 5 different things, I think. But, it seems to be working.

And yet another theory:

Who's the Beast

Razberry,

I'll have to read that when I'm functioning closer to 100% again - thanks for sharing it!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,262
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

CFS, I was there three weeks ago and it was not a pretty sight..... *praying for a quicker than me recovery*

The way I see the US, whether we are any part of Babylon or not doesn't bother me too much, for I don't see any Bible prophesy that bodes well for us in the US. If we are not part of the beast-antichrist-babylon things we don't seem to be anywhere and that is not good either.

A song comes to mind...... "One Day at a Time"

I've looked at what I see going on in the backrgound of world politics and it isn't pretty and we in the US don't look any better off outside the Bible than in.......... Just about everyone I know has that feeling that we are on the brink of major things going wrong here........ we wait on the Lord.

Sam

Sam,

I agree! Time is short for the USA. The important thing to remember is that whatever happens, it is all part of God's plan. If we are still here, then God has a purpose for us.

My brain is still pretty sluggish, but I can understand simple things like this, so thanks for keeping it simple! :thumbsup: I can't talk - no voice - I feel like a druggie - taking about 5 different things, I think. But, it seems to be working.

I took three different antibotics to finally kill it all out for me..... I got an infection like that about 3 years ago when we were on vactation and by the time I got to the doctor I really thought I'd die before it was over..... Taking allergy and asthma stuff with 5 different antibotics before it was over.... and then there was that tussenix stuff with codene to slow down the coffing. I was a total basket case for a month.

Sam

I took three different antibotics to finally kill it all out for me..... I got an infection like that about 3 years ago when we were on vactation and by the time I got to the doctor I really thought I'd die before it was over..... Taking allergy and asthma stuff with 5 different antibotics before it was over.... and then there was that tussenix stuff with codene to slow down the coffing. I was a total basket case for a month.

Sam

Sam,

That sounds like the same stuff me and my husband are on - yes, he's sick, too. I could not take the Tussenix stuff, though, because it made me really out of it, gave me a headache and made me feel like I wanted to toss my cookies. I'm allergic to codeine, so if it has codeine in it, that is why I couldn't take it. The other stuff is helping, though. I know what you mean about being a basket case for a month, because I've been sick that long. I went to the doc in Feb, but it was not my regular doc, and all he did for me was to put me on Nasacort. Now, I'm on an antibiotic with the other stuff you mentioned. I expect to be better in no time.

Thanks for consoling with me! :thumbsup:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

No need to wonder or guess at the identity of 'Mystery Babylon'. The Angel told John how to identify it and He told us. The essence of literal Babylon was that it was a 'religious kingdom' raised up by Nimrod in rebellion to God and His kingdom. Nimrod was the first ruler of Baylon and claimed to be an incarnation or representative of God on the earth or the 'Sun God'. 'Mystery Babylon' is a 'christianized version of ancient Babylon, with most of the teachings of Babylon in a 'Christian form'. It has a leader who claims to be the 'representative of God' on earth and has the power to forgive sins.

Rev 17:7 . And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns. (here God says that it is a woman, representing a church, riding on a beast which represents a political power or nation)

17:8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is. (This political/religious power existed at the time of John and would lose power and then be restored to power.)

17:9 And here [is] the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth. (Those with wisdom can understand that this woman, church, dwells in the city of seven hills, also on all seven continents.)

17:10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, [and] the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space. (Here the angel specifically tells us that this kingdom is in existence at the time that John wrote. In fact this kingdom had already had 5 kings who were emperors and who were worshiped as God thus making it 'mystery Babylon. The Angel tells John that there was the 6th king ruling then, and that there would be a 7th. The 1st emperor of Rome to be worshiped as a God was Julius Caesar, who was also high priest, 'Pontifex Maximus', of Roman Paganism. The other four who followed him were, Augustus, Tiberius, Caligula and Claudius. Nero was the 6th or reigning Emperor at the time John wrote Revelation. These all claimed to be God and required to be worshiped as God. This 6th king who was then ruling, sets the Pagan Roman Empire as the beast and part of 'Mystery Babylon'.

17:11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition. (Here the angel takes us to the transformation of the Pagan Roman Empire to the 'Holy Roman Empire'. Pagan Rome ceased to exist and the woman, the great whore, a 'Christianized form of Babylon' took control of the beast, Rome, when Justinian handed over control of the Empire to the Church and thus the resultant Holy Roman Empire and the 'dark ages' where the true christians were hunted and persecuted as heretics.)

17:12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast. (Rome was divided into ten kingdoms after the sacking of Rome by the Goths and vandals. They were not in existence yet when John wrote.)

17:13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast. (These nations gave the Holy Roman empire their power and allegiance. The Roman Churched ruled these kingdoms.)

17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him [are] called, and chosen, and faithful. (These kingdoms formed the Holy Roman Empire and persecuted and burned the faithful followers of Christ)

17:15 And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues. (This religious/political power controled the world.)

17:16 And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire. (These kingdoms turned on the church and eventually stripped her of her power.)

17:17 For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled. (God has allowed this 'falling away' and it has served its purpose to demonstrate the conflict between God and Satan, His church and Babylon and good and evil.)

17:18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth. (There has been only one religious/ political power, only one city, that has ruled over the kings of the earth since the time of Christ, and that is Rome.)

Yet the United States has a part to play in the whole scenario, for she causes the whole earth to worship the first beast, or 'Mystery Babylon' and to take the 'mark of the Beast', 'Mystery Babylon'.

God bless,

Dennis

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,075
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  5

Rev. 13:11,12 seems to clearly imply to me that there is "another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb" who seems to be both peaceful and for peace, but really speaks "as a dragon," would "exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him." That convinces me that the first beast mentioned in chapter 13 is a literal country (America) governed by a literal leader, (presidential office) the second beast. Rev. 17 is the clarification chapter which tells us that the first beast MENTIONED in Rev. 13:1 is really the 8th and final beast headed for perdition.

Still some more points that have persuaded me . . .

I feel America is the 8th is because America "the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird." The rise of sorcery, wicca, false cults, blatant immorality, hate groups, etc. . . .

Also, while some have claimed the Catholic Church was the beast, she cannot meet the full criteria of the beasts. The Catholic Church may be part of the Woman which rides the beast, maybe, but it is not the beast itself. For one, the Catholic Church has been a hoarder wealth, but not distributer of it. Where, or when, could we apply to the Catholic Church how "the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies?" Or "Alas, alas, that great city, wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness!?"

Or how would one apply to the Vatican "Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all. And the voice of harpers, and musicians, and of pipers, and trumpeters, shall be heard no more at all in thee; and no craftsman, of whatsoever craft he be, shall be found any more in thee; and the sound of a millstone shall be heard no more at all in thee; And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived."

"Sorceries" here I believe are to imply witchcraft/as perhaps the manipulation of men's wills. So . . . "For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD." 1Sam. 15:23 Certainly America has not embrace God's word and submitted herself to Him.

Still, other things that have help to strongly persuade me are, first, our history and our involvement/circumstances which ushered in the rise of America's might, the rebirth of Israel and ultimately the events that led up to the ending of WW2.

I admit, I only casually researched this for years, but I was surprised when I ran across The Frank Report, June 11, 1945. It is a "Memorandum on Political and Social Problems of the Bomb by scientists at the Metallurgical Laboratory of the University of Chicago, Manhattan Project" This was a letter was that written to President Truman, who inherited the "Project" after Pres. Roosevelt died, around 3

Open letter from Leo Szilard petitioning the other scientists who work on the Manhattan Project to recognize and to warn the President of the United States of the moral implications of the use of Atomic Weaponry against Japan.

• Dear ........

Inclosed is the text of a petition which will be submitted to the President of the United States. As you will see, this petition is based on purely moral considerations. It may very well be that the decision of the President whether or not to use atomic bombs in the war against Japan will largely be based on considerations of expediency. On the basis of expediency, many arguments could be put forward both for and against our use of atomic bombs against Japan. Such arguments could be considered only within the framework of a thorough analysis of the situation which will face the United States after this war and it was felt that no useful purpose would be served by considering arguments of expediency in a short petition. However small the chance might be that our petition may influence the course of events, I personally feel that it would be a matter of importance if a large number of scientists who have worked in this field went clearly and unmistakably on record as to their opposition on moral grounds to the use of these bombs in the present phase of the war. Many of us are inclined to say that individual Germans share the guilt for the acts which Germany committed during this war because they did not raise their voices in protest against these acts. Their defense that their protest would have been of no avail hardly seems acceptable even though these Germans could not have protests without running risks to life and liberty. We are in a position to raise our voices without incurring any such risks even though we might incur the displeasure of some of those who are at present in charge of controlling the work on "atomic power". The fact that the people of the people of the United States are unaware of the choice which faces us increases our responsibility in this matter since those who have worked on "atomic power" represent a sample of the population and they alone are in a position to form an opinion and declare their stand. Anyone who might wish to go on record by signing the petition ought to have an opportunity to do so and, therefore, it would be appreciated if you could give every member of your group an opportunity for signing.

Leo Szilard

P.S.-- Anyone who wants to sign the petition ought to sign both attached copies and ought to read not only the petition but also this covering letter.

Believe Rev 13:10

Sam

Sam,

That sounds like the same stuff me and my husband are on - yes, he's sick, too. I could not take the Tussenix stuff, though, because it made me really out of it, gave me a headache and made me feel like I wanted to toss my cookies. I'm allergic to codeine, so if it has codeine in it, that is why I couldn't take it. The other stuff is helping, though. I know what you mean about being a basket case for a month, because I've been sick that long. I went to the doc in Feb, but it was not my regular doc, and all he did for me was to put me on Nasacort. Now, I'm on an antibiotic with the other stuff you mentioned. I expect to be better in no time.

Thanks for consoling with me! :)

Try getting some Sambucol and some Lobelia Tincture . . . they work.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Well, if America is the beast, then the answer to the question:

"Who is like unto the beast? Who is able to make war with him?"

is . . .

Osama Bin Ladin.

I feel America is the 8th is because America "the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird." The rise of sorcery, wicca, false cults, blatant immorality, hate groups, etc. . . .

And why doesn't Europe fulfill the bill?

They fell into blatant immorality a few decades before America.