• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/08/1964

In answer to copper scroll's question . can a person kick the demons out on their own?

Well I can only answer that with a quote from Jesus Himself. Luke.10:19 Behold I have given you the authority to tread upon serpents and scorpions and over all the power of the enemy of the earth and nothing will do you any harm. (text from memory )

Yes but that is the authority given to Spirit filled believers - not the oppressed and unbelieving. I can tell you from personal experience that you can't kick them out by your own power and effort. No matter how much you want them to go and leave you.

By your own power you cannot, but you can get rid of them in the Name of Jesus Christ.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest grace like rain

I cant agree with you more. Thats what the bible said and thats what it ment.

I beleave any one in the name of Jesus Christ can fight off demons.

Fighting off sickness is somthing different. The person that is sick has

to have faith in order to be healed

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  01/09/1985

I beleave any one in the name of Jesus Christ can fight off demons.

By your own power you cannot, but you can get rid of them in the Name of Jesus Christ.

Yes I know that full well, what I am saying though is that the demon possessed person can't cast demons out of themselves. Believe me, I've been there.

Someone being filled with the Holy Ghost and casting out demons in the name of Jesus - yes.

Someone not being filled with the Spirit but using the name of Jesus - Look what happened to those men in Acts; the demons taunted them and then beat them up, making them flee! It is only through the Holy Spirit's power do we have the right to use that authority in the name of Jesus.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

exactly. abiquailwc. in verse 17 of the same chapter of Luke, It says that the seventy returned with joy,saying,, Lord even the demons are subjject to us in your name.

So if a believer is having a seizure or is suffering from depression, any other believer should have the authority to call on the name of Jesus to rebuke that disorder. Right? Okay if nothing happens, it is a fairly clear indication (to me at any rate) that demons aren't the causes of the malady.

I'll probably get the rasberry over this, but here goes anyway. We all know satan's capabilities and power and that his main purpose is to usurp the sovereignty and authority of the almighty God and take over the ruling of the world. So I don't see how causing some individual to have a seizure or a bad dream is going to help his cause much, except maybe to draw our attention to the fact thay he is still around. For instance, I'm not a bible student or scholar with any hope in the world of changing the status quo...ah but the leaders of our churches and governments are and that to my mind is the target of satan and his followers. You dont win a battle by picking of a few stragglers, you infiltrate and get to those at the top. The neutral (unbelivers) aren't woth worrying about. After the battle they will join up with the winners.

I like to have a little waffle now and again.

eric.

Guest grace like rain

I do not beleave if we are posessed, we are able to take the demons out

by our selves but by the people that are praying over us and rebuking

the demons in jesus name. I do beleave how ever that we are able to rebuke

the demons that inject bad thaughts in to our heads. Like when we get angry

for no reason. We would say, In the name of Jesus Christ I command you demons of

anger and I rebuke you, stay away from me.These are not my thaughts but yours.

There are all sorts of different kinds of demons out there That inject bad thaughts

into our mind that are not our own. I have used this alot and it does work.

If you ever have the time you need to read( He came to set the captives free).

By Rebecka Brown.