• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/30/1980

If you liked the previous post's information I strongly suggest visiting: http://www.av1611.org/kjv/kjveasy.html

-abm

Edited by abm

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

2Ti 2:17 And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus;

Hmm not sure what that means in KJV speak.

2Ti 2:17 and their talk will spread like gangrene. Among them are Hymenaeus and Philetus,

Ok now I understand, in NASB.

2Ti 2:17 And their word will eate as doth a canker: of whom is Hymeneus and Philetus.

And this is the original 1611 KJV. Which none of you kjv people really use.

Rom 12:9 Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

Another kjv speak I dont get.

Rom 12:9 Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil; cling to what is good.

Ok now I get it, in NASB.

Rom 12:9 Let loue bee without dissimulation: abhorre that which is euill, cleaue to that which is good.

The 1611 KJV that the kjv only people never use.

Im just not as good as you all are I guess. I need to have the other translations in order to understand.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  490
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  02/25/1990

"Sith the noise of the bruit of this school hath reached to thee-ward, we trust that our concourse liketh you well-particularly those who blaze abroad that there is error here. Whoso setteth thee against us-whoso saith we offend all-speaketh leasing. We be not affrighted, but withal, we are straightened in our bowels. We knoweth well that what thou wilst hear straightway wilt fast close up thy thoughts. With some we be abjects, some have defied us; but there has been no daysman betwixt us. They subvert the simple!"

The above paragraph are words taken straight from the KJV Bible from the following passages:

Ez. 35:6; Jer. 10:22; 1 Sam. 19:4; Prov. 1:21; Esther 8:8; Mk. 1:45; Prov. 25:14; Jas. 3:2, Psa. 4:2; Lk. 24:37; Acts 25:27; 1 Tim. 5:13; 2 Cor. 6:12; Mt. 4:20; Gen. 20:18; Psa. 35:15; Num. 23:8; Job 9:33; Gen. 31:37; Lam. 3:36; Prov. 14:15.

Huh??? Is that a "verse" compiled of all these various verses? I don't understand...

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  16
  • Birthday:  01/30/1980

2Ti 2:17 And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus;

Im just not as good as you all are I guess. I need to have the other translations in order to understand.

Easy to read, and accurate translation can be two different things, depending on what verse you happen to be looking at. EVERY translation has hard verses to understand, and in EVERY translation the translators made the best possible approximation to the Hebrew or Greek behind it. Pointing out two or three hard verses is easy to do from any translation.

The best thing about the KJV is that it has been around long enough that the errors in translation (man's attempt to understand God's Word) are well documented, which is not so for any new version out there. It will be decades before a new version has had enough scrutiny to make it reliable.

When it comes to God's Word, in which pivots our entire faith, I would rather use something that has stood the test of time.

Edited by abm

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Easy to read, and accurate translation can be two different things, depending on what verse you happen to be looking at. EVERY translation has hard verses to understand, and in EVERY translation the translators made the best possible approximation to the Hebrew or Greek behind it. Pointing out two or three hard verses is easy to do from any translation.

The best thing about the KJV is that it has been around long enough that the errors in translation (man's attempt to understand God's Word) are well documented, which is not so for any new version out there. It will be decades before a new version has had enough scrutiny to make it reliable.When it comes to God's Word, in which pivots our entire faith, I would rather use something that has stood the test of time.

It isn't just two or three words. Put plain and simple, the KJV can be hard to understand! When it says that Paul had trouble kicking against the pricks, I never had an idea what that meant! As a matter of fact I was always taught that was a dirty word! The same for the verse in the KJV about every male child that "pisseth" against the wall! As far as the "scrutiny" thing, what a laugh! Time does not have one thing to do with scrutiny, lol! We are quite adept at pointing out errors in heretical version such as the NWT of the Jehovah's Witness-that didn't take "decades" to do, now did it? Why can't you and other KJV'ers accept the fact that some of us, even those of us with high IQ's, have trouble with a dead language. And as for the person you're criticizing, I know Ayin Jade quite well, ty. She has demonstrated much fruit of the Spirit here, is a very fair chat moderator, and I know that what she is saying is the truth. I do not wish to say you're uncredible, but at only a handful of posts, I know nothing of you at all.

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

It isn't just two or three words. Put plain and simple, the KJV can be hard to understand! When it says that Paul had trouble kicking against the pricks, I never had an idea what that meant! As a matter of fact I was always taught that was a dirty word! The same for the verse in the KJV about every male child that "pisseth" against the wall! As far as the "scrutiny" thing, what a laugh! Time does not have one thing to do with scrutiny, lol! We are quite adept at pointing out errors in heretical version such as the NWT of the Jehovah's Witness-that didn't take "decades" to do, now did it? Why can't you and other KJV'ers accept the fact that some of us, even those of us with high IQ's, have trouble with a dead language. And as for the person you're criticizing, I know Ayin Jade quite well, ty. She has demonstrated much fruit of the Spirit here, is a very fair chat moderator, and I know that what she is saying is the truth. I do not wish to say you're uncredible, but at only a handful of posts, I know nothing of you at all.

Ronald, I read something here which I did not know was in the Bible, can you guess what it is? :)

Is that really in the Bible??????

I don't even want that kind of languange in my house! :noidea:

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Kitty, I have a hard enough time trying to figure out what God says in His word. I want it in as simple english as possible so I dont make any mistake. Therefore, for me, I prefer something other than the KJV.

I feel the same give me something in easier reading English and I get more out of it!

Would a certain Bible make one holier?? :noidea:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  30

This is not really meant for debate.. and I know just about everyone is tired of the discussinos about the various bibles.. but what is so hard to understand about the KJV... I keep being told it is in old english.. but yet, I knwo the bible is written at a 7th grade reading level, and a second grade comprehension level.. I also know my God is not the author of confusion. Furthermore, I know a nine year who can read the KJV and understand it.. actually.. I know a seven year old(children I babysit).. I know there are folks young and old who can understand it just well....

What is so hard about the KJV?

"All have sinned and come short of the glory of God"

"For the wages(payment) of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord"

"But God commendeth his love towards us, that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us"

"Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved"

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me"

"Jesus said unto them, i am the way the truth and the life, no man cometh unto the Father but by me"

"Thou shalt not steal" "Thou shalt not kill" "Thou shalt not commit adultery"

"Depart from me, ye that work iniquity, I never knew you"

What makes the KJV so hard to understand? I keep reading verses and they make sense..

Could someone possibly explain this to me?

Edited by delivered

• Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

This is not really meant for debate.. and I know just about everyone is tired of the discussinos about the various bibles.. but what is so hard to understand about the KJV... I keep being told it is in old english.. but yet, I knwo the bible is written at a 7th grade reading level, and a second grade comprehension level.. I also know my God is not the author of confusion. Furthermore, I know a nine year who can read the KJV and understand it.. actually.. I know a seven year old(children I babysit).. I know there are folks young and old who can understand it just well....

"For the wages(payment) of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord"

"But God commendeth his love towards us, that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us"

"Jesus said unto them, i am the way the truth and the life, no man cometh unto the Father but by me"

What makes the KJV so hard to understand? I keep reading verses and they make sense..

there's nothing hard to read about it. Its just excuses people use to explain why they don't read their Bible.

I've been reading it since I was like 5 or 6 and never had much trouble.

Okay, I have no problem reading the KJV, but I found that a little rude. Some people simply do not have the same reading/comprehension level. And, as I said in my first post, even if they DO have that level in modern english, it says nothing for their reading level in the type of English used in the KJV.

Ronald, I read something here which I did not know was in the Bible, can you guess what it is? :noidea:

Is that really in the Bible??????

I don't even want that kind of languange in my house! :emot-questioned:

*laugh* would you let your kids read books or watch movies where you see a guy get run through with a sword and he's so obese that the fat swallows the sword completely? That happens in the Bible! (Judges ch. 3)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  885
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  05/23/1986

there's nothing hard to read about it. Its just excuses people use to explain why they don't read their Bible.

I've been reading it since I was like 5 or 6 and never had much trouble.

It is not an excuse Im making up to justify not reading the bible. It isnt easy for me to read. I prefer other translations so that I can understand what Im reading.

Whysoblind...as much as I respect your opinon, that comment was rude and unfair.

I don't read the KJV, I much prefer The Good News. Like Ayin Jade, I prefer a translation that I can understand. And it is nothing to do with my intelligence (or lack thereof!). English is, and always has been, my best subject. My reading level throughout school was constantly at least 2 years above my age. I'm not trying to sound arrogant here, I'm just making the point that some people comprehend things more than other people.

For instance, I really don't get maths at all but my brother, for instance, gets it so easily without any kind of effort. I don't think that means I'm stupid or that I'm making up an excuse not to do maths, I just really don't understand a lot of it. It's the same with the KJV. I'm not just using my lack of comprehension as an excuse to not read the bible becuase, quite simply, I DO read the Bible! I'd much rather use a version that doesn't confuse me!