• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I have presented and you have presented. Christ is the one who gives the revelation. So i pray if it is something that I am not seeing that my eyes be opened. And likewise for you brother. But look at what you are saying. Your body is perishable, if Christ dwelled in your flesh then you would not die. Christ dwells in our intermost part; our spirit. In our flesh dwells death, in our spirit dwells Life. We can't contact God with our flesh, for flesh and blood will not inherit the kingdom of heaven. Why cant we contact God thru the flesh, because it is corrupt. This current body you have there is no good in it. But once again you can accept it or not. I pray God grants us grace that we may come more into His realities.

Hold it - let's go back.

This discusion veered off-topic over the Judas text discovery.

It was mentioned that this document is one of the Gnostic gospels, which have been debunked by the Chruch at large. We are explaining why Gnostics have it wrong.

So, are you challenging this? I'm confused? :whistling:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20
  • Days Won:  0

Ironic Ruck....if the physical world is evil, then why are you using a computer?

I desire proper theology not backed by ancient Gnostic beliefs of stating that the body is somehow evil. It, as well as our spirit, is fallen. Though it is not perfect, is it not to be denied. The flesh is to be redeemed as well as our spirit. I seek fellowship, but only under proper theology.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  06/05/1981

I am a little hesitant about joining this debate, but I would like to offer an analogy. Consider a stone. Just a plain old rock lying on the ground. Is it evil? Of course not. It's not good or evil. It's just a rock. Now, suppose that rock was picked up and used to hurt someone. Does it suddenly become evil? No. It's still just a rock. A THING can't be evil or good, whether it is a body or a plant or word...evil is found only in intentions and motives, not in things.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

I pray God grants us grace that we may come more into His realities.

Amen brother. :whistling:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

One last Scripture...

When Job was seaking a Mediator between him and God and subsequently discovered that he has a Redeemer, which happened to be one in the same, he stated:

"As for me, I know that my Redeemer lives,

And at the last He will take His stand on the earth.

"Even after my skin is destroyed,

Yet from my flesh I shall see God;

"Whom I myself shall behold,

And whom my eyes will see and not another.

My heart faints within me!"

Job 19:25-27

Praise God! Thank you Jesus!

Rom 7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

Rom 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

These are words from our brother Paul. I will leave at that.

He's responding to his ethical nature, not his ontological nature. Look at it in the context, he is not refering to his ontological body but his ethical man.

Guest shiloh357
Rom 7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

Rom 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

Well, "body of this death" is a Hebraism. It is not referring to physical body as a simiplistic face value reading might suggest. Paul was not complaining about his physical body anywhere else in the chapter. It was not his body that was the problem. This is an expression that refers to the carnal, corrupt principles in our human nature. It was those things that led to spiritual death and condemnation that Paul is wanting delieverance from, NOT his physical body.

Well, "body of this death" is a Hebraism. It is not referring to physical body as a simiplistic face value reading might suggest. Paul was not complaining about his physical body anywhere else in the chapter. It was not his body that was the problem. This is an expression that refers to the carnal, corrupt principles in our human nature. It was those things that led to spiritual death and condemnation that Paul is wanting delieverance from, NOT his physical body.

wow, we might as well combine our posts :whistling:

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Just an observation,

When Adam screwed up in the garden, It was his soul that satan latched onto not his body or his flesh.

It's man's soul that is currupt not his flesh. A man is a tripartite being with a body soul and spirit. A man's body and flesh can be riddled with leprocy, but his soul can still belong to the Lord.

Wow I'm so slow that AK and Shiloh have both posted ahead of me.