• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  191
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  629
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/29/1970

This week has been very stressfull for me. I've stated a new project that's going very well. Last night I was really stressing over a new problem that had occur and I kept reminding myself that Jesus is in control of everything. For me bedtime is at eight, but at quarter to twelve I was still up telling myself that Jesus is in control. You know those moments when you can't see how things are going to work out and yet you know that Jesus is working it out, but you still don't feel at ease.

Any last night I was running this problem through my head for what seemed like a million times when I heard someone knocking on my front door and calling my name. At first I ignored it thinking that the person would realize what time it was and go away, but they kept knocking so I looked out the window and there was no one there. I laid back in bed and I don't know why, but I said is it you Lord. I laid there for another few moments, remembering that in the past I spend so much time sitting out there just talking with Him. Me, the stars and God. So peaceful. I got up and went to stand out side looking up at the sky and I just started talking to Him. As I talked the less stressfull I felt. When I went to bed that night I looked at the clock and thought I would never get up on time in the morning. I said a prayer that God would wake me up so that I wouldn't be late.

This morning I had the strangest dream. I saw myself laying in bed and as I watched a hand came down from the sky and touched me. The moment it touched me I woke up. 7:27am. I woke up a few moments before my usual time.

I always knew that God woke us up everymorning, but I never imagined that He actually reached down from heaven and touched us each morning. He's amazing to me. Absolutely amazing.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

thats awesome! i so wanna reach the point were i can talk to Him for hours on end. it seems like a lovely thing to have happen :whistling:

i have been blessed, though, to have Him act in a way that u described at the end. the year i finished high school i got a job at a coffee shop downtown (1 hr away by bus + train) and i had to wake up extra early to make it. i would pray every night before i went to bed for God to wake me up. i worked there for a year and every time i asked Him to wake me up He would! i would wake up with a smile and thank Him :laugh:

isnt it amazing .... the little things He does for us :wub:

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

"Fresh Oil"

When I wake up

in the mornings

And I see the Light

Oh it makes me feel alright

Just knowing you are there

Lord knowing that your there (chorus)

(chorus)

Oh it's like fresh oil

Running down over me

As I get down on my knees

In your prescence So Sweet

Oh it's like fresh oil

It's like fresh oil

Oh your gentle spirit Lord

Always strentgthening what's weak

Filling me with your joy

making all the difference in the world

Oh I'm so glad Lord

That you are always there (chorus)

Oh Lord I remember quite well

The times you weren't around

All I could see were dark clouds

Hanging all around

No hope could be found

Till I turned my eyes up to you (chorus)

Just a song of mine. what was being said had reminded me of it so I got it out and dusted it off so I could share it with ya'll since you shared with us the beautiful hand of God in what you have said God bless

Openly Curious

Guest zerro

Ive had times where I would be up late, and some would be knocking on my door. It happens quite frequent. Never had a dream quite like that though. Do you think maybe what you are experinceing could be the same thing as me?

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

I've heard knocking as well and I've learned over the years to say who is it before I open my hearts door because sometimes it is the enemy trying to get in. But not always sometimes it is the Lord himself wanting to come in and sup with us that why I've learn to ask who it is when I hear the knocking for the one doing the knocking has to identify themselves and if it is the theif (satan) he is stopped at the door gaining no entrance to your heart's door. If it is the Lord you will sense his prescence and have sweet fellowship burning the midnight oil spending time with him. God bless all

Openly Curious

• Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,316
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/01/1970

He is so awesome>> He knows what we need.

When I was younger, The Lord took me through a season of deliverance and healing.

The devil would torment me around 3:00am in the morning.

On day I had been listening to a preaching tape on the fruits of the Spirit.

I happen to be studying on peach.

I slept through the night till the usual 3:00am and he was totally tormenting my mind, when

the tape recorder came on and I heard from the preaching message:

"Do you have peace in your house, right now!?!- I went and turned it off, it came on till I listened to the whole message- It didn't malfunction anymore after listening to the whole message.

When I heard "Do you have peace in your house?- Boy it slammed me I said NO. He

showed me later to rebuke the devil.

Another time I had been studing the different message. And I went to my prayer room Crying and basicly pitched a fit- I said, Where are you God, you said you would never leave me, Where are you? The tape recorder tipped over and came on: The message continued- God doesn't manifest himself the same way every time. Boy did I feel like a two year old crying at the check out counter-whose mamma gave him that candybar- I said ok and I listened to the whole message.

That year was the hardest in my life- although I've since faced some pretty tough situations, but he has never abandoned me and he has always given me an answer when I asked.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  01/09/1985

Yeah tough times are hard! Especially the spiritual kind, even more so when you are being attacked by the enemy! I know many-a-times when I cried out to God wondering where He was, most of those times were when I was possessed and left wondering why God wasn't saving me from it and just seeming to let it happen for so many years (about 13 in total)! But God is faithful and true and my time came to be saved and delivered! I always clung to the hope that God does things all in His own good timing and He did; I was delivered in 2003 and although many other demons attacked and some others had to be cast out and away over the year after, God really revealed Himself to me and it was great :wub:

So anyway, I'm not sure where I'm going with this or if it has any bearing on the subject at hand, but I know GOD IS FAITHFUL AND TRUE! :emot-highfive: Cling to the hope in Christ and all will be well and we shall be protected!

Woo!

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  52
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  01/07/1989

I've heard knocking as well and I've learned over the years to say who is it before I open my hearts door because sometimes it is the enemy trying to get in. But not always sometimes it is the Lord himself wanting to come in and sup with us that why I've learn to ask who it is when I hear the knocking for the one doing the knocking has to identify themselves and if it is the theif (satan) he is stopped at the door gaining no entrance to your heart's door. If it is the Lord you will sense his prescence and have sweet fellowship burning the midnight oil spending time with him. God bless all

Openly Curious

Oc is this literal or a methophor?

and also God Bless everyone God is awsome and speaks to us through amazing ways and makes us feel like a little kid agian. ive enver been attacked by the enemy id ont htink. i kinda want it to happen so i can say look Jesus is my protector and watch jesus take control of the situatiion!!!

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  227
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,004
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  01/31/1906

:wub::thumbsup::wub:

• Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

He is a lot closer to us than we are often aware of..

I love his care for us and thank you for sharing your experience.. :thumbsup: