IGNORED

Witchcraft

Guest Hermes

Guest Hermes

I have a question, what is so wrong about witchcraft. I mean so many people have tried to make it suffer. What is wrong with it?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  211
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/23/1966

I have a question, what is so wrong about witchcraft. I mean so many people have tried to make it suffer. What is wrong with it?

Witchcraft is "communication with evil spirits: ie. demons". Simple. Praise the Lord Jesus Christ that He is above them all!

Glory to God in Christ Jesus forever!

Hallelujah to the Lamb of God!

Amen and amen!

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  527
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

You mean other than the bible says it is wrong?

• Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,316
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/01/1970

Witchcraft is of the devil. The devil has nothing to offer a witch or anyone under his spell.

the devils nature is to kill, steal and to destroy. For a season or unfortunately for a lifetime, people can be deceived by satan into believing he will offer other things that are not in his nature. He is a lier- he wants souls in hell with him. The devil at times will have the people so deceived and the people live fairly easy lifes. Why would the devil bother them-they are already on the path to destruction.

God created a perfect world, then sin entered in. Forces of darkness have been at work

for a long time to deceive people and take them as far away from the will of God as possible. The devil was once an Angel of God- until he thought he could have his throne above God. He was thrown out of heaven with 1/3 of the angels in heaven. Don't you think he is a little

mad that he can never be reconciled to God like we can if we ask the Lord. The devil takes opportunity to attack Christians to see if they will continue to trust in God and serve him.

The God we serve is gracious enough to allow you to make an eternal choice- HIM or the devil. Any way the devil want the soul of anyone offering to give it, and its nothing to him-how can anyone serve him for a lifetime and receive no lasting reward. Forever tormented in hell. Jesus came that we would have Life. So if we suffer as Christians or live High in the Life of Christ, we do so in this life time-what is 80 years in comparision to eternity in heaven.

I heard of one woman who said the spirits she served was greater than what we serve. She today is in hell, never to know the true knowledge of Christ and what he has to offer those who love him. Those who denied him He will deny to the Father in Heaven. Our Choice

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  12/20/1988

Good question. :rolleyes:

First of all, the Bible explicitly states that the practice of witchcraft is sinful and ungodly. In the Torah, it is listed as a capital offense (i.e. punishable by death). What is witchcraft? Most people would say casting spells or consorting with spirits. This is certainly true, but a witch could also be defined as any person who seeks to dominate or manipulate others. Some witches claim they practice only "good" witchcraft (often called white magic) as opposed to destructive witchcraft (black magic), although "goodness" is in the eye of the practitioner. They typically don't think in terms of good and evil, rather positive and negative.

Judeo-Christianity hold that all forms of witchcraft -- New Age and astrology, Wicca and Ouija, Voodoo and necromancy -- are evil. Why? Because those who dabble in the occult, whether they're aware of it or not, are invoking demonic spirits. They are allowing the Enemy to get a foothold in their life. The Bible warns that we should steer clear of this stuff for our own good. Witchcraft is VERY real, and it's not something we should be getting involved with.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Ex. 22:18

18Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.

KJV

This is what God says about witches in the old Testament. There s much discussion as to why, but this is enough for me.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  37
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Or:

18 "Do not allow a sorceress to live.

NIV

:b:

Guest charlie

Ex. 22:18

18Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.

Keep in mind that verse has been used to justify the murder of around 100,000 people in Europe and at least 20 in the U.S. (Salem Ma); mostly women.

Edited by charlie

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,276
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  02/21/1986

Doesn't the actual Hebrew word in that quote about 'thou shalt not suffer a sorceress/witch to live' mean poisoner? I mean, a scholar of Hebrew told me that that was the correct translation, but that the word in that particular context was altered when it was translated.

What's the deal on fantasy books/magic, though? The magic in those stories isn't drawn from the Devil, because it is set in worlds which are other to this one. So is magic the concept to be avoided in this instance, or only magic as is used on Earth and which, by Christian definition, can only come from the Devil?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

What's the deal on fantasy books/magic, though? The magic in those stories isn't drawn from the Devil, because it is set in worlds which are other to this one. So is magic the concept to be avoided in this instance, or only magic as is used on Earth and which, by Christian definition, can only come from the Devil?

Actually, Those books are all written by people who are influenced by demons.

Yes, the magic in those stories are drawn from the devil.