IGNORED

Can Iran Destroy America without Weapons?

KayDeeAy

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/31/1969

I seriously don't see any one single country hurting the USA so badly to that point. I think what America really needs to worry about is the wrath of GOD and HIS judgement! That's really what this country needs to be focused on, but that's just my opinion :24:

Actually Chris, your points are the points that I made in my commentary. I guess you'd have to read it to understand what I meant by Iran destroying America and what we need to do. OK, I'll copy it from my bolg and paste it here:

Can Iran Destroy America Without a Weapon?

America has long been a thorn in the side of the Middle Eastern countries bent on the destruction of Israel. Decades of insurgencies and several wars attempting to oust the Jews from the land have resulted in mounting frustrations for the surrounding Muslim nations. Even though initially Israel was far inferior in military might, she managed to withstand each blow of her enemies. (You can compare the weaponry of the Israeli defense Forces to the Arabs: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1948_Arab-Israeli_War). Ignoring all of the prophecies of the Lord bringing the Jews back to the land He gave them, the Arab nations have continuously blamed the United States for the success of Israel. Therefore, because of the support the U.S. has shown Israel, she is seen as an evil that must be stopped.

There is a big problem which these nations face. The United States is still a military powerhouse compared to the rest of the world. How do you destroy the world's biggest superpower if you are militarily inferior? To take down a giant, you must find and focus on its weakness.

The United States has a dirty little secret. The entire United States economy may be uncomfortably dependent on an agreement it has made with Saudi Arabia, the world's biggest oil exporter. The agreement was that any oil purchased from Saudi Arabia, who produces 40% of the world's oil supply, would be accepted only in United States fiat dollars. In short, any nation wishing to purchase oil from this country would have to hold large dollar reserves. This is a key to the sustainability of the U.S. economy. However, this also makes the U.S. most vulnerable and susceptible to the will of the international community. If OPEC nations decide to accept other currency, such as the Euro, then the U.S. economy can collapse right on top of her enormous deficit. Iraq already tried this in 2000, when deciding to accept Euros in trade for oil. At that point the Euro began to grow against the dollar. This step was reversed however when the U.S. invaded Iraq.

Iran, the second largest OPEC oil producing country, has honed in on the weakness of the American economy. Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has already initiated steps to begin trading oil in Euros instead of the all-mighty dollar. If nations decide to jump the dollar ship, the value of the dollar will sink. Iran, can begin the process of the destruction of America without ever dropping a bomb.

So what's the solution? The solution to the Iraq question seemed to be an invasion. But can the United States attempt to justify another war against a country when the current war is becoming increasingly unpopular? It seemed to work for the moment to achieve its purpose, but most of the population remains unaware of the dire state of the economy. How can the public then be convinced to support troops going into another country, especially one so close to developing nuclear capabilities?

No! I don't believe that the solution to America's problem has anything to do with invasions, oil independence, or decreasing national debt. America can learn a lot from Israel's past.

Psalms 127:1.....Unless the Lord protects a city,

guarding it with sentries will do no good.

Israel has been able to sustain herself as a nation only by divine intervention. There is no other logical conclusion one can come to when examining the seemingly impossible odds the nation has had to overcome. Israel continues to exist as a nation because it is God's will that it does. On the same token, America has been so blessed as she has because the Lord has chosen to bless her. If America wants to continue to enjoy her prosperity, she must first acknowledge where her blessings come from. Banning the Lord and His laws from schools and public property would definitely not fall under acknowledging the source of our blessings. Voting to put those in office who support laws to ban any mention of God in our society, or passively sitting by idlely is not helping the cause either.

If the Lord does not protect our great country that I love, no amount of economic or military might will make a bit of difference to our survival. Be careful of what you ask for, you just might get it. If we continue to tell the Lord that He is not welcome in our country, we may get just that.

"If my people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven, forgive their sin, and heal their land." - 2 Chronicles 7:14

As Christians, we bear the responsibility for the future of our country. If we want to deter the destruction of our beloved nation, the Lord has told us what to do as His people, called by His name.

Sources:

http://www.iranmania.com/News/ArticleView/...rrent%20Affairs

http://www.projectcensored.org/publications/2004/19.html

http://www.mises.org/fullstory.aspx?control=1386

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1948_Arab-Israeli_War

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ChrisW

Yeah I know, sorry...I was commenting on someone else's post, but forgot to use the "reply" feature. Sorry about that :24:

Yeah I know, sorry...I was commenting on someone else's post, but forgot to use the "reply" feature. Sorry about that :blink:

No problem! :24:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  489
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  02/12/1964

I seriously don't see any one single country hurting the USA so badly to that point. I think what America really needs to worry about is the wrath of GOD and HIS judgement! That's really what this country needs to be focused on, but that's just my opinion :blink:

Hi Chris,

I hear what you say but what you don't seem to realise is HOW God Judges. He used Israel as his weapon to Judge the evil nations for their wickedness in the land God was giving them, and then when Israel became disobedient and began to worship false idols, he used Babylon and Assyria as his weapons to judge Israel.

You see God is not a repecter of persons. He is faithful to his Word. God in his mercy toward men will always bring a mans enemies against him because He KNOWS that a mans enemies will turn him BACK to God. God speaks in his word of the Seas Rising Up, and earthquakes and such. Waiting for Gods Judgement is not something that is going to happen all in ONE go. Remember: "I will multiply a mans sins seven times over and if he still refuses to repent of his wickedness then i shall multiply them seven times again, and again and again UNTIL he Listens, Takes Heed of my warning and repents."

Always remember the angels of wrath in Revelation. It is written that even after all of these outpourings of wrath, there are still men who refuse to repent of their sins.........HOW is this possible, to witness all of these things and STILL be UNrepentant. Easy...!!! The ungodly man will not recognise these events as the outpouring of Gods wrath. He will have some scientific explanation for all that is happening. Only those who have eyes to see and ears to hear will SEE and HEAR and recognise the time of Gods Wrath. Just as it was in days of Noah and in the days of Pharoah, so shall it be in the days of Christ. Only FAR Worse,for Christ himself says "When that time comes there will have never been a time like, nor shall there ever be again." Begin to listen on the News for the word, "UNPRECEDENTED" Unmatched by anything that has happened in the past " Let him who has ears hear what the angel is saying to the churches." "Get salve and put on your eyes so that you can SEE."

Earthquakes, Tsunamis, Volcanic Erruptions, Hurricanes and Cyclones are ALL part of Gods Judgements. If Gods righteous judgements were not throughout all the earth today then NO man would repent....... There is no such thing friends as a natural disaster. When an event occurs which God had the power to stop but DIDN"T then you can be assured it is in his sovereign plan....."When a thing happens in the city, have I the Lord not DONE this.??????"

War is sanctioned by Government and Government is sanctioned by GOD. God works his judgement through MEN through disasters and through his Holy Angels of wrath.

"It would be a terrible thing to fall into the hands of the Living God.." as his enemy....!! And that's just the judgements on the earth. What pray tell must Hell be like...? :noidea::noidea::o:o:blink::taped:

Regards,

Ben.

Edited by redeemed098

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

I seriously don't see any one single country hurting the USA so badly to that point. I think what America really needs to worry about is the wrath of GOD and HIS judgement! That's really what this country needs to be focused on, but that's just my opinion :noidea:

Remember that throughout the OT, one of the means of God's judgment on his children was to send their enemies against them in battle, and that is prophesied to happen again in these last days. So, I believe God is going to use other countries to strike the USA as God's judgment, and then he will turn against our enemies, just like he did before.

Guest ChrisW

True, I do agree with most of those points. I do think though one of the major advantages of the US though is that our country supports GOD's "Chosen" People. All this time while the rest of Europe has been trying to attack them we have supported them. I don't know if that alone will spare this country, but I do know that since GOD said he'd destroy any one against his people...if we do get hurt it won't be because of the lack of support :noidea:

Also, I pray for the mercy of GOD and his love and mercy is greater than his wrath. So I'll just continue to pray for safety.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,026
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Absolutely true, but I believe judgment is coming by way of nuclear attack. I don't think we will be totaly obliterated, but I do believe we will be severely crippled and reduced to a third world country.

How can you have a nuclear attack without a weapon. :noidea:

Or maybe this thread is not what I thought it was. :noidea:

I think they were saying that they believe it will be destroyed with the use of a weapon - nuclear weapon, contrary to what I said in my blog commentary. If you click on the link to my blog commentary in my first post, you will read what I said about how Iran could destroy America.

I don't think Americans are concerned enough about the fact that we might be destroyed as a nation. I think people who do believe that it will be destroyed eventually, say it so matter-of-factly. It's like many either just don't take it serious enough or have just resigned themselves to thought that it is inevitable anyway. I think it is a really serious thing. The prevous poster said that we might be reduced to a third world country status. Do you even understand what that would be like? I think most Americans really have no idea just how extremely rich we are. Even the poorest person in this country has more than many in other countries. I went on a missions trip to Mongolia last summer and oh my goodness, if you could see just what real poverty is. At least homeless people in our country have places where they can go and get food, like a shelter. But in many countries, if you don't have any food there is no where to go and get any because no one around you has any either. I think more people should travel to some of these places and see what people in other parts of the world live like to really appreciate how truly blessed we are in this country. Americans are just too spoiled, spoiled, spoiled and they have no idea just how spoiled they are.

No Kaydee, I can only imagine how horrible it would be if we were reduced to a third world country.

To say that I believe it will happen doesn't mean that I embrace it or look forward to it.

Though my place and my peace is in God, that doesn't mean I believe His people won't have to suffer to a certain degree.

Our comfort zone will be no more.

I believe there are special promises and blessings for those who love the Lord, but I also know that the just can suffer right along with the unjust.

We don't know for a fact what's coming, but we do feel something is coming.

The faith of the christians in this country has yet to be truly tested at a national level, and everything that can be shaken will be shaken.

God's people have to be tried and refined, and how we respond to the refiners fire will determine everything.

No Kaydee, I can only imagine how horrible it would be if we were reduced to a third world country.

To say that I believe it will happen doesn't mean that I embrace it or look forward to it.

Though my place and my peace is in God, that doesn't mean I believe His people won't have to suffer to a certain degree.

Our comfort zone will be no more.

I believe there are special promises and blessings for those who love the Lord, but I also know that the just can suffer right along with the unjust.

We don't know for a fact what's coming, but we do feel something is coming.

The faith of the christians in this country has yet to be truly tested at a national level, and everything that can be shaken will be shaken.

God's people have to be tried and refined, and how we respond to the refiners fire will determine everything.

Jamie, I was also thinking about many people that I have talked to who have just given up on praying or hoping for the survival of our country because they assume our fate is already sealed. One Christian friend of my mom's said that the reason why she doesn't mind voting for politicians who support abortion is because she feels that people will do it anyway and our country is already destined for judgement anyway. (Like, what about just for the fact that it is wrong?) She feels like changing the sinful things about our country is useless because our fate is already sealed. I asked her if that is the kind of country she wants to leave for her grandchildren. I don't think she realizes how bad this country will be if we were reduced to a third world country. BUt she isn't alone. I have talked to others who are so busy enjoying their American lifestyles to give much thought about praying for our country, or trying to fight against these people who are trying to take all mention of GOd out of our country.

I don't think our fate is sealed. I think that America is absent in prophecy because GOd wants us to pray and fight against this spirit of Anti-CHrist in our country, and turn to HIm.

• Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,580
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Birthday:  04/13/1960

It would be a perfect world if we could just get along in the words of Rodney King. "Can't we all just get along" I know that is cliche and will never happen and if the US is doomed then it's all in God's plan and I'll go along with what His choice is. My problem is I would hate to see my children denied the kind of life they deserve that is happy and fullfilling with their own children. I'm not very intellectual when it comes to politics but I do know that the world isn't getting any better and will only continue to get worse. All I can do is try to protect them from harm and bring them up with good morals and values and most of all in God's grace.

Let's face it. The time is coming. The anti christ is alive and well and is preparing to do his stuff. This is a world of spiritual warfare and we are the pawns with free will to choose which path although I know God doesn't see us as pawns but His children and I'm so thankful to be one of them. We are His army and we have to witness to as many as possible. War is coming, war is here, war will never stop and people will die for our country. My prayer is that before they die they accept Jesus as their personal savior.

Maybe I don't belong in this discussion because it's partly political and I really try to stay out of that arena but the anti christ I believe will be a political figure of some kind and I keep watch. Christians may have to suffer as they have throughout the ages but I'm willing to suffer for my King. It was His suffering that gives me eternal life.

Blessings,

Cjrose

:wub:

• Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

It would be a perfect world if we could just get along in the words of Rodney King. "Can't we all just get along" I know that is cliche and will never happen and if the US is doomed then it's all in God's plan and I'll go along with what His choice is. My problem is I would hate to see my children denied the kind of life they deserve that is happy and fullfilling with their own children. I'm not very intellectual when it comes to politics but I do know that the world isn't getting any better and will only continue to get worse. All I can do is try to protect them from harm and bring them up with good morals and values and most of all in God's grace.

Let's face it. The time is coming. The anti christ is alive and well and is preparing to do his stuff. This is a world of spiritual warfare and we are the pawns with free will to choose which path although I know God doesn't see us as pawns but His children and I'm so thankful to be one of them. We are His army and we have to witness to as many as possible. War is coming, war is here, war will never stop and people will die for our country. My prayer is that before they die they accept Jesus as their personal savior.

Maybe I don't belong in this discussion because it's partly political and I really try to stay out of that arena but the anti christ I believe will be a political figure of some kind and I keep watch. Christians may have to suffer as they have throughout the ages but I'm willing to suffer for my King. It was His suffering that gives me eternal life.

Blessings,

Cjrose

:emot-handshake:

Cjrose,

I understand where you are coming from, I think. I am 56 yrs old. I have lived a long life, I think, so I'm ready for Christ to return. I see so much evil in the world. I see the Church becoming lukewarm or having forsaken their first love, and I know it breaks God's heart. Too many "Christians" spend much more time following their own desires and after other "gods" and have little or no time with their maker. The fear of God has been forgotten, and people have made God out as a doting grandfather and Jesus as their best pal who will look the other way. We forget that God is not only a god of love and compassion, but he is also a God of justice. He will discipline his own. So many are saying "peace, peace," when there is no peace. They say "God will not judge you." And, they are not turning people from their sins. If God truly is a God of love, then he has to do something. To not do something would be like a permissive parent who is more concerned about him or herself than about the future of his or her children. Because God loves us, and because he is a merciful God, he has to discipline us in order to bring us to our knees.

I, too, have children. Our oldest son and his wife are expecting their first baby. Our second child, our one and only daughter, just got married. Our third child, a son, has three young girls who are just beginning their lives. Our youngest son just returned from Iraq, and he and his new wife are just beginning their lives together. None of them want to hear that time is short, that God is going to judge America and that Christ is coming soon, well, except my daughter. She is perfectly fine with Christ returning anytime. But, you know, God did not put us on this earth just for our own pleasure and our own plans. He put us here to worship him, to serve him and to obey him. So, when God comes to judge, it is because he wants us to return to him; to be in a right relationship with him. It is really to show his mercy (like a loving parent), because he wants as many as possible to be saved before he returns.

Everyone likes to think that life will always go on, that they will get to grow old, get to do all the things they dreamed of, etc., but is that really why we are here? God wants us to see that he is God. He wants us to bow the knee in true worship of him and in true obedience. This world is getting worse and worse every day. Every time I read the news I pray to God to come soon. I truly would not want my grandchildren to grow up in this world of ours that has for the most part forsaken God and has gone their own way. I do not look forward to the judgment, because I know it will be painful, but I do so look forward to a revival of the Church, to the salvation of many, many souls, to a return to the Church as in the book of Acts, to see God pour out His Holy Spirit, to see people being set free from their chains, healed of their diseases, etc., and to see God raise up a mighty army for him in these last days before his return. That is my hope. That is my expectation.