IGNORED

Unpardonable sin

Jackie0621

Guest lovinghim4ever
Thank you all for your responses

I have prayed for repentance and do stand with God!

Thanks and love,

Bye

David

;):24:

:lightbulb2::)

:24::24::24:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  305
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/12/1950

Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is not something verbalised against the Holy Spirit.

When a person is born again, they receive the Spirit of life. This gift of life is a deposit given to those who will inherit eternal life. Now the Spirit was given by the Father, in order to lead us into all truth. When we walk according to the leading and guiding of the Spirit, we walk in faith and in the knowledge that God, our father is supplying all of ours needs. The man who walks in the Spirit is aware that though he is a sinner, he can live in the righteousness of God that comes by faith in Jesus if he remains in faith. And if he does remain in faith he will always be humbled by Gods grace thus remaining in the arms of Jesus and producing fruit in keeping with the vine.

On the other hand there are those who after receiving the Spirit do not remain in faith. The self righteous man who lives according to his own definition of right and wrong, become puffed up and full of arrogance, initiating a train of thought that leads him to become a self proclaimed spiritual judge, saying this one will go to heaven and that one will go to hell.

You see, this man has blasphemed the Holy Spirit. The Spirit which was given in order that he might attain the righteousness that is in faith in Christ has now been made of no effect because he is attempting to measure and attain righteousness by what he does.

So, blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is not an utterance of the mouth. It is a belief that righteousness can be achieved by what we do rather than by a work of the Holy Spirit. As Paul in his letter to the Galatians said,

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

SINNERS can commit the UNPARDONABLE SIN. This is clear from the fact that the Jews of Matt. 12:22-37 were sinners and Jesus Christ WARNED THEM of committing that sin. In Hebrews we have plain Scriptures that show that a person who has been sanctified by the blood of Christ can also go back into sin and commit sin;

("For if we sin willfully after we have recieved the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins. But a certain fearful looking for judgement and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. He that despised Moses' law died without mercy UNDER TWO OR THREE WITNESSES: Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath TRODDEN UNDERFOOT the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant WHEREWITH HE WAS SANCTIFIED, and unholy thing, and hath done DESPITE UNTO THE SPIRIT of Grace" (Hebrews 10:26-29). "Wherein he was sanctified" (once saved, santified under the blood of the covenant). "And done despite unto the spirit" (Hold the Spirit in contempt, scorn, hatred look down upon).

Blaspheming the Spirit and attributing to the devil the works of the Spirit, or speaking a word against the Spirit KNOWINGLY and WILLFULLY, is the unpardonable sin, and this any person can do whether he is a sinner or not if they choose to. Of course, I's our Love for Jesus and what He has done for us and all mankind, and it's our Christian desire and duty never to do such a thing, but as Jesus has shown by His warnings to the Jews and others, including us, it is possible if we let our guard down. Satan never gives up on anyone. He even consentrates his efforts on the saved not those he already has. This why we are told "TO ENDURE TO THE END" "And many false prophets shall rise, and shall decieve many. And because sin shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved" (Matt. 24:11-13), (James 5:11).

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Hi Jackie,

God will never leave us nor forsake us. He is the same yesterday, today and forever. And that inlcudes His being faithful, loving and forgiving.

I can relate with what you are going thru. At some point in my life, I was very hurt and I went through a really tough time and started to question God

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

I learned the following teaching from a wonderful and gifted Bible teacher and it is the only teaching on this subject that I believe is consistent with God's character and His revealed Word.

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Truth and His work is to testify to Jesus.

"But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:"

John 15:26

Therefore blasphemy against the Holy Spirit who IS truth, is to deliberately choose to disbelieve His witness, i.e. that Jesus is of and from the Father and has come in the the flesh, died for the sins of the whole world and was resurrected and ascended into heaven and now sits at the right hand of the Father. This blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is an unforgivable sin because if one doesn't believe in Jesus' atoning sacrifice for sin, then there is no further forgiveness of sins available. Logically, then, the sin of disbelieving that Jesus died to forgive all sin is the one and only sin that is unforgivable.

Over the years I have heard many people expound on what is this sin of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit that is unforgivable. This is the only understanding that makes sense and is consistent with God's character and His revealed Word. All others imply that God's plan of salvation is less than perfect. That somehow God didn't factor into His plan of salvation this sin or that sin and that He can be taken by surprise. I cannot ever hear God saying: "Oh dear, Ruth, I never thought that you'd do that sin, I really didn't plan for that. Sorry, Ruth, Jesus' sacrifice for sin really can't cover THAT one." Apart from all else such a view takes away from God's omniscience and omnipotence. I have met believers who live in fear of having knowingly or unknowingly committed the unforgivable sin. Such fear is contrary to God's Word: "There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Romans 8:1.

In Jesus,

Ruth

Excellent summation Ruth. ;) This is my understanding that you so clearing expressed.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  07/03/1986

I have a quick question. A little while back I did not believe it even possible that the gifts of the spirit were still here and at a few occasions I think I called the people(of today) who used them blasphemers and liars. I was only trying to defend the Lord in what the Bible says but it turns out I wasn't understanding the scripture correctly. Is this the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit? My comments were never towards the holy spirit but people who practiced the gifts. I truly love God and His son our lord and savior, Jesus Christ with all my heart and I have asked Him to forgive me for my comments. Do you believe He has forgiven me. :whistling: Your brother in Christ, matthew

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  679
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

I have a quick question. A little while back I did not believe it even possible that the gifts of the spirit were still here and at a few occasions I think I called the people(of today) who used them blasphemers and liars. I was only trying to defend the Lord in what the Bible says but it turns out I wasn't understanding the scripture correctly. Is this the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit? My comments were never towards the holy spirit but people who practiced the gifts. I truly love God and His son our lord and savior, Jesus Christ with all my heart and I have asked Him to forgive me for my comments. Do you believe He has forgiven me. :thumbsup: Your brother in Christ, matthew

We are forgiven ALL our sins, past, present and future, the moment we truly believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and accept his substitutionary atonement for sin. To quote the old hymn:

The vilest offender who truly believes

THAT MOMENT from Jesus, a pardon receives.

We become new creations in Christ, clothed with HIS righteousness, and therefore acceptable to God. It is ALL to do with what Jesus has DONE and nothing to do with what we can DO. We are spiritually reborn by the power of the Holy Spirit and have a new existence that is in and of Jesus. In Christ there is no sin and therefore in Christ we do not sin. But in the flesh we continue to sin because in the flesh there is no good thing. Therefore if we walk according to the Spirit of Christ in us, we will not sin. But if we walk according to the flesh we will sin because the very nature of the flesh is sinful. There is NOTHING good or acceptable to God that we can do in the flesh. Everything that is of the flesh is sin - even good deeds done in the flesh are as filthy rags to God. Which is why we are to count the flesh as dead, because that is its destiny, and walk in the newness of Spirit which is eternal. There is only one sin that cannot be forgiven and that is the sin of not believing in and accepting the forgiveness that Jesus has made available through His death on the cross, which is to blaspheme the Holy Spirit (call Him a liar) whose work is to testify concerning Jesus - who He is and what He has done. That is not your situation, praise Jesus!

Ruth

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  473
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Yes, I know the Lord will convict us of the things we say. And when we confess them, He is faithful and just to forgive us.

If someone blasphemes the Holy Spirit, they have a reprobate mind. It is willful and intentional and they would not be concerned about it.

However, if someone isn't concerned about blaspheming and they've been forgiven, then the doubt about their salvation is from the enemy.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  07/03/1986

I have a quick question. A little while back I did not believe it even possible that the gifts of the spirit were still here and at a few occasions I think I called the people(of today) who used them blasphemers and liars. I was only trying to defend the Lord in what the Bible says but it turns out I wasn't understanding the scripture correctly. Is this the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit? My comments were never towards the holy spirit but people who practiced the gifts. I truly love God and His son our lord and savior, Jesus Christ with all my heart and I have asked Him to forgive me for my comments. Do you believe He has forgiven me. :thumbsup: Your brother in Christ, matthew

We are forgiven ALL our sins, past, present and future, the moment we truly believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and accept his substitutionary atonement for sin. To quote the old hymn:

The vilest offender who truly believes

THAT MOMENT from Jesus, a pardon receives.

We become new creations in Christ, clothed with HIS righteousness, and therefore acceptable to God. It is ALL to do with what Jesus has DONE and nothing to do with what we can DO. We are spiritually reborn by the power of the Holy Spirit and have a new existence that is in and of Jesus. In Christ there is no sin and therefore in Christ we do not sin. But in the flesh we continue to sin because in the flesh there is no good thing. Therefore if we walk according to the Spirit of Christ in us, we will not sin. But if we walk according to the flesh we will sin because the very nature of the flesh is sinful. There is NOTHING good or acceptable to God that we can do in the flesh. Everything that is of the flesh is sin - even good deeds done in the flesh are as filthy rags to God. Which is why we are to count the flesh as dead, because that is its destiny, and walk in the newness of Spirit which is eternal. There is only one sin that cannot be forgiven and that is the sin of not believing in and accepting the forgiveness that Jesus has made available through His death on the cross, which is to blaspheme the Holy Spirit (call Him a liar) whose work is to testify concerning Jesus - who He is and what He has done. That is not your situation, praise Jesus!

Ruth

:wub: Thanks a lot for the nice words Ruth. I know I'm in God's path so I should have nothing to worry about. I pray that we can all keep fighting the good fight, take our stand from all sin, and bear fruits for the Lord. And thank God that when we do fall we have to best lawyer on our side, for it is in His name we pray. Your brother in Christ, matthew

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,602
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Hi all,

Thank you for your comments but I am still slightly confused. If you sin against the holy spirit that means you cannot be saved. What if you were saved and walked away from that life? Is that sinning against the holy spirit? I have not had much to do with my faith? Often I have even questioned it? Yet I still refuse to completely stop believing in it. Once I honestly heard the Holy Spirit working in me but that was so long ago. Now my desire is gone! I am trying to find my way back because I long for that peace but seem to be getting nowhere. Is this a hardening of the heart the Bible refers to? I have prayed and even tried to read my Bible! Still nothing stirs withinme. So i began to think that maybe I have commited this sin because I feel shunned. Maybe I am overshooting but I knew the truth and walked away. The impardonable sin is to blaspheme against the holy spirit. Isn't what I have done along the same lines. I have sinned concsiously knowing it was against god isn't this blaspheme? Jackie

Shalom, Jackie.

Some people say the "unpardonable sin" is one thing; others say it is something else. There is NO sin left unpaid on the cross! He died for all sins because He died for all sinners, and there is NOTHING too big for God to handle! He created this world and everything and everyone in it; He created the Universe with all of its nebulae and galaxies and all the stars and planets in them down to the smallest particles of matter and energy! Could there possibly be ANYTHING that God could not do???!!!!

"Blasphemy," transliterated from the Greek word "blasphemos," means "a belittling" or "putting someone down." The ironic reason that "blasphemy" can't be forgiven is because THE SINNER has come to the conclusion that God can't forgive the sin! They have put God down--belittled God--saying that He is incapable of forgiving some sin that is too big for God to handle. That's pride and THAT'S blasphemy! There are many ways that we might put God down, but all of them are a "wall of papier mache'." :emot-hug: They may LOOK like formidable sins--sins that God could not possibly forgive--but the TRUE God can easily break through that false wall and forgive them anyway!

STOP FOCUSING ON WHAT YOU FEEL! :33: You should focus on the promises of God, instead. :emot-hug::24::emot-hug: When God justifies someone who does not deserve justification, it's because HE wants to; there's nothing good in us to get His attention, and there's nothing in us to make Him want to keep us! IT'S ALL HIM! Now, having said that, we are not given the information that HE alone is privy to, namely whom He has chosen and whom He has not. That is PURELY from His perspective. To the contrary, He tells us to "go into all the world and preach the gospel to EVERY creature!"

Hope this helps! :laugh::crazy:

Retrobyter