• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Random notes:

When I was a kid, the first 'Earth Day' (with some of the same people shrilling now about 'global warming') assured us that within 30 years, New York City would be under a glacier, due to the 'coming Ice Age.'

There have been some 6 ice ages, which have come due to global cooling, then disappeared due to global warming LONG BEFORE THE INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION.

In the 1000's the Vikings FARMED GREENLAND! That must have been during a major global warming! Darn those Vikings and their SUV's!!!

The ice caps are decreasing in area, and growing in thickness. The shear volume of ice has remained in stasis.

If you read the Unibomber's environmental opus, and Al Gore's Earth In The Balance, it's very hard to tell the tortured ramblings of the insane mass murderer, from the writings of the former Democratic Presidential Candidate.....

Dick Durbin is a weenie.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

:thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76

the earth is truly our mother, and we are not honoring her at all

The earth is merely the creation of the only One we should be honoring: the Lord.

Amen Jade :thumbsup: I believe the Lord wants us to be good stewards...but in no shape or form is the "creation" to be our mother. Never once in the bible have I read that.

If you read the Unibomber's environmental opus, and Al Gore's Earth In The Balance, it's very hard to tell the tortured ramblings of the insane mass murderer, from the writings of the former Democratic Presidential Candidate.....

Dick Durbin is a weenie.

Oh Leonard...what are we gonna do with you? :24::24::24::24::24: Thanks for early chuckles :blink:

Love and Blessings,

Angel

• Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

The earth is merely the creation of the only One we should be honoring: the Lord.

As I've said already-he's a mixture of New Age and Christianity; a very dangerous combo indeed. (edited by moderator)

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

the earth is truly our mother, and we are not honoring her at all. that means a shorter life for all of us.

Child,

Could you unpack for me what you mean by this statement?

Thanks

Eric

• Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

I do not believe we are going through anything but natural cycles when it comes to global warming. As was pointed out, some 30 years ago we were being taught we were heading into an ice age. I don't know if it is still up, but Glen Beck had an old article from a news magazine from the 70s warning of a cooling world. I believe this is just a hoax. I also give no credence to what Mr. Ozone (Al Gore) has to say. I didn't realize becoming a Senator and defeated Presidential candidate made him an expert on the environment.

But, Butero, he invented the Internet and all that jazz-shouldn't he know? :):) I bet he could also tell us what truly happened to Elvis, Jimmy Hoffa, and Hank Williams, lol! Maybe he secretly had Elvis put in charge of writing the program code for the Internet or something? ;):emot-hug:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

I think it's unreasonable, given the mountain of evidence, to say that that global warming is not a fact.

But whether global warming is directly related to man's intervention, or that man's intervention is simply contributing to a natural global cycle, is still debatable. I've seen tables constructed by scientists showing that, in a span of several thousand years, the earth has undergone periods of cooling and warming. In fact, a recent article I read just last week was talking about a group of scientists who believe that the article circle was once a forested area.

If the earth is warming up due to a natural cycle, there's not much that we can do about it. Sure, if increased carbons in the atmosphere from factories, cars, and cow farts, are contributing to that cycle, we can do something about it. But if the earth wants to warm up or cool down, there's really not a whole lot that us puny humans can do to stop it.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

I don't think there is a reason to people to be sarcasric to THECHILD, we know he has a prolem and that is that he does not understand the Bible at all.

The reason our earth is today as it is started after Adam and Eve ate from the forbidden fruit,remember thats when sin entered the world.

THECHILD you are very rude to call Christians swine eaters.....and your post are very ignorant.

Actually you should be banned from posting and this topic should go in the garbage where it belongs .

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  195
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

ok, have it your way. we are not honoring the lords creation. either way, this is a closed system and what we release into it makes a difference, for all Gods creatures.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  195
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Amen Jade :emot-hug: I believe the Lord wants us to be good stewards...but in no shape or form is the "creation" to be our mother. Never once in the bible have I read that.

Dick Durbin is a weenie.

Oh Leonard...what are we gonna do with you? ;):):24::24::24: Thanks for early chuckles :)

Love and Blessings,

Angel

just like we are taken from out of our mothers, adam was taken out of the earth. we are all made of earth. i am not some drooling pagan gaia worshipper, i am a true believer in the bible. not that drooling is exclusive to pagans!!!