• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,692
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/31/1952

Have YOU ever been betrayed by someone you really trusted?  How did you respond?  How did you feel?  Think honestly from a Christian perspective...did you act like a child of GOD during it, or..... :t2:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  52
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Yes, I was betrayed by two sisters in Christ.  I went to them about a personal matter asking for prayer and support.

I had to ask God for a forgiving heart towards them.  I eventually forgave them.  Our relationship was never the same though and I missed that.  We continued to say hello and wave and do the "hi, how you doing", thing but that was it.

gatorgirl;

Have you and those friends talked sincerely as friends again?  Is there any way to get in contact with them by you?  I think I "hear" in your post that you would really like to try and get back together....or am I just drawing straws?   :t2:  :)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  189
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Yes I have been betrayed by a friend in Christ. I spoke with her about personal matters in which she spoke to others and they spoke to others until it all came back to me. Albeit a bit twisted. I spoke with her about it, and asked why? She really didn't have a good answer and simply apologized. And she is my very best friend to this day. I am so grateful I did not walk away and just forgave the indiscretion because her husband died a year later and I would have had a hard time forgiving myself if I hadn't of been there. She sometimes brings it up and still seems to have a difficult time with her betrayal, I just tell her to forget about it. It's not like I lost my salvation or anything important over the whole deal. Sometimes I believe God uses situations like this to show someone something they may need to clean up in their lives. If they didn't hurt someone who they really love it wouldn't be as effective and as memorable. If you are a recipient of it just try to remember none of us are perfect. And you may just be being used for the good of others.

Love in Christ

Teri

Sometimes I believe God uses situations like this to show someone something they may need to clean up in their lives. If they didn't hurt someone who they really love it wouldn't be as effective and as memorable. If you are a recipient of it just try to remember none of us are perfect. And you may just be being used for the good of others.

Love in Christ

Teri

Teri:

In the above statement you summed up what every mature Christian eventually learns about our wonderful, loving FATHER.  We were created for HIS purpose (POTTER and the "clay") and to be used to bring blessings to others in whatever way HE deems appropriate.

Betrayal HURTS, but hopefully during the course of the painful experience(s) a lesson is learned involving Romansd 8:28.  I have looked back over the years at several such occurances of betrayal in my life and can now see my LORD's hand in all that was allowed to happen to me, although at the time my insight wasn't as such. :biggrin:

Thank you for those enlightening/encouraging words. :thumb:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  52
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

One lady moved out of state due to a job.  When she was here we did continue to "chat" when in passing. Before she moved I gave her a hug. I will miss not seeing her.   The other lady, well, we just smile and wave.  She doesn't even allow her little girl to play with my little girl.  Whereas before, they played almost daily.  I think out of the two of them she judged me.  I don't really care to get close to her again.  I have forgiven them both.

:t2:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  252
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,859
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Birthday:  03/16/1963

I have been betrayed before. I refused to let it get me down and just moved on.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  270
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Yes I have.  I wonder why I even had them as a "friend" to begin with?   God chose to give them to me as a friend and then, they were gone.  I often wonder why I was blessed with them as a friend at all, if they were only going to disappear.  I guess I'll know the reason at another time...meanwhile, the hurt's lessening more every day, which I'm very thankful for.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Have YOU ever been betrayed by someone you really trusted?  How did you respond?  How did you feel?  Think honestly from a Christian perspective...did you act like a child of GOD during it, or.....  

You know what? People will always disappoint you sometime and you will feel betrayed, I think it happened to all of us,we will also disappoint people, we live in a sinful world, with hurts and pains...

Angels

I believe many times GOD will use the "betrayal" as a tool to correct HIS child.  We never see the big picture, but somewhere down the road of life for a Christian those type of situations always come back to play a major role/part in our Christian maturing.