• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

Good luck getting an answer on the board, Larry. You'll have to PM him. He's a bit of a social butterfly. :taped:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  961
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

The word itself is not there... but the theology, the doctrine, is. You have been taught correctly. Also, if you have been taught that it comes before any of the 7 years begins, you have been taught correctly.

Yes, this 150 year old doctrine that all the early Church fathers missed, and all the Protestant Reformers missed but was thankfully picked up by a Jesuit Priest and eventually translanted into English by a Protestant minister who thought that Jesus had a sinful human nature......Give me a break

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

It is simply ridiculous to say it is only a 150 year-old doctrine when the Word speaks of it!

It is simply ridiculous to say it is only a 150 year-old doctrine when the Word speaks of it!

Floatingaxe, those words have been in the Bible for 2,000 years, but this idea of a Rapture only came to light 150 years ago. If you don't beleive me do some research. You provide sources that show that this idea of Rapture dates back to the time of Christ. I can give you sources showing you the time line of this rapture nonsense, but it will only be deleted. I would do my homework before I bought into something such as the Rapture.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Floatingaxe, those words have been in the Bible for 2,000 years, but this idea of a Rapture only came to light 150 years ago. If you don't beleive me do some research. You provide sources that show that this idea of Rapture dates back to the time of Christ. I can give you sources showing you the time line of this rapture nonsense, but it will only be deleted. I would do my homework before I bought into something such as the Rapture.

Actually I've heard Jack Van Impe quote some of the early Church Fathers and even some Catholic sources from way before 150 years ago that support a pre-trib rapture. Simply put, here's where I get the idea:

Matthew 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. (KJV)

If no one knows the day nor the hour, that would preclude the mid and post trib raptures! First of all, why would their need be a rapture if it's post trib? That honestly doesn't seem plausible-does Christ return and then turn right around and come back? Given a mid or post trib rapture, all one has to do is count down either 3 1/2 years or 7 years from the signing of the peace treaty with Israel and one will know when the rapture will take place! :emot-questioned:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Questioning the time line as to when mankind really uncovered the Rapture within the scriptures is irrelavent. For thousands of years mankind developed our social structures based on the teachings of the laws and morals of the Bible...Just because main stream "white man" discovered it (the rapture) 150 years ago doesn't mean that it didn't exist or it was written into scripture 150 years ago...its always been there, mankind had just been too busy over the centuries trying to use the word of God as a means to control the population.

Can you not pick up your Bible right now and learn something new from scripture today that you didn't know?...absolutely. The argument of when mankind began to see the rapture unfolding in the scriptures is irrelavent...the Rapture is imminent.

Peace

CJ

:41::) :) :):rolleyes::41::41:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

the Rapture is imminent.

:rolleyes::41::41::41::)

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  657
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  02/15/1959

was the rapture imminent before say 1948?

Questioning the time line as to when mankind really uncovered the Rapture within the scriptures is irrelavent. For thousands of years mankind developed our social structures based on the teachings of the laws and morals of the Bible...Just because main stream "white man" discovered it (the rapture) 150 years ago doesn't mean that it didn't exist or it was written into scripture 150 years ago...its always been there, mankind had just been too busy over the centuries trying to use the word of God as a means to control the population.

Can you not pick up your Bible right now and learn something new from scripture today that you didn't know?...absolutely. The argument of when mankind began to see the rapture unfolding in the scriptures is irrelavent...the Rapture is imminent.

Peace

CJ

Thank goodness for, Main Stream "White Men" as you quoted above. They were smarter than Martin Luther, John Calvin, St. Thomas Aquinas, St. Agustine! Step back for a second and think logically. You are going to tell me that some person with no theological training can pick up the Bible and come up with new theories about the second coming of Christ. This my friends is why we have 28,000 different Christian denominations. Some person with little or no theological training picks up a Bible and says, Hey I believe this is what Jesus ment, so now lets start a new Church and teach that this is what Jesus was talking about. Makes no logical sense. But at least you agree with me that the Rapture theory started 150 years ago, but it wasn't by a white man, but rather a misguided spainish Jeusit Priest. :laugh:

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,447
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

Peace

CJ

Thank goodness for, Main Stream "White Men" as you quoted above. They were smarter than Martin Luther, John Calvin, St. Thomas Aquinas, St. Agustine! Step back for a second and think logically. You are going to tell me that some person with no theological training can pick up the Bible and come up with new theories about the second coming of Christ. This my friends is why we have 28,000 different Christian denominations. Some person with little or no theological training picks up a Bible and says, Hey I believe this is what Jesus ment, so now lets start a new Church and teach that this is what Jesus was talking about. Makes no logical sense. But at least you agree with me that the Rapture theory started 150 years ago, but it wasn't by a white man, but rather a misguided spainish Jeusit Priest. :whistling:

pax, don't you know that the newest believer without even so much as a home study Bible course is a better interpreter of God's Word than the men you mentioned who dedicated their entire existence to it? That my friend is the world we now live in. If I've seen one post on here I've seen two dozen saying "I have nothing to learn from men like Luther and Augustine and their views are no better than mine. All I need is me and my Bible"

The truth is there is not a single verse of Scripture that supports a pre-tribulation Rapture. The same can be said for the 7 year tribulation. It just is not there. This is perhaps the greatest hoax in church history.

sw