• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  128
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/13/1976

Az,

That is very true. It is sad, that is sometimes the only thing that makes people believe one way or another. Then if someone questions them enough in an area they are not firmly planted in their faith, it can cause them to fall away from their beliefs.

That is why we as Christians are called to be ready in season and out of season. God has also said in His Word that many are called and few are chosen. I believe that we as Christians get caught up sometimes in believing that we have it within our control whether or not someone accepts Christ. When actually, we are called to share the Gospel, but it is God who saves - not us.

If someone is "chosen" then they will accept Christ in the time God has decided for them to. We have a difficult time understanding His timing and reasons, but they are perfect regardless.

I would imagine that being an atheist, you too would use logic and reason to prove or disprove any and all notions of any "higher power". The thing is though, God is not existent by our human logic / understanding. He just is, and we either accept Him or we don't.

This gets much more complicated with someone who thinks that they know who God is, yet may be wrong. I understand that Christians can be accused of the same thing by someone of another faith or lack of. But it still remains what He said in His Word... Many are called and few are chosen.

I am glad that you are here Az, and I pray that God will speak to you through the posts here. I will continue to research Mormons because I don't want to approach anyone in ignorance.

Thanks for your reply Az and everyone else.

Your sister in Christ,

Alison :emot-highfive:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  149

Most of the missionary young people do not know all of thier doctrine, and they work very hard in thier mission work. I have often feed some since they often have to depend on people to feed them when they are out.

As have been done, or could be done with almost any denomination, leaders have spoken out of tern or even made statements that do not match thier written doctrine.

They do not have the same faith as most, but are more Christian than perhaps the churches who pretend to profess Christ but place homosexuals in leadership roles.

I would say, telling of your faith and what is great about it, is much better than cutting and pasting basic hate messages that are often twisted and misquoted.

• Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  318
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

when ive dealt with mormons in the past the funny thing is they sound like christians, it's not till you get to the nitty gritty that you find out their true colors

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  128
  • Birthday:  08/13/1976

That is so true soulwinner! :o They seem to be very moral and extremely nice. It would be nice to have them in our family.