IGNORED

What happens to those without knowledge of Christ?

grapeseed

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  104
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

swordfish quotes John 3:3.

In John 3:3 Jesus in not refering to everyone who has ever been born, and lived and died throughout the ages, not having know Him or the gospel. And He certinly is not applying this Scripture to them in any way.

In John 3;3 Jesus is talking to those who have heard and did know of Him. Notice in John 3:1-2 "There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews, who came to Jesus and said to Him, Rabbi, we know thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest except God be with Him."

Jesus answered him John 3:3. "Verily, verily, I say unto THEE, except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."

Jesus replied to Nicodemus; I say unto THEE, Nicodemus, and the many others like you, those who know at least as much as you know, not the billions who have died never knowing Me of God, or the gospel.

Nicodemus continued to try and trick Jesus with further questions and failed.

Finally in verse 10 Jesus answered and said to Nicodemus: "Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?"

See how clear it is when looked at honestly. Jesus was answering a man who knew God, and supposedly knew at least the Old testament. Jesus words in John 3;3 were not directed to innocent babies, women, children, men, of all nationalities and or religeous persuasion who have died never knowing Him, or the true God, and never having heard of the gospel.

Haz.

perhaps this scripture will speak for the children of both the believers as well as the non-believers

1 Corinthians 7:14 latter part of verse says, "else were your children unclean but now are they holy."

the children of believers are holy and will go to heaven as they are under the covering of their parents. the children of the unbelievers are not holy and will not go to heaven and the unbelieving parents will be responsible for their souls.

none of us are innocent before God. scripture teaches we are all guilty before God

Revelation 20:14,15

Edited by SwordFish

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,262
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I kind of got into this thread a bit late here, but from my viewpoint in having read the Bible several times..... Those people who have never heard the gospel are firmly placed into the loving hands of a most loving and just God who would never do anything unjust to anything or anyone.

So I don't dwell on the subject, for it's really none of my business...... and it might even be considered judging the Father Himself. Christanity is a personal walk with Jesus..... personal means between He and me..... He and you, and your walk with Him is none of my business. Your fruits in this life that would reflect on all our walks would be something to think aobut and discuss, but your walk with the Lord is just that..... your walk.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

Awesome, Sam. :whistling:

Guest mareesta

http://www.christianodyssey.com/images/joh...%20shepherd.jpg

THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD

The Lord is my shepherd,

I shall not want;

He makes me lie down in green pastures.

He leads me beside still waters;

He restores my soul.

He leads me in paths of righteousness

for His name's sake.

Even though I walk through the valley

of the shadow of death,

I fear no evil;

for You are with me;

Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me

all the days of my life;

and I shall dwell in the house of the

Lord forever.

Psalm 23

Edited by mareesta

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

Can anyone show me where in the Bible is specifically and clearly states that those who never heard of Jesus are condemned to hell???

I'm not referring to those verses that say you must "believe" or "accept"....both those terms imply that you have already heard and must now make a decision.

Anyone?

F

:wub:

I do not recall where it is written Fiosh but I recently read Jesus stating if they had not heard me witness these things they would not be guilty of sin. But they (I am assuming those who sought to kill him and did not believe He was the Christ) have heard the Truth and still do not believe therefore they are guilty of sin..I will keep looking and get the book and scripture.

blessings

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

Luke 12:47 "And that servant who knew his mater's will, and did not prepare himself or do according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.

48 "But he who did not know, yet committed things deserving of stripes, shall be beaten with few,

For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed , of him they will ask the more.

Here Christ is again using a parable. In the parable it is stated that the servants knew what was required of them by their master but did not do it.

If someone is unaware (as unlikely as it would seem today) of God and Christ they most likely will be held accountable for wrong doing. Will they burn in Hell, it is not clear but it would seem that there is grace in their ignorance and perhaps they still would be permitted to heaven.

However, as we move through the bible I am of the understanding that no one will remain ignorant of Him, at some point or another salvational knowledge is gained. Even the dead will be judged at the end of the millennial kingdom. So all will face judgement. Degree would most likely be determined by knowledge of God and/or belief in Christ and acts (sin or no sin, repented or no repentance) of each individual.

Edited by jackie d

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

You know, one thing I am sure of is this. Jesus Christ died for every man woman and child who accepts Him and His sacrifice for them. He also paid the death penalty for those who had never heard of Him, God the Father, or God the Holy Ghost, or the gospel, as long as they have, lived the good life on the basis of the light they have recieved and followed and obeyed their own conscience regarding good and evil in the society and in the age in which they lived. Romans 2:12-16 is very clear on this.

You see, Paul stated in Romans 2:12-16 that God will do the right thing by EVERY MAN according to the light he has recieved. Paul said, "For as many as have sinned WITH OUT LAW SHALL ALSO PERISH WITH OUT LAW: and as many as have sinned IN THE LAW SHALL BE JUDGED BY THE LAW; (For not the hearers of the law are JUST BEFORE GOD BUT THE DOERS OF THE LAW shall be justified. People who have never heard fo God, but who do the right thing in their society, and in the time they lived on the Earth shall be judged accordingly. For when the Gentiles which have NOT THE LAW, do BY NATURE the things contained in the law, these HAVING NOT THE LAW, are a law unto themselves: which shew the work of the law WRITTEN IN THEIR HEARTS, THEIR CONSCIENCE ALSO BEARING WITNESS, and their thoughts the meanwhile accusing or excusing one another;) In the day when God shall judge THE SECRETS OF MEN BY JESUS CHRIST ACCORDING TO MY GOSPEL!

Praise God for ever more, He is a Just and merciful God!

Haz.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

Can anyone show me where in the Bible is specifically and clearly states that those who never heard of Jesus are condemned to hell???

I'm not referring to those verses that say you must "believe" or "accept"....both those terms imply that you have already heard and must now make a decision.

Anyone?

F

:wub:

I do not recall where it is written Fiosh but I recently read Jesus stating if they had not heard me witness these things they would not be guilty of sin. But they (I am assuming those who sought to kill him and did not believe He was the Christ) have heard the Truth and still do not believe therefore they are guilty of sin..I will keep looking and get the book and scripture.

blessings

Hi Jackie,

Are you thinking of this passage?...

Jhn 9:40 And [some] of the Pharisees which were with him heard these words, and said unto him, Are we blind also?

Jhn 9:41 Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.

or maybe this one?...

Jhn 15:20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.

Jhn 15:21 But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.

Jhn 15:22 If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloke for their sin.

There are still multitudes who do not know Jesus as Lord. They may have heard His name, but only in the context of their own belief system. (for ex. as "prophet").

How will God judge that young Muslim who has never left Iraq, and has only heard what Islam teaches???? What if he loves God with all his heart and desires to serve Him?

Peace,

Fiosh

:taped:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  720
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  09/20/1947

Hazard,

Spot on!!! :wub:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Romans 2

God Is Kind, but Not Soft

1-2 Those people are on a dark spiral downward. But if you think that leaves you on the high ground where you can point your finger at others, think again. Every time you criticize someone, you condemn yourself. It takes one to know one. Judgmental criticism of others is a well-known way of escaping detection in your own crimes and misdemeanors. But God isn't so easily diverted. He sees right through all such smoke screens and holds you to what you've done.

3-4You didn't think, did you, that just by pointing your finger at others you would distract God from seeing all your misdoings and from coming down on you hard? Or did you think that because he's such a nice God, he'd let you off the hook? Better think this one through from the beginning. God is kind, but he's not soft. In kindness he takes us firmly by the hand and leads us into a radical life-change.

5-8You're not getting by with anything. Every refusal and avoidance of God adds fuel to the fire. The day is coming when it's going to blaze hot and high, God's fiery and righteous judgment. Make no mistake: In the end you get what's coming to you