IGNORED

Jesus-myth or "copycat savior" myth refuted.

tdrehfal

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  362
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/04/1955

The beauty of islam? Like when my muslim sister in law told me she was raising my neice and 2 nephews to be human shields? Yep thats a really nice image.

At the same time that I registered here as Ask An Atheist, I registered at a Sunni Muslim forum with the same purpose. Sad to say, I got a better welcome there.

The point is, dont be so closed-minded. Many, many Muslims are really nice people who will not try to impose their laws on other people.

For the chance of sounding very naive, :thumbsup: do you not normally have to be born into Islam?

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  362
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/04/1955

khalou,

I have to say this but I read in between lines I guess or else something else is going on here. You do have a very unique relationship going on I believe. As I prayed for you I really believe the Lord is still using you cause I sence the love of our Father still coming through. I know some people here are going to think I have flipped but I do not count myself religous at all. In fact when people introduce me to someone at times say that I am religous and I am not I am a believer of Jesus Christ. I know what He has done in my life and I know without a doubt there is more! But the biggest thing He has done is carried me through my grief when my husband died, of 23 years. He is faithful and true. I know you know this and I do not know why you are so determined to try and deny Him but like I keep saying I'm still standing for you in Jesus' name! Oh by the way I'm from southern Calif. born and raised! Where in Calif. are you if it is alright to ask?

Catch ya later got to get ready for work! :thumbsup:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.26
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

I'm not sure I want to go into it on a Christian board. Not necessarily for the reasons you describe, but because it is my truth, and my truth only. Others may share it, but none here wil, so it would only be fodder for negative reactions that I couldn't possibly counter.

May I ask what is the Divine fount of this Wisdom?

Sincerely does your Truth Trump the Truth of God Himself? You've fallen prey to Relativism. Your Truth has now become equivalent to the Truth of God Himself and any other Truth. Yet God commanded Adam not to eat from the Tree. Why? Because he became a God unto himself. As the Serpent has said;

Ge

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.26
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

You would also know that if you compared many of the other saviors in mans history such as Buddha, Ishtar, Horus and others which predated Jesus their life histories are almost a carbon copy of Jesus himself.

Really? Which one of them rose from the dead conquering sin, hell, and death?

When one of them speaks does the Creation stop and listen? Will heaven and earth flee before their face?

Peace,

Dave

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

I have over the last several months been doing research over the internet about the theory that Jesus somehow

was some copycat or myth. If you do your research objectively to find truth, without personal bias, you will come

If you had really done your homework as claimed you would know for a fact that there have been at least 18 other saviors in mans history all of which predated Jesus. You would also know that if you compared many of the other saviors in mans history such as Buddha, Ishtar, Horus and others which predated Jesus their life histories are almost a carbon copy of Jesus himself. If you don't believe what you find online then do as I have always done and go to your local library. Are you aware that the following historians alive at the time of Jesus wrote not one word of him? How can this be. Jesus supposedly shook up the world.

Apollonius Persius

Appian Petronius

Arrian Phaedrus

Aulus Gellius Philo-Judaeus

Columella Phlegon

Damis Pliny the Elder

Dio Chrysostom Pliny the Younger

Dion Pruseus Plutarch

Epictetus Pompon Mela

Favorinus Ptolemy

Florus Lucius Quintilian

Hermogones Quintius Curtius

Josephus Seneca

Justus of Tiberius Silius Italicus

Juvenal Statius

Lucanus Suetonius

Lucian Tacitus

Lysias Theon of Smyran

Martial Valerius Flaccus

Paterculus Valerius Maximus

Pausanias

Even the words of Josephus are considered forgeries. Do the homework as to why this is so.Remember atheists aren't atheists to be spitful , atheists are atheists because the evidence is not there.

How is Budda's life a carbon copy of Jesus?. Please demonstrate how any of the others fulfilled all of the OT rophecies for the coming Jewish Messiah

Gloves are off from here on in. I can't believe that you can get yourself up in the morning if you can't see how ridiculous what you just said would be to a hammock. I'm thinking that you're either drunk or insane.

You need to think about what I'm saying. Science can't take us very far in this world. It can't. How could it? It is a discipline that requires that nothing is certain, and only things that always work even get to be called theories. Science explains a very small percentage of all possible knowledge

Science is the sum of human knowledge. Wisdom is another matter.

Do yourself a favor and read what the other person writes. Scientists used to think that bleeding was a good thing for cryin' out loud. Like I said, science knows very little.

And the point of my statement was that science was constantly revising what they trusted (put their faith in) as true...and that there were competing streams within science so they can't all be right.

Thanks for proving the point.

If you want to know what science is (which would help you greatly in debating about it) why don't you study what science might be these days? If you don't, then why are you talking about something that you know nothing about?

I'm not talking about science. I'm talking about how impotent science is to explaining the supernatural. Not much difference in that and you talking about God.

Does it make you happy to sound so desperately ignorant?

Does it make you happy to sound so desparately arrogant?

I think you need to stop arguing about evolution because you aren't willing to read what it's all about.

When there is a Triassic fossil found in a Jurassic layer, then evolution will cease to be even a theory.

Evolution claims that all life evolved from a single living organism. Fish grew legs and walked upright and turned into monkeys which turned into humans.

Just pointing out that it is still a theory missing some very important pieces of the puzzle and therefore can not be considered fact.

Thousands of scientists all over the world of different backgrounds and different religions would have had to agree to this secret pact.

kinda like they did with bleeding as a medicinal cure?

Remember atheists aren't atheists to be spiteful , atheists are atheists because the evidence is not there.

Atheists are atheists because they don't want to be "shackled" by moral dilemnas

• Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

It doesn't come naturally? Then why is love your enemy such an ancient concept? If the guidance of the Holy Spirit is such a requirement, then how did these concepts occur before Jesus sent the Holy Spirit to humans?

Yes, it doesn't come naturally--that is why it is a command from Jesus Himself, the one with all authority---and it is a behaviour we can only do by the power of the Holy Spirit. Before the Holy Spirit came, we had the Son: same person! Those who heard the command from Jesus' own lips would certainly have been surprised by it, as it was not in the commandments given to Moses, but they would have been spurred on to obedience by the Son Himself! I know, I sure would have, if I was sitting at His feet and He told me that!

• Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Why should I dress up the truth? You are under the influence of Satan...no doubt about it.

:emot-hug:

I feel so sorry that you can't see that my beliefs might have merit! Have fun living your closed-minded life!

How can you be so...... arrogant? Condescending? Pigheaded? What is wrong with you, that you cannot debate in an honest fashion without calling the other side tools of Satan?

Why waste my time debating with people who are not interested in finding Salvation? It's not me who is pig-headed. I am wearing the pearls, and I am keeping them!

Excuse me, I am off to have some fun now---and maybe introduce someone to Jesus in the meantime---someone who wants the answers in life!

Blind! Still blind! Mercy!

But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the veil is upon their heart." (2 Corinthians 3:15 )

Hope! Grace! Grace!

"Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the veil shall be taken away."(2 Corinthians 3:16 )

Salvation! Jesus! Jesus! Jesus!

"Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty." (2 Corinthians 3:17 )

The offer is still open! However, the door knob is on your side!

"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." (Revelation 3:20 )