• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  66
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/05/1967

Really?? Where??

I have pics of family members on the wall, both living and dead!! They are not worshipped nor are they graven images, but simply pics.

We are told to NOT worship graven images, not that we aren't allowed to have a despiction on the wall.

Were in the bible does it say "graven images" without it talking about "worshiping" or "other gods"

Edited by amdntstr

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  108
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Angels service God and we are not to worship them.

In Matthew 28:18, Christ said, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth." Our Savior has complete control over all spirit beings. We should, therefore, direct all our requests for our needs to God, not to angels.

Revelation 19:10

10Then I fell prostrate at his feet to worship (to pay divine honors) to him, but he [restrained me] and said, Refrain! [You must not do that!] I am [only] another servant with you and your brethren who have [accepted and hold] the testimony borne by Jesus. Worship God! For the substance (essence) of the truth revealed by Jesus is the spirit of all prophecy [the vital breath, the inspiration of all inspired preaching and interpretation of the divine will and purpose, including both mine and yours].

Revelation 22:8

8And I, John, am he who heard and witnessed these things. And when I heard and saw them, I fell prostrate before the feet of the messenger (angel) who showed them to me, to worship him. 9But he said to me, Refrain! [You must not do that!] I am [only] a fellow servant along with yourself and with your brethren the prophets and with those who are mindful of and practice [the truths contained in] the messages of this book. Worship God!

Hebrews 1:5-7

5For to which of the angels did [God] ever say, You are My Son, today I have begotten You [established You in an official Sonship relation, with kingly dignity]? And again, I will be to Him a Father, and He will be to Me a Son? [iI Sam. 7:14; Ps. 2:7.] 6Moreover, when He brings the firstborn Son [d]again into the habitable world, He says, Let all the angels of God worship Him. 7Referring to the angels He says, [God] Who makes His angels winds and His ministering servants flames of fire;(A)

Kate :thumbsup:

On life's busy thoroughfares we meet with angels unawares. . . .

Helen Steiner Rice

Colossians 2:18 Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,

If you have a picture of an angel, or a figurine, or a statue, or a charm that you wear around your neck is it wrong?

• Group:  Members

Helen Steiner Rice

Colossians 2:18 Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,

If you have a picture of an angel, or a figurine, or a statue, or a charm that you wear around your neck is it wrong?

The question is... do we worship them? No. Even in Revelation the bible says No.

It is also not good to have figurines and statues according to the commandments of God to not make images of things in heaven... including what some people think Jesus looks like and angels. Most figurines are female looking in regards to angels, so that is incorrect as well. In the bible they always appear in the form of men.

I would also stay away from charms of angels or any kind of charms. Think of what the word means.

May I have scripture of this please?? NOt trying to be hard headed, but as I have never ran across such scripture or ever heard of this before, I would like to see if for myself. Then I shall believe that depictions of angels are unbiblical.

I know that we are not to worship them, this has never been my question, only having dispictions of them.

Thank you!!

Deb

Helen Steiner Rice

The question is... do we worship them? No. Even in Revelation the bible says No.

It is also not good to have figurines and statues according to the commandments of God to not make images of things in heaven... including what some people think Jesus looks like and angels. Most figurines are female looking in regards to angels, so that is incorrect as well. In the bible they always appear in the form of men.

I would also stay away from charms of angels or any kind of charms. Think of what the word means.

May I have scripture of this please?? NOt trying to be hard headed, but as I have never ran across such scripture or ever heard of this before, I would like to see if for myself. Then I shall believe that depictions of angels are unbiblical.

I know that we are not to worship them, this has never been my question, only having dispictions of them.

Thank you!!

Deb

Exodus 20:4 You shall not make for yourself a carved image, "any" likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

Deuteronomy 4:16 lest you act corruptly and make for yourselves a carved image in the form of any figure, the likeness of male or female.

"You shall not make for yourself" clearly states that we are not suppose to have these things.

Angels are always portrayed as female. Having a figure of something from heaven in the form of a female is an act of corruption.

Whether you worship them or not, simply having them is wrong.

And this has nothing to do with pictures of your family or friends.

The bible is filled with references pertaining to images and idol worship. These things are wrong and should have no part in a believer's walk.

If you want to have these things around, then by all means, have'em....but as for me, I choose not too.

God had Moses make a bronze serpent and later on that serpent was destroyed because people started worshiping it. They even gave it a name.

I'm not getting down on anyone here. A question was asked and I'm simply giving an answer. If you choose not to accept it, that's up to you. But the bible does talk against having these things.

• Group:  Members

1. I am not talking about idol worship, besides, idols do not have to be "graven images".

2. I will look up the passages to get the context and will get back with you. Thank you for giving me a starting point to start my reasearch. :th_frusty:

p.s. I do not get offended when given scripture!! I am the first one to bring up scripture and to tell you to research the scriptures yourself. :emot-hug: I would rather be given scripture so that I may check it out for myself than to be told that you are right and expect me to take your word on it. :emot-hug: Please do not get offended when I ask for Scripture, for I shall ALWAYS ask for it. :)