• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

http://www.christianexaminer.com/Articles/...t_Nov06_12.html

Controversial new Dutch Bible cuts out difficult gospel passages

A new Bible translation produced in Holland that aims to be more attractive and market-oriented is causing controversy after it cut out difficult parts surrounding economic justice, possessions and money.

(snip)

Chairman W. R De Rijke said the foundation has reacted to a growing wish of many churches to be market-oriented and more attractive.

"Jesus was very inspiring for our inner health, but we don't need to take his na

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  150
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

"I am a fellow servant with you and with your brothers the prophets and of all who keep the words of this book. (emphasis mine)" Rev 22:8 :37:

Well its just another attempt to one up God, we men are so prideful and arrogant and in this lets add ignorant. The scripture warns against this type of thing and they are not the first to add or take away from God's word to suit their own purposes.

Thanks for sharing this post with us.

Blessings, Beth

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Wow! It seems most Christians ignore the "difficult parts" anyway, but to actually remove them! These people are exposing themselves to some serious judgment. Typical liberal reasoning though; they'll do the thinking for everybody else.

• Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,582
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  1

I am very sad to read this.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  52
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

is this another method of domesticating the word of god or christianity?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

True christians accept all of what the bible says. I do.

The point of this new version is highlight that Christians don't follow some of the Bible. Anyway, most Christians, other than the most liberal, insist that they accept all of what the Bible says, but few do. For example, the majority of Evangelical Christians reject Galatians 3:29. It's a major point of doctrine that is repeated many times in the Bible, such as John 8.

the bottom line on the highlight of this new version...is to make a mockery of the word of God. It is designed to show people that they can do what they want, when they want and to whom they want. After all, look at the things that were removed

In it, some of the most important passages of the Bible: the Ten Commandments, sections of Isaiah, Proverbs, and the Sermon on the Mount, contain holes where the original translation urged radical actions around money, justice or affluence.
action taken by man to remove what is written in the bible. Come on...it is to downplay and make light of the Word. I for one am appalled.

woe to those who add or subtract to the word of God...they price WILL be heavy..

Even so, come Lord Come!!

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

Thanks for sharing this with us Ayin Jade,

It's no surprise that people would start doing this outwardly. It's been along time thing that if one does not like something they read in the Bible they ignore it and they tear it out in their spirits and hearts anyway. Stands to reason that an outward manefestation in the natural was only around the corner. In the future ahead I wonder if any of the Bible will be left after man gets done with it as they are doing in their hearts already. The concept is if you don't like what is on that page of the Bible tear it out and ignore it. One page at a time the Word is slowly being torn away by those who are lifted up in the pride of their own souls.

OC

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  108

http://www.christianexaminer.com/Articles/...t_Nov06_12.html

Controversial new Dutch Bible cuts out difficult gospel passages

A new Bible translation produced in Holland that aims to be more attractive and market-oriented is causing controversy after it cut out difficult parts surrounding economic justice, possessions and money.

(snip)

Chairman W. R De Rijke said the foundation has reacted to a growing wish of many churches to be market-oriented and more attractive.

"Jesus was very inspiring for our inner health, but we don't need to take his na

Edited by Sweet Servent

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  108

I have been predicting for years that the result of all the modern translations would be the printing of new Bibles tailored to fit the audience.

On the bright side, no "tailored" (talk about euphemisms) translation that has been widely accepted. Practically no one will buy this abridged version that this thread is about.

I would disagree with that assumption. It will likely wind up in Christian Book stores, along side other translations. People will pick it up and see it as just another modern English Bible. They will purchase it in good faith, and be trusting in a lie. Also, as I have already pointed out, the current modern versions already leave out portions of scripture but are more deceptive and claim they do so because "the most reliable manuscripts leave them out."

That is why I am thankful to have a good Christian Book store in my area that won't sell anything but the King James Version Bibles. They won't even order modern translations when a customer requests it. We need more Christians to follow suit. While they have a Baptist bias, and I am not Baptist, I have a great deal of respect for their standing up for principle over money.

What about the amplified? Which one is the most accurate?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

I have been predicting for years that the result of all the modern translations would be the printing of new Bibles tailored to fit the audience.

On the bright side, no "tailored" (talk about euphemisms) translation that has been widely accepted. Practically no one will buy this abridged version that this thread is about.

I would disagree with that assumption. It will likely wind up in Christian Book stores, along side other translations. People will pick it up and see it as just another modern English Bible. They will purchase it in good faith, and be trusting in a lie. Also, as I have already pointed out, the current modern versions already leave out portions of scripture but are more deceptive and claim they do so because "the most reliable manuscripts leave them out."

That is why I am thankful to have a good Christian Book store in my area that won't sell anything but the King James Version Bibles. They won't even order modern translations when a customer requests it. We need more Christians to follow suit. While they have a Baptist bias, and I am not Baptist, I have a great deal of respect for their standing up for principle over money.

We are not going to turn this into a KJV-only thread are we? I won't be throwing away my NIV, or my ESV, or my NASB, or my Amplified bible or even my KJV anytime soon. The NIV is not watered down, it doesn't have parts 'cut out.' So let's not go there, ok? It's easier to read. It's that simple.

that's exactly what is happening.. :24: