• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,580
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/13/1960

I'd like to make a point here. No one on this forum, and I mean no one, follows 100% of the rules set down in the Old Testament, nor even attempts to do so. In fact, to try and follow those rules would be to give yourself a one-way ticket to a federal prison.

Leviticus 20:10

And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

Leviticus 20:13

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Leviticus 21:16-23 states that no handicapped person, nor even someone with acne for crying out loud, can approach the altar of God.

Leviticus 24:16

And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him: as well the stranger, as he that is born in the land, when he blasphemeth the name of the Lord, shall be put to death.

Now, I certainly hope nobody here obeys any of these rules, because I don't want to live anywhere near them. In fact, according to God's rules laid down in the Old Testament, I'm due a stoning right about now for blaspheming, as I'm sure I've done it sometime in my life.

Also, examine the placement of the rules against homosexuality. If you obey that rule, then logically, the other rules in that section must be obeyed as well.

Read Leviticus and tell me it makes ANY sense to obey, even the part about homosexuality. I'd know, I used to read it for fun during church services.

The Bible was meant to be followed 100% by every person in every age. The verses you chose speak to what would be criminal and punishable under the Theocracy God originally designed Israel to be.

Not even the people who lived at the very same time the Bible was written kept EVERY commandment. How could they? Some of the commandments only applie to women, some only to priests, some commandments only apply to those who have children, some only apply to those who own livestock or farm the fields. Not every commandment is applicable to every person. You are only responsible for those commandments that speak to your individual situation.

Also not everything in the Bible is for the Church. Some of the commandments were only meant to belong to Israel, and some only to Israel when Israel was a Theocracy.

Really, using the argument that we don't follow all of the Bible as means of discrediting our position is useless, because it demonstrates that you are trying to handle a book you really don't understand.

I love this Bro!! :thumbsup:

Waaaaaaaaaaaay cool :wub:

P.S. sis, your link is awesome, you should post it :thumbsup:

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  1,580
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/13/1960

:ph34r::emot-heartbeat::mgqueen::emot-heartbeat::34::king:

One by one the troops come fallin in..... Warning warning

This thread is not about homosexuality. I believe it is about Prophesies Fulfilled. Though I appreciate your reply, please stay on the topic or begin a new one :thumbsup:

Thank you kindly from

macstoogies, macqueenies, macfuddies, mackings, etc...etc...

:):wub:

• 4 weeks later...

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Paul wasn't the only person in the Bible who spoke out against homosexuality. God Himself did, more than once. In fact, that's the reason He destroyed Sodom and Gommorrah.

I just wanted to add to respond to this again. God

Forgive me if this has already been brought up...

The anonymous Gospel writers would not have a hard time writing the life of Christ to conform with the OT prophecies, because all the Gospels were written "after the fact" so to speak. The prophecy argument thus falls flat on its face. :cool:

The birth of Christ Himself is a fulfilled prophecy. What gospel writer would decide to have Him born in Bethlehem? He was, as prophecy foretold. End of story! If you are trying to say that the wonderful saints who wrote the Gospels were attempting to conform with OT prophetic word, you are absolutely wrong. There was no conforming--Jesus fulfilled it all Himself.

Seems to me, you spend a lot of time attempting to instill seeds of doubt in believers here in Worthy. I've got your number.

The birth of Christ Himself is a fulfilled prophecy. What gospel writer would decide to have Him born in Bethlehem? He was, as prophecy foretold. End of story! If you are trying to say that the wonderful saints who wrote the Gospels were attempting to conform with OT prophetic word, you are absolutely wrong. There was no conforming--Jesus fulfilled it all Himself.

A Gospel writer who wanted him to conform to prophecy, and thus make him appear to be the Messiah? It's not a bad thing that this was done - people in the Middle East and Mediterranean made up new religions all the time.

Seems to me, you spend a lot of time attempting to instill seeds of doubt in believers here in Worthy. I've got your number.

See, that's the Christianity meme talking. I'm threatening its chances of reproducing so it's got you thiking I'm on a mission from Satan. Fascinating, no?

Not so fascinating. I call it ugly. Sowing doubt is a bad thing.

A gospel writer could not possibly do all that you say! Jesus fulfilled something like 500 prophecies. I believe more than that. A large proportion of them were regarding His own birth. Jesus is the Promised One and He confirmed all prophecy on His very own, thanks.