• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  490
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/25/1990

I am with kittylover on this one. The truth needs to be spoken and people can make choices from what they learn.

I guess I should mention that I am now praying that every minister of God who is continuing in unrepentant sin of whatever sort will come forward or be exposed.

We don't have time for their garbage any more and if they be of God they will speak with David and be grateful for truth over lies. If they be not of God, we need to know that now.

Come Holy Spirit with a great wind of cleansing!

I understand the whole defensive thing, but I don't understand why it is called intolerant to stand up for what you beleive in...

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

If any person who stands behind a pulpit and calls hiself a pastor and contends you don't need Christ to obtain salvation, I'll *slam* him publically and I don't care if he's got the biggest following in the world. I don't intend to name names, now, but it is being done.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  04/19/1948

If any person who stands behind a pulpit and calls hiself a pastor and contends you don't need Christ to obtain salvation, I'll *slam* him publically and I don't care if he's got the biggest following in the world. I don't intend to name names, now, but it is being done.

:emot-highfive:

Normally i will not respond to a thread like this. However, this time because i know a bit of the background of the question, i will.

Speaking for myself, i will address a false teaching in a heartbeat. If the teaching is false it needs to be exposed. At one time, i would address the issue of who these false teachers are. However, in keeping with the TOS, it is easier for me to expose the teaching and let the reader determine whether the teaching is false and seeing the teacher as false as well. The hard part is figuring out who the promotors of these teachings are and what the ultimate teaching leads toward.

I agree that God's Word will not return void. But it is the power of God's word that is the key..not the individual. However, if God's Word in any way is distorted or disguised to fit an individuals platform and is false doctrine it must be exposed.

There is a list of such teachers who are primarily teleevangelists and authors promoting false doctine. Their purpose is more about money than it is ministry. There is a much smaller group fitting into these same catagories who promote the truth without having to make money a priority over ministry.

In keeping with the TOS, this post has addressed the issue and done so without naming names tho i do not object personally to naming names. We all have different backgrounds and takes on things. These issues are not personal...nor should they be. God's Word is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow..and is beneficial as has been pointed out for teaching, doctrine and reproof. Let's make God's Word the priority not personal agendas!

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I for one am very upset by the critical comments made about people who are Christians and are serving the Lord publically in ministry. These people, whether or not they are found to be in error, need our prayer! The devil roams about like a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour. These public men and women of God are people with bullseyes on them! We must do spiritual warfare on their behalf, or the devil will pick them all off one by one. Sometimes their weakness is the fact that their own church is not praying for them.

Nehemiah rebuilt the walls of Jerusalem by appointing watchmen upon the walls and warriors from among the people as "intercessors"--armed and standing in the gaps!

If we were doing that instead of criticizing and heaping condemnation upon us by doing so, these people wouldn't become victims of the self-righteous.

At first I agreed with this one more, not to say that it's wrong or stupid, but since I don't even know for certain what this thread is really about (only after reading through all the posts did I get the gist that it might mainly be about attacking preachers and other ministers and people of authority like them for preaching false doctrine and all that) I'm still unsure what to say on either side. I think now it's fair to agree with the others in pointing out that it is better to "slam" false movements if the preachers really are saying very wrong things like salvation can come for people without Christ, mainly because of the danger they could pose to new believers who fall into their traps, or just by misleading others who find their false doctrine more comforting than truth. I think it is an evil thing to twist the Word of Christ to please the will and desires of men. It is awful and something that a person shouldn't be let off for easily. It's not right that people who twist the Word of God around like that are allowed to do so. Sure, it's kind of up to the parishoner to figure that at out at some point, but how long could that take? and what if they died before they ever learned that what they were being told was all a lie?

IF this is about also just individuals who say things from time to time that are not in accord with the Word then I do not agree that it is a good or right thing to slam them. They should just be corrected lovingly and prayed for, and if they go too far then some other direction should be taken with them. Interesting thread though. I wonder if there's any warning for people who might get caught up in even what some televangelists are saying that is wrong? They actually used to worry me lots, and it was not comfortable to watch their programs because always at the end the show just appeared to be like a sales pitch, or one was given at the end of the program. More like a businessman than a decent preacher type who just needed support for his honest ministry, I guess.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

Normally i will not respond to a thread like this. However, this time because i know a bit of the background of the question, i will.

Speaking for myself, i will address a false teaching in a heartbeat. If the teaching is false it needs to be exposed. At one time, i would address the issue of who these false teachers are. However, in keeping with the TOS, it is easier for me to expose the teaching and let the reader determine whether the teaching is false and seeing the teacher as false as well. The hard part is figuring out who the promotors of these teachings are and what the ultimate teaching leads toward.

I agree that God's Word will not return void. But it is the power of God's word that is the key..not the individual. However, if God's Word in any way is distorted or disguised to fit an individuals platform and is false doctrine it must be exposed.

There is a list of such teachers who are primarily teleevangelists and authors promoting false doctine. Their purpose is more about money than it is ministry. There is a much smaller group fitting into these same catagories who promote the truth without having to make money a priority over ministry.

In keeping with the TOS, this post has addressed the issue and done so without naming names tho i do not object personally to naming names. We all have different backgrounds and takes on things. These issues are not personal...nor should they be. God's Word is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow..and is beneficial as has been pointed out for teaching, doctrine and reproof. Let's make God's Word the priority not personal agendas!

:48: Great post!

I for one am very upset by the critical comments made about people who are Christians and are serving the Lord publically in ministry. These people, whether or not they are found to be in error, need our prayer! The devil roams about like a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour. These public men and women of God are people with bullseyes on them! We must do spiritual warfare on their behalf, or the devil will pick them all off one by one. Sometimes their weakness is the fact that their own church is not praying for them.

Nehemiah rebuilt the walls of Jerusalem by appointing watchmen upon the walls and warriors from among the people as "intercessors"--armed and standing in the gaps!

If we were doing that instead of criticizing and heaping condemnation upon us by doing so, these people wouldn't become victims of the self-righteous.

At first I agreed with this one more, not to say that it's wrong or stupid, but since I don't even know for certain what this thread is really about (only after reading through all the posts did I get the gist that it might mainly be about attacking preachers and other ministers and people of authority like them for preaching false doctrine and all that) I'm still unsure what to say on either side. I think now it's fair to agree with the others in pointing out that it is better to "slam" false movements if the preachers really are saying very wrong things like salvation can come for people without Christ, mainly because of the danger they could pose to new believers who fall into their traps, or just by misleading others who find their false doctrine more comforting than truth. I think it is an evil thing to twist the Word of Christ to please the will and desires of men. It is awful and something that a person shouldn't be let off for easily. It's not right that people who twist the Word of God around like that are allowed to do so. Sure, it's kind of up to the parishoner to figure that at out at some point, but how long could that take? and what if they died before they ever learned that what they were being told was all a lie?

IF this is about also just individuals who say things from time to time that are not in accord with the Word then I do not agree that it is a good or right thing to slam them. They should just be corrected lovingly and prayed for, and if they go too far then some other direction should be taken with them. Interesting thread though. I wonder if there's any warning for people who might get caught up in even what some televangelists are saying that is wrong? They actually used to worry me lots, and it was not comfortable to watch their programs because always at the end the show just appeared to be like a sales pitch, or one was given at the end of the program. More like a businessman than a decent preacher type who just needed support for his honest ministry, I guess.

Heart i think we can understand a misstatement. When it becomes part of a person's belief system and is false that is where i think the problem is. Again, it is the belief that has to be addressed and it can be done in a kind way!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  819
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

It kinda makes me wonder. I've noticed some threads are no longer present that I've either initated or posted replies in. There's is no explanation. I don't know if it's what I said or something someone posted after me that I never saw. It's really no big deal as I can live with it, but it would be interesting to know. I assume if I was the actual perpetrator a mod would at least PM me to let me know.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  07/18/1956

To me......the most miss understood verse in the bible is do not judge..I was talking to a "christian" lady the other day and we were discussing false doctrine........I said if you as a believer saw me and I was say,bowing to a false God would you not tell me..she said no ...thats your choice.I disagree as "christians I believe that we are suppose to point out the false teaching....... again just my views

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  01/22/1965

Kitty, you go on stating the truth, that is your requirement as Paul believed also. I have been in that position and was reviled for it, but eventually the person saw what I thought was the truth and either thanked me later, or had a discussion saying they understood. You seem a wise and thoughtful person and I trust that God is leading you, not your pride or anger. Just remember to be gentle when you correct, and as I've observed from you, use Biblical truth for reproof and correction. You're doing great, keep it up :emot-hug: