• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  547
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  33,521
  • Content Per Day:  5.11
  • Days Won:  251
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

wow is your stomache shrinking Billie ..you are doing so well and as you said you would have finished it all off just a couple of weeks ago :wub:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

Thanks, Lynn. :rolleyes:

I actually haven't eaten anything today. The pizza made me kind of sick, too much grease. :emot-questioned: It tasted good at the time, but I guess it doesn't take long for my body to get used to not having that stuff.

Beverages only today:

32oz water

2 cups coffee

2/3 cup nonfat milk

2 tbsp sugar

20 oz coke

So I had some calories, just no nutrition. :thumbsup: Well, I suppose there were some good things in the milk.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  281
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  789
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

I found myself over booking my weekend with many wonderful activities. Friday, I said ok its fridays I deserve to go out and went for pizza for dinner and than a movie and got snacks there. I went to an all day workshop on Saturday about forgiveness. and than that evening going to a Bible study. Church twice on Sunday. With all this buzyiness I only had time to eat out the rest of the weekend and ended up being fast food all weekend. And when I was out all day Saturday I realized that I was an area were I did not know were any healthy places to eat were so it was fast food again.

I need to learn to say no to the over activity or regardless of where ever I go I need to be more prepared and pre pack a lunch and maybe enough for dinner.

Being a people please it is hard to say no, especially this time of year when everyone is having a food party. I want to go these partys but I know if I go I will most likely binge eat. any suggestions?

Being a people please it is hard to say no, especially this time of year when everyone is having a food party. I want to go these partys but I know if I go I will most likely binge eat. any suggestions?

What I've been doing is, before I go to the holiday get-togethers, is mentally prepare myself for what I'm going to have.

I make a committment to drink only water or a non-caloric beverage, like diet coke, Dr. Pepper, etc....

Then, I try to find out as much as I can about the food that'll be served. I find the more prepared I am, the better I fare at making the healthiest choices.

I commit to eating 1 plate only. I decide beforehand to fill my plate up with mostly vegetables, and to choose the leanest meats available. There usually aren't any whole grains at these shindigs, so I eat about as much starches as I do meat. I mostly pick the potato dishes, as I'm thinking they're better than any refined anything.

If there's something that looks good, that I think I must have, and it isn't healthy, I only take a little. This is usually good enough. I've found if I try to deny myself totally, I end up caving in and eating too much of whatever I was trying to avoid.

I didn't do as well as I would've liked for Thanksgiving, but looking back, I did a lot better than I usually do, using these strategies. This is what worked the best so far for me. Maybe it can help you. :)

Today:

2 crescent rolls with cheese and ham

32 oz water

1 grande mocha with sugar-free hazelnut syrup from Starbucks

1 chicken breast

1 squash

16 oz latte

1/2 cup spaghetti(white)

1/4 cup spaghetti sauce

1/4 cup Italian sausage

1/2 cup garlic bread

1 can Diet Dr. Pepper

Darrin's home for a couple of days. This is nice, but presents a host of new challenges. He loves food, just like I used to. He isn't necessarily as interested in making healthy food choices as I am. I now must take even greater resposibility for what goes into my mouth. Unhealthy food will be in the house, and I'll have to cook it. We shall see............. :)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  454
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  04/19/1985

billie I'm taking a nutrition class right now. With your meats only eat about the size of your palm. From the sounds of it you've cut out alot of the bad food. But looking at it seems like there's alot of sodium in it or salt rather. Try to cut that out next cooking with fresh food. You'll be suprised at how slowly but surely the weight will come off. I went on the South Beach Diet and lost about 10 pds exercising and another 20 just from cutting out sodas and salt and sugar. I can't handle alot of either now or real heavy foods. Make sure to get small portions too. I overexerted myself at Thanksgiving caused my stomach to have the dumping syndrome. So it sounds like your doing well and congradulations. :):thumbsup::rolleyes::th_praying:

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  547
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  33,521
  • Content Per Day:  5.11
  • Days Won:  251
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

Billie try experimenting with different spices and herbs, lots of good ideas on the web you may find that Darren actually enjoys the healthier options when they are so much tastier than the junk foods and by using herbs you can cut out almost all the salt...I have to buy just one box of salt every two or three years :whistling:

Thanks, guys. I'll try cutting out that stuff, and using more fresh veggies and herbs. :laugh:

Last night:

1 apple

2 tbsp chocolate pudding

1 Balance bar

This morning:

1 bowl cereal(the sugary kind :blink: )

with whole milk :24:

1 cup coffee with alittle sugar

whole milk again :24:

1 Balance bar

Hasn't gone so well so far today. Please pray for me, for self-control. :24: