IGNORED

WAR WITH IRAQ

jesusson

WAR WITH IRAQ  

1. 1. WAR WITH IRAQ

• Yes a war is Definitely a must
    • No a war  with iraq is not a good idea

Hi Lan

Regardless of the out come of all of this I will exist but possibly not in this realm. Christ defeated death so I need not worry about that. As far as taking out a dictator it is highly unlikely that SH does not have an escape hatch already in existence hidden behind all the civilains. Unfortunately most of those do not have Jesus and that is where the real problem lies, all those other worldly concerns are unimportant next to this. Again I'm going to say I have not been called to be a soldier on the physical plane, but in the spiritual. Because of that I can not risk harboring bad feelings towards others regardless of their nationality. We have kings and nations because it is our nature, but God made all of humanity and He is concerned with all of us, not just the Americans.

As to the other my nephew and his wife have both been called. He is an officer and she is a nurse. They are leaving behind a son with my sister. And Lan because of family involvement here I have had to struggle and pray alot to get where I'm at with all of this. I consider it a God given gift to be able to see and feel beyond my own borders and family. I know for a fact it was not a part of my nature before I was saved. My battle cry back then was me and mine. Being able to go beyond national or religious pride has given me the gift of seeing the little people behind even the ugliest dictator. And all I can say is there will be alot of weeping and mourning even if we can't see it on CNN when the bombs drop from the sky.

Love in Yeshua

Shilou

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  400
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

I am also a Christian first, and an American next. This world is not our home, I would agree, but that is a spiritual statement. We still have to live here, have houses, jobs, ect. Implying that because we are Christians we can't kill, when necessary (in the case of war, or in the line of duty for police), is fine for you shilou. But, know this, God said there is a time for war, and we need to stand behind our troops in the very hard job they have to do. I feel no ill will, or hatred toward even this terrible man Saddam. Neither do I feel hatred towards the likes of Hitler. But, my honest opinion looking back says, America stayed out of that war too long, to save our own skins, and millions of Jews died. We didn't get involved in that European war, till the Japanese bombed us. You can choose to stay out of politics, because they are worldly, but you have made political statements, about Christ's commands for the church,that when applied to this nation, mean this nation will be ruled by despots and tyrants.

P. S. I am not a Calvinist, I believe we still make our own choices, and everything results included, is our responsibility.

Guest Shawneeda

According to Rush Limbaugh... the Iraqis have three ships out on the high seas going no where.  And the ships are loaded ....with  what....no one knows.  America and England are keeping track of these ships.  I don't know how true this is, but I see no reason that Limbaugh would lie about it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

She has been baptized and believes deeply in Christ. She like many of our soldiers didn't look at the big picture but was looking for help with schooling.

I've heard this before and, I'm sorry, but I have a MAJOR problem with this. And that most definately is NOT "many" of our soldiers attitude.

My son serves. He and the other servicemen are there because they have a true calling in their heart to serve their country. They have a servants' heart. I spent a lot of time with the recruiter and I know personally that these kids are heavily screened as to their motives - and if it came out that they joined up to 'endure' it to get almost-free schooling, they would NOT be encouraged to join.

I pondered over whether to keep my mouth shut on this, but to just state it like that - like that was an acceptable reason to put on the uniform just upset me. My son's life may be on the line. To think that it is in the hands of someone who didn't want to be there and was just "in it for the G.I Bill" is very, VERY upsetting. I just felt that I had to say that. I would encourage anyone with those motives to not join the military, but seek other ways to get their education.

Lana, I agree with everything in your last post.

However,

P. S. I am not a Calvinist, I believe we still make our own choices, and everything results included, is our responsibility.

You misunderstand Calvinists. I am a Calivinist, and "I believe we make our own choices, and everything results included, is our responsibility" also. You implied that we don't believe that. That is a misrepresentation. You may be thinking of the hyper-Calvinists, I don't know. I never met one - I don't think they are very common.

WIP

Sorry but I know many many young people who used the military to go to college. And I don't know what recruiter you spoke with but I'm sure he did the same with you as with all the rest. Said what you wanted to hear. Recruiters earn a commission just like a car sales man. They camp out in high schools and offer all kinds of incentives to join up. My son had considered it as a way to pay for school and decided against it. He was hounded for two years, I was also hounded to speak to him. The recruiter went as far as coming to my place of employment. This does not mean that once there they were not well trained nor does it mean they don't deserve to wear the uniform. But because of the way most of America is today the military has to offer up some incentive otherwise our mostly self-centered youth wouldn't pay them a bit of attention. And I am not saying your son is of this variety but sadly most are including my niece. At least the military is now requiring kids to have graduated from high school and not have a criminal record.

Lan I need to really make something clear to you. I do pray for our soldiers and everyone else involved. I just don't have this national pride thing going on. We all in the service of God have been called to different tasks. Christ gave us a good example of overcoming national prejudice with the samaritan womam at the well. Jews would not speak to them, but Jesus offered this woman who had had four husbands, was living with a man who was not her husband, and was a woman and a Samaritan, a dispicable sinner in the eyes of the Jews the water of life. King David lost his opportunity to build a temple for God because of what? 1 Chronicles 28:3 But God said to me, You are not to build a house for my Name, because you are a warrior and have shed blood.

God did not turn away from him, nor did David lose his salvation or love from God. He just lost an opportunity to serve in a more glorified way. He lost a blessing. So I do not think the soldiers of our country are going to be damned or anything like that. But not all of us are called to this. Does that make sense. Your husband has been called to be a chaplain there, you have been called to support his ministry and I have been called to intercessary prayer. Just different jobs in the body of Christ. God has His reasons why He puts different things on our hearts. Could we possibly be ok with that and trust He knows what he is doing?

Love in Yeshua

Shilou

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Just a few observations, trying to keep it objective, and keep it to what Christians all around the world can have unity of the Spirit on, and not just Americans:

1. Saddam Hussein is indeed a maniac.

Yes, I know and understand how recruiters are. I  also know the standards they hold. Of course, I'm talking about the Marine Corps, and every branch is different.

Since I have very strong opinions on the type of youth you describe, and since this can be emotional (since my son's life may rely on them), I'd best not say anymore on this topic. Thank you for your reply. :exclaimation:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Martyr said:

<<  we will have some wackos in here saying, "the U.S. is under attack, but I am going to turn the other cheek."  >>

Martyr, this post of yours is shocking to me.

I don't want to be one of whatever you are.

Martyr, I will be happy to stand beside you and "be one of whatever you are".

God gave us a brain to use. A brain to understand and discern and apply Scripture. A brain that says - "when an intruder threatens my life and the life of my family, this is not the context of "turn the other cheek". "

God Bless, Martyr.