Arthur Durnan

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

Sure, things are still moving at a very slow pace. Are you basing that rate on what they're moving at presently? A worldwide flood would certainly hasten everything wouldn't it?

No, not continental drift. That is the crust moving. Water has nothing to do with that.

Yes, the oceans (which are water) still taking shape have everything to do with it. Regardless, don't you think a global flood might cause the continents to separate a whole lot quicker?

You still haven't provided any sources. (links)

I'll copy and repaste that paragraph as I don't believe I really need to provide sources for a lot that's on that list.

The canopy theory is a bust. For there to be that much water in the atmosphere, it would have to be very hot on earth to keep the water up there. So now you say it never rained? So then how could anything survive to go on the ark in the first place? No rain=no plants=no herbivores=no carnivores. Please, it had to rain, or we wouldn't exist right now.

The rock strata show no sign of a global flood. How do you explain this? Do you really think a mountain the size of Mount Everst could form in a couple thousand years? It would take millions and millions of years, because the plates move so slow.

Yes, right now they do move slow. Again, a global flood would move things quickly. We can't assume everything moves at the rate it moves today or forms today.

So your saying one species evolved into 1000's of subspecies? Dogs did come from one common ancestor, but that first species didn't come from nowhere, it evolved from another animal, and it would take a lot longer for the dogs to fan out and evolve into the thousands of species in the time after the ark landed allows.

Hey, for years evolutionists argued that Creationist theory on all canine coming from one species was wrong. Now we've proved it possible and LIKELY just like we've proved through Mtdna that all humans could have begun from one woman. Yes, many many subspecies resulted from one. Since man began breeding dogs a few hundred years ago, how many different breeds do you think we've come up with? Hundreds I'm sure. And we are talking thousands of years here too.

Your wrong. Marsupials did live all over the world. They were not dominant enough, and went extinct. They survived on Australia, because, as Pangea was splitting apart some 180 million years ago, they were on Australia as it split.

By the same reasoning, maybe Australia split apart thousand of years ago, rather than 180 billion years ago? The only other marsupial I can think of off-hand is the possum in North America.

You know I find even more intriguing? That Egyptian, Chinese, Sumarian, and all the old civilizations never show a big gap in their history. They wrote before, during and after the supposed flood. How did they do this? Did they have oxygen tanks and water-proof pens and paper back then?

The only writings I can think of that might be older than Moses writings are the Sumerians. Either way, Moses, writer of Genesis, didn't write until long after the flood.

Most cultures have flood legends because they all lived by rivers and lakes, and they would flood.

I don't buy that unless they really DID have a flood and at each place a man man really DID build a boat and surviving with the animals and his family while it rained. Why would they make up such similar stories just because they live beside water?

That is why they are also different. Now I know that al these stories don't talk about a man and his ark, because how could they? Wouldn't they all have all died, and their stories cease to exist?

No. All men around living to tell the tale would have been a descendant of Noah and this story WOULD be true of their origins.

That brings up another good point. After the flood, how did all you get Egyptians and Africans from Noah?

All descendants of Noah. If you'd like that link from Noah's grandsons again, African names DO translate to the descendants of Noah, as named specifically in the Bible. It all works.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Noah's flood had infact happened, we would find catastrophic changes to the face of the earth - the one continent (Pangea) would divide, mountains and canyons would form. There would be fossil beds found all over the world. In these fossil beds, or mass animal graves, we'd find all types of creatures, from sea to land, all quickly buried together and covered in sediment. We'd find layers of sediment. To prove these layers happened rather quickly, we'd find some creatures in the process of giving birth and we'd find trees growing through these layers. We'd find evidence for sea creatures at the top of mountains.

I'd also like to add that we find water in many different places today all over the earth. Water that never did disappear. We'd also find flood legends telling the story of Noah from all over the globe.

Now, before I start providing sources, I'm wondering, do I really have to provide sources to say there was once a continent named Pangea that separated? That there are fossil graveyards all over the world? That That We find layers of sediment? That there is water all over the world in many places, leftover?

My guess is that you need source for the tree growing through 'millions' of years of sediment, or to see a fossil giving birth. I'll dig them up for you.

http://www.icr.org/pubs/btg-b/btg-081b.html

Here's a short explanataion of polystrate fossils. (Trees growing through thousands of years worth of sediment layers.)

I'm sure you've heard of this before.

http://www.drdino.com/cse.asp?pg=articles&specific=34

This is the ichthyosaur giving birth. It's from Hovind's site (i'm not a big fan of him either) but it was the first site I came to that showed a picture.

There have also been other fossils like this found, in the process of giving birth or eating etc, showing they were fossilized very quickly.

http://www.science-frontiers.com/cat-arch.htm

I enjoy browsing through this site (this page is a subcatagory - Archaeology) regarding scienfic anomalies.

You may think evolution and your origins theory is a nicely wrapped package with all of the answers but take a look at this page on archaological anomalies alone! There are so many anomalies because they're presumptions are all wrong to begin with. If you presume that God created the earth and that Genesis is correct, all of these 'anomalies' make sense!

It's not a matter of saying 'God created the earth" to make it simple and not have to think about how or what happened since then. It's that God created the earth and the genesis account is true and the evidence we have today proves this to be correct. (Unless you really, really really do not wish to see this)

The canopy theory is a bust. For there to be that much water in the atmosphere, it would have to be very hot on earth to keep the water up there. So now you say it never rained? So then how could anything survive to go on the ark in the first place? No rain=no plants=no herbivores=no carnivores. Please, it had to rain, or we wouldn't exist right now.

Sorry, just realize i didn't answer this.

It worked like a terrarium. It didn't have to rain.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  305
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Sure, things are still moving at a very slow pace.  Are you basing that rate on what they're moving at presently?  A worldwide flood would certainly hasten everything wouldn't it?

Yes, the oceans (which are water) still taking shape have everything to do with it.  Regardless, don't you think a global flood might cause the continents to separate a whole lot quicker?

Yes, right now they do move slow.  Again, a global flood would move things quickly.  We can't assume everything moves at the rate it moves today or forms today.

Show me then, how the plates could all of a sudden speed up and then just as quickly slow down. Water does not do this. There is no evidence for a rapid speeding up of the plates, and I think you should provide evidence to back up this claim.

Hey, for years evolutionists argued that Creationist theory on all canine coming from one species was wrong.  Now we've proved it possible and LIKELY just like we've proved through Mtdna that all humans could have begun from one woman.  Yes, many many subspecies resulted from one.  Since man began breeding dogs a few hundred years ago, how many different breeds do you think we've come up with?  Hundreds I'm sure.  And we are talking thousands of years here too.

Now that is wrong. Just as she is our "mitochondrial Eve", does mean we came from her. the only reason we have the same mtDNA as her is because we only inherit mtDNA from one female ancestor, and since her line didn't die out, is was still passed on. Just because she is our most recentancestor doesn't mean their weren't more like here before her, just that their lines died out.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/neanderthals/mtdna.html

By the same reasoning, maybe Australia split apart thousand of years ago, rather than 180 billion years ago?  The only other marsupial I can think of off-hand is the possum in North America.

Again, show me how a flood can make continents move that fast.

The only writings I can think of that might be older than Moses writings are the Sumerians.  Either way, Moses, writer of Genesis, didn't write until long after the flood.

The Sumerians came in around 4000BC and Egyptians around 3000BC, so there should be a huge gap in their history, or they should have all drowned. Yet, they lived on, and continued writing as if nothing happened. Explain that, please.

I don't buy that unless they really DID have a flood and at each place a man man really DID build a boat and surviving with the animals and his family while it rained.  Why would they make up such similar stories just because they live beside water?

There is only one flood legend with with a man building a boat and taking all the animals. That is in the Bible. Even if they had similar stories, how could the stories survive after all the people were wiped out?

No.  All men around living to tell the tale would have been a descendant of Noah and this story WOULD be true of their origins.

All descendants of Noah.  If you'd like that link from Noah's grandsons again, African names DO translate to the descendants of Noah, as named specifically in the Bible.  It all works.

How all people, Asian, Africans, Arabs, and Indians all come from one amn.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  305
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

http://www.icr.org/pubs/btg-b/btg-081b.html

Here's a short explanataion of polystrate fossils. (Trees growing through thousands of years worth of sediment layers.)

I'm sure you've heard of this before.

Link doesn't work...

http://www.drdino.com/cse.asp?pg=articles&specific=34

This is the ichthyosaur giving birth. It's from Hovind's site (i'm not a big fan of him either) but it was the first site I came to that showed a picture.

There have also been other fossils like this found, in the process of giving birth or eating etc, showing they were fossilized very quickly.

Kent "Dr. Dino" Hovind is a fraud, a liar, and an embarrasment to science and YEC, and anything on that man's website is not worth comment.

http://www.science-frontiers.com/cat-arch.htm

I enjoy browsing through this site (this page is a subcatagory - Archaeology) regarding scienfic anomalies.

You may think evolution and your origins theory is a nicely wrapped package with all of the answers but take a look at this page on archaological anomalies alone! There are so many anomalies because they're presumptions are all wrong to begin with. If you presume that God created the earth and that Genesis is correct, all of these 'anomalies' make sense!

It's not a matter of saying 'God created the earth" to make it simple and not have to think about how or what happened since then. It's that God created the earth and the genesis account is true and the evidence we have today proves this to be correct. (Unless you really, really really do not wish to see this)

This is just a list of what he FEELS to be an anomaly. I can see half of them as a result of interracial breeding. He provides no dates, no nothing. Its just a list, and a very unconvincing one at that.

Show me then, how the plates could all of a sudden speed up and then just as quickly slow down. Water does not do this. There is no evidence for a rapid speeding up of the plates, and I think you should provide evidence to back up this claim.

Who said it slowed down just as quickly? And how can you say that you know for a fact that everything always moved as slowly as it now does. There is no proof of that. If you want to see more info on this here's a good link.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/home/area/...6n1p57Forum.asp

It shows arguments for an against, if you want to get into depth.

I said:

Hey, for years evolutionists argued that Creationist theory on all canine coming from one species was wrong.  Now we've proved it possible and LIKELY just like we've proved through Mtdna that all humans could have begun from one woman.  Yes, many many subspecies resulted from one.  Since man began breeding dogs a few hundred years ago, how many different breeds do you think we've come up with?  Hundreds I'm sure.  And we are talking thousands of years here too.

You replied:

Now that is wrong.

You didn't mention the part about canines in your answer. Does that mean we are in agreement on this?

Just as she is our "mitochondrial Eve", does mean we came from her. the only reason we have the same mtDNA as her is because we only inherit mtDNA from one female ancestor, and since her line didn't die out, is was still passed on. Just because she is our most recentancestor doesn't mean their weren't more like here before her, just that their lines died out.

I know what MTDNA says. It doesn't necessarily say that we all came from one woman, but it certainly makes that entirely possible, doesn't it? I have to hold you accountable to being as open as you say you are as I said I would. Now, you have to admit that MTDNA DOES fall in line with creationist theory. And there IS NO evidence that other lines died out as you theorize.

I said:

The only writings I can think of that might be older than Moses writings are the Sumerians.  Either way, Moses, writer of Genesis, didn't write until long after the flood.

You said:

The Sumerians came in around 4000BC and Egyptians around 3000BC, so there should be a huge gap in their history, or they should have all drowned. Yet, they lived on, and continued writing as if nothing happened. Explain that, please.

Actually it's not clear who had the first writings. I'll provide a BBC link in the next post. Moses was around during the time of the Egyptians as you know. No, the Egyptians weren't around during the flood. (I thought you went to sunday school) :t2: First the creation, then the flood, then the Egyptians. About that time is when Moses was given the history to record.

And actually, there is dispute as to whose writings came earlier - the Sumerians or the Egyptians. I'll provide a BBC link in the next post.

Here's that link.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/235724.stm

Sorry I have to keep writing new posts. Everytime I try to add more than one link by entire post disappears. :t2: