IGNORED

Creation in 6 literal Days

JIME

Creation: 6 Literal Days or Long periods of time  

74 members have voted

1. 1. How long was creation?

• Long periods of time. (Old Earth)
    • 6 Literal (24 hours) Days. (Young Earth)
    • I don't know.
    • It's not important to the cause of Christ.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

First of all nobody says two thousand years ago. I have no clue why you keep saying two thousand.

The number I gave is from the Bible. 6578 years.

Undoubtedly, God created and made the different parts of the material universe and each thing therein, using the same care as in the six days when He restored the planet Earth to a habitable state and made a new order of Earth creatures, after its destruction and ruin caused by the first war ever fought. This war was a cataclismic battle between God and Satan, when Lucifer invaded Heaven to cast God out.

Pure fiction. You can't substantiate any of this from scripture.

Satan was defeated and cast back down to the Earth, as is written in Isa. 14:12-14; Luke 10:18.

Yeah, He was defeated after he rebelled against God, but that was AFTER the six days creation. For like the millionth time the Bible say sGod saw EVERYTHING that he had made and it was good. It doesn't say "God saw everything except lucifer and some fallen angels, and it was good...."

See, you are the one who is perverting the bible to say something it clearly does not say.

Don't be so quick to accuse me of perverting scripture. There is much more to digest regarding this doctrin.

And, Sorry, I meant 6.000 + years ago?? Must be the long days and lack of sleep!

If I am to believe your understanding of when God created the earth, you havent explained my question.

Try and show which "In the beginning," is different regarding a time factor?

"In the beginning was the Word," (John 1;1) and "In the beginning God created." (Gen. 1:1). Why would one be only SIX thousand + years ago and the other an eternity ago. Which one is six thousand + years ago, and which is an endless eternity past? "In the beginning means, "In the beginning" not six thousand + years ago.

If we believe that "In the beginning God created the heaven and the Earth" (Gen 1;1), was six thousand + years ago, we may just as well say and believe, Six thousand + years ago was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was six thousand + years ago with God. All things were made by Him; and without Him was not anything made that was made." (John 1:1-3)?

You wrote:

"Yeah, He was defeated after he rebelled against God, but that was AFTER the six days creation. For like the millionth time the Bible say sGod saw EVERYTHING that he had made and it was good. It doesn't say "God saw everything except lucifer and some fallen angels, and it was good...."

Not so! It was before ASdam's day. Scripture proves this.

Regarding Satan's fall, in Isa. 14:12-14 we have conclusive proof that Lucifer ruled the earth before the days of Adam. It could not have been since Adam that He ruled and fell from Heaven as in this passage, for he was already a fallen cretaure before Adam was created. After Adam was created, Lucifer regained dominion of the Earth and has been prince of this world ever since. The statements in Isa. 14:12-14 canot possibly be made of an earthly king.

"How art thou fallen from Heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which did weaken the nations! for thou hast said in thine heart, I WILL ascend into heaven, I WILL EXALT MY THRONE above the stars of God: I WILL sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I WILL ascend above the heights of the clouds; I WILL be like the most High"

The facts stated in these passages first prove that this refers to Lucifer.

That he was the son of the morning, and therefore no earthly man.

That he fell from Heaven. Satan is the only person in all Scripture who is spoken of as falling from Heaven (Luke 10:18).

That he was cut to the ground.

That he had weakened the nations on Earth.

That he was exalted in his heart.

That he invaded Heaven, where God rules.

That he was a king, for he had a throne and subjects over whom he ruled.

That he wantedto exalt his kingdom above the clouds, stars, and into Heaven itself to dethrone God.

That he wanted to be worshiped in the congregation of God (Ps. 72:2; 82:1 Isa. 6:1).

That he led a rebellion against God but was defeated.

That his kingdom was on Earth, or he never could have tried to ascend above the clouds, stars, and into Heaven.

Any knigdom located under the clouds and stars has to be on the Earth for one can stand on certain parts of the Earth and still be above clouds, but not stars.

That the ground, clouds, stars, and Heaven were already created.

That it had to be before Adam, for this was not the position of Lucifer when he was in Adam's Eden. Adam had dominion at that time. Lucifer had no kingdom on Earth at the time of Adam. He has only ruled through others since Adam's day, so this must refer to a time before Adam.

That he was not in Heaven when he rebelled, else he could not have desired to ascend into Heaven. He was under the clouds and the stars, or he could not have desired to be exalted above the stars and the clouds.

That Gods throne is located somewhere in the northern part of the vast universe, for promotion comes neither from the east, nor from the west, nor from the south. But God is the judge: HE PUTTETH DOWN ONE and SETTETH UP ANOTHER (Psalms 75:6-7). God put down Lucifer and set up Adam.

This passage proves the location of Satan's original kingdom and the time of his fall. It was located on Earth, and his fall was before Adam. In Col. 1:15-17 we read of Christ creating THRONES, DOMINIONS, PRINCIPALITIES, AND POWERS in Heavens and on the Earth. They are located somewhere in the heavens and on the Earth. Lucifer was given a kingdom here on Earth, as proved by these passaged above. His had subjects which were all destroyed when he rebelled by the flood of Gen 1:2

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  120
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  382
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  01/08/1964

God created the heavens first consisting of sun, moon, stars, other galaxies, so there was light . . . then the Earth. Why did God create the heavens and the Earth?

"For thus sayeth the Lord that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not IN VAIN, he formed it to be inhabited: (Isa. 45:18). Why would God create the heavens with no light and the Earth covered with water, then have to create the sun, moon, and stars, for light after he created the heavens, did he forget to create the sun, the moon, the stars? Did He have a second go at creating the earth and have to get rid of all that water that covered even the high mountains? Why wouldn't He just creat the Earth properly in the first place if it was created to be "Inhabited," and fill only the depressions with water to make the sea's? Who fills a glass to overflowing when one only wants half a glass?

Genesis 1:1-3

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

2 The earth was empty, a formless mass cloaked in darkness. And the Spirit of God was hovering over its surface.

3 Then God said,

Edited by JIME

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/18/1976

Hazard,

Must be the long days and lack of sleep!

Were these long days 24 hours or periods of time?

I had a preaching professor in college that said, "If you have trouble with Genesis 1:1, you will have trouble with John 3:16."

Hazard,

You have said in some of your previous posts

• 2 years later...

Just thought I would bring this topic back to life. :blink:

• Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  388
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/02/1989

Just thought I would bring this topic back to life. :blink:

Yay!

I am so amazed by the results from that poll. I didn't know there were YEC's here!

Oops...