IGNORED

Has Your life been better since becoming a Christian?

emeraldgirl

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  179
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/08/1971

This is a practical question. If you have been a non-Christian for part of your mature life and a Christian for part of it, is your life better in physical ways? Is it worse in physical ways?

Please include how long you were a non-Christian and how long you've been a Christian. Explain your answer. Thanks. :laugh:

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a practical question. If you have been a non-Christian for part of your mature life and a Christian for part of it, is your life better in physical ways? Is it worse in physical ways?

Please include how long you were a non-Christian and how long you've been a Christian. Explain your answer. Thanks. :noidea:

If you mean practically- we are not promised that in this life but our reward is eternal life with Him in heaven where there will be no more tears, pain or any such thing- just eternal bliss!!!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

My life is better in every way since finding the Lord. I was a mess before; I cannot begin to tell how good He has been to me. He have me back my life, gave me purpose. Still waiting on a husband, though.

:noidea:

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

is your life better in physical ways? Is it worse in physical ways?

My life is better. Other than the fact that I am aging physically as I am deteriorating outwardly in the flesh but inwardly am being renewed day by day. And spiritually am a whole lot better since I became a Christian no doubt about it probably be already dead without Christ in my life as was killing myself with drugs and alcohol abuse to dull pain in heart before.

Openly Curious

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

It is most difficult to say, as I was saved just before my 16th birthday, so don't really have adult experience without Christ. I suspect I would have gone into either politics or physical anthropology. Either of which I could have excelled at, but who knows what fortunes could betide their unmade choices?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  418
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  07/13/1965

My life is better in every way since finding the Lord. I was a mess before; I cannot begin to tell how good He has been to me. He have me back my life, gave me purpose. Still waiting on a husband, though.

:24:

:24::noidea:

Guest K.R.E.B.S

Please include how long you were a non-Christian and how long you've been a Christian. Explain your answer. Thanks. :noidea:

If you got time, check it out here.

I was a non-Christian for 21 years. Been a Christian the last 2 and some change. Thanks for asking, Emerald.

Blessings,

Joe

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  179
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  04/08/1971

QUOTE(emeraldgirl @ Dec 21 2006, 10:09 AM)

Please include how long you were a non-Christian and how long you've been a Christian. Explain your answer. Thanks.

If you mean practically- we are not promised that in this life but our reward is eternal life with Him in heaven where there will be no more tears, pain or any such thing- just eternal bliss!!!

I know there are no promises of a life better in practical ways. How the question is answered by most lays the groundwork for my next question. So, I'm waiting for enough answers to then ask my next question. :thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

I'm guessing your next question will be, "What about other people who's religions make their lives better as well?" If so, just realize that Christianity does not measure its value by how our lives are "better," thus it's an irrelevant observation. In fact, the Bible even deals with the issue of why those who follow God will suffer more so than those who do not.

Regardless, physically my life has not been "better." I intended to be a lawyer but that was drastically changed. I could not go to the college I wanted to because of a calling from God. Essentially, all that I wanted to do has been destroyed and put under the command of God. In the humanistic aspect, my life has become worse. However, because I am not in control of my destiny and I am doing and becoming who God wants me to be, my life has been tremendously better.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

Please include how long you were a non-Christian and how long you've been a Christian. Explain your answer. Thanks.

Practically speaking EG,

The person who answered that we are not promised the promise you seek. Was dead on. The answer prior to modern Western Christianity was for the Hope of Glory. Whose Glory? The Lords of which we will partake.

Matter of fact early Christians understood what the Lord meant when He said this;

Joh