Marnie

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

By the way Marnie, I know this is off topic, but just how did you end up going from Virginia to Nevada? :whistling:

Well, you know what happened to me. I was running away from everything and everybody at the time, and I was looking for the most desolate, isolated place in America. Couldn't find any property in Death Valley, so...Pahrump looked good on the map. Of course, I soon discovered you can't run away from yourself. After five years, lots of prayer and therapy, here I am; none the worse for wear.

Interesting...all the women posting. Buck, if you make up the guest room...perhaps you could stand me for a week? :thumbsup:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  166
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/25/1981

I would imagine the most likely place to find someone of character would be in a conservative church.

There are bound to be innumerable men of good character and integrity that could be found outside of a conservative church as well. There are how many billion people on this earth?

You'll find someone. Someone is bound to meet your expectations, possibly even exceed them. Unless you've met every single man on the face of God's green earth, I don't think you can rule them out as extinct just yet! :whistling:

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Please don't try to start a family though.

That won't happen.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  281
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  789
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

I've been contemplating marriage. The problem is, I just don't see a lot of real men. In another thread I was poked fun at because of some of the things I am looking for in a mate. The general feeling is that my sights are set too high; that I will never find my "ideal man" because he doesn't exist. I've been thinking about this, and while I know he is out there (I also believe in Bigfoot and the Nessie, mind you), he sure is hard to spot. What I mean is this: At 33, it is almost impossible to find a compatible male my age. What I generally find is this:

*guys my age are already divorced with children and lots of baggage;

*guys my age are still "finding themselves," whatever that means;

*guys my age who are single are likely gay or still living at home in their parents basement;

*too many guys my age are still tied to their mother's apron strings;

*guys my age are still playing and replaying the big game in highschool;

*guys my age are more interested in X Boxes than in cultivating a relationship;

*guys my age want the sex but don't want the exertion of building a life together;

*a lot of guys my age are so ego-centric they spend more time in front of a mirror than I do;

*what is it with this whole "sensitivity" thing? Sympathy and crying...far too common in men today;

*manners, politeness, and all those old-fashioned gentlemanly qualities seem to end with men in their late 40's

Now, I put this in the General Discussion area because Lord knows I am not looking for advice! What I am wondering is this: What the heck is it that you guys in your 30's are looking for out of life? Not in a mate, understand, but what is important to you, as a mid 30's American male? Now, when it comes to women and relationships, do intelligent women frighten or intimidate you? Are you put off by an ambitious, talented, opinionated, some would say attractive woman? Is cooking and darning socks important to you? Are you worried about hitting 40 and being single? Is height and weight in a woman important to you?

You think getting into a woman's head is difficult, you men are impossible to understand. So guys, now is your chance to step up to the plate and tell us women what goes on inside your head when it comes to the issues of life and relationships, cause, frankly, I am tired of trying to figure y'all out! Let's discuss.

Why are women so cpmplicated? Just when we figure out the ansewers you change them on us. 90% of the time you think you can fix us if we don't meet your standards. Well IF i did not meet them when we started dating likelyhood is 90% of the men are not going to change.

I did the whole going to a Christian college in another state to find a Christian women to date. Most Christian single women don't won't to marry someone that reminds them of their brother or mother any way.

Now as far as some as the things on your list although they may be true this what I hear from the real world perspecitive on your views.

you mostly likely can't get away from divorce or one with children over the age 30 anymore and with baggage. Have checked out your own baggage. So don't compare that to hard.

Finding themselves mean midlife crisis at 30 something if there still single its normal

Watching Will & Grace it appears that most women would want a gay man because they can help you with shopping and getting dressed for special occasions. And do your hair and save you on hair cut bills or help you with fashion.

and living at home with mommy and daddy still I watch Everybody Loves Raymond it can work out.

And far as a man being sensitive and crying more Is part of what women want according to the magazines.

Your list goes both ways though.

IF you want a biblical man I'm availble. But we have to be able to except each other were we are at no matter what are issue and work them out as we come to them.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  10/25/1974

I wonder if I should even try to reply to this thread......

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  418
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  07/13/1965

I must ammend what I said in my earlier reply...

Not ONLY men over 45 are polite, gentlemanly. In fact, I married a man 2 years ago who was 35, younger than me, polite (for the most part :24: ) ... Oh.. and he is a Texan too :blink:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  04/26/1961

Marnie

I'm sorry but you are right, there are not a lot of real men out there. The one's that are, well they are like needles in a hay stack. When I was growing up, a man, not my father, said to me all the time, "Your only worth your word" He taught me that a man's life was about sacrifices and the understanding or wisdom of when to make those sacrifices. Life is hard and you will make mistakes but you must learn from those mistakes. Today men make mistakes and try to cover them up or act like it was no big deal, stuff happens...... They refuse to learn by there mistakes and the mistakes other men make. It is like they are blind and just follow the leader into a deep abyss. Most of the men today were raised by their mother's because there father's were to busy making money, drinking or running around and did not provide sound wisdom on life, marriage or manhood.

I was taught that if I truly loved my wife I would be willing to sacrifice my goal's or anything else in my life, if they didn't benefit her. I was taught that Jesus comes first and then my wife and then my children and then myself. Most men have this out of order, they put themselves first or they put Jesus first and then themselves then their wife and then there children. Sometimes I have see them put there children before there wife. Men do not learn from there elders anymore, this is the first mistake they make because they think that they have all the answers to life or act like it.

I don't think that I'm telling you anything that you don't already know.

Men are like the ox tied to a cart, they don't like to be lead and they always kick aginst the goad. Most men don't understand that there wife is the second most presious gift besides salvation that G-d has given them. That there wife is a helpmate and that they need to protect her at all cost. They think that she is suppose to do the dishes, the laundry and clean the house. Oh don't forget she's to bring in the extra bacon too, as well as raise the children.

This may upset a lot of men but I am a man and I want to say to the men who read this, "Grow up, be a man, your only worth your word and if you cant keep your word your not worth much"

Marnie, my advice to you is "Ask G-d for him to bring you the man he has put here for you" To that man, you will be the answer of his prayers, he will be a man of prayer and a man who seeks first the Kingdom of G-d. He will walk in such a upright manner that you will know his obedience to G-d because he walk's in the word of G-d. I know he's out there right now waiting for G-d to bring him his helpmate.

The Lord bless you and keep you always

child of I Am

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I've been contemplating marriage. The problem is, I just don't see a lot of real men. In another thread I was poked fun at because of some of the things I am looking for in a mate. The general feeling is that my sights are set too high; that I will never find my "ideal man" because he doesn't exist. I've been thinking about this, and while I know he is out there (I also believe in Bigfoot and the Nessie, mind you), he sure is hard to spot. What I mean is this: At 33, it is almost impossible to find a compatible male my age. What I generally find is this:

*guys my age who are single are likely gay or still living at home in their parents basement;

*guys my age want the sex but don't want the exertion of building a life together;

*a lot of guys my age are so ego-centric they spend more time in front of a mirror than I do;

*what is it with this whole "sensitivity" thing? Sympathy and crying...far too common in men today;

*manners, politeness, and all those old-fashioned gentlemanly qualities seem to end with men in their late 40's

Now, I put this in the General Discussion area because Lord knows I am not looking for advice! What I am wondering is this: What the heck is it that you guys in your 30's are looking for out of life? Not in a mate, understand, but what is important to you, as a mid 30's American male? Now, when it comes to women and relationships, do intelligent women frighten or intimidate you? Are you put off by an ambitious, talented, opinionated, some would say attractive woman? Is cooking and darning socks important to you? Are you worried about hitting 40 and being single? Is height and weight in a woman important to you?

You think getting into a woman's head is difficult, you men are impossible to understand. So guys, now is your chance to step up to the plate and tell us women what goes on inside your head when it comes to the issues of life and relationships, cause, frankly, I am tired of trying to figure y'all out! Let's discuss.

The things listed are why I married a man 21 years older the I was. He was grown already had a grown son with two sons and then had two girls. Steve was established in a job and was ready to settle down and be a husband. We have been married for 24 years and I wouldn't trade him for all the money in the world.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

The things listed are why I married a man 21 years older the I was. He was grown already had a grown son with two sons and then had two girls. Steve was established in a job and was ready to settle down and be a husband. We have been married for 24 years and I wouldn't trade him for all the money in the world.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

It's our 31st anniversary tomorrow! Whoooo hooooooooooo!!!!!!!! :blink::24::24: