Guest lnj

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

Life has its ups and downs. I praise Him in all things though, even when in the valley. I have the Lord in my life. Can I truly want for anything else? The bible tells us to be content in our lives. I am. Im happy.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

I am working on being more like this:

I don't say this out of need, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am.

Phillippians 4:11 CSB

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

I'm happy *smile* Awesome God, great husband, tiny apartment, sweet family, amazing church...I can't believe how much God's blessed me.

"See the world in green and blue

See China right in front of you

See the canyons broken by cloud

See the tuna fleets clearing the sea out

See the Bedouin fires at night

See the oil fields at first light, and

See the bird with a leaf in her mouth

After the flood all the colors came out

Day

It was a beautiful day

Don't let it get away

Beautiful day

Touch me

Take me to that other place

Reach me

I know I'm not a hopeless case

What you don't have you don't need it now

What you don't know you can feel it somehow

What you don't have you don't need it now

Don't need it now

It was a beautiful day

It's warm in the sun, I reach to the sun

-U2 "Beautiful Day"

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,072
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/27/1948

Sometimes "happy" in the bible is interchangeable with "blessed". I'm not happy at the moment. But I AM blessed.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  331
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  10/27/1965

I wouldnt say I am happy about all of my choices, but I also dont think I would change any of them. Am I happy now? I would have to say mostly so. I have learned to live with myself and be at peace with my choices. They have all worked together to lead me to a strong relationship with God.

But, that doesnt mean I have stopped trying to change things now. For example: Still looking for a good christian woman to marry, but not letting that run my life. When the Lord is ready for me to have a wife He will send me the woman of His choice.

• Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  526
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  11/25/1965

I am happy to be where God has placed me! I trust God knows exactly where I should be and I must admit not always happy to go along with HIS plans because of course I know best and then God reminds me HE knows best. Teaching me and guiding me along the way, boy am I glad He is taking the lead, good grief I would be well and truly on the beaten track by now. Struggling with contentment right now but God is working on that in me.

Unhappy more of my friends and family are not saved, but prayer is an amazing tool!!! God has shown me how the word of God is a powerful tool to have in my hand and heart. :b:

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Not what I would call happy, but content with my lot...... and very blessed. Yesterday is history and like a good plowman, I never look back. I'm heading down the straight and have got my eye fixed on the finishing post. I don't want to be first, I only want to cross the line.

Not what I would call happy, but content with my lot...... and very blessed. Yesterday is history and like a good plowman, I never look back. I'm heading down the straight and have got my eye fixed on the finishing post. I don't want to be first, I only want to cross the line.

Yeah ,I think we have placed too much emphasis on "feelings" , and have forgotten about attitude. Attitude in our circumstances. As someone said to me...life is like a bunch of grapes.We strive to be the fattest, plumpest grape around thinking that is the best we need to be but then God comes along and crushes the grapes turning it into wine...something completely different to what we would have expected. So, life does have it's twists and surprises.

Guest stevej
Despite my soap opera-like life, I am generally happy. Although I confess yesterday and today that happiness seems to be eluding me. I guess I could look back and "regret" wrong decisions I made or "regret" the times I turned left instead of right, but what would be the point in that? The past is past, I prefer to leave it there, learn from my myriad of mistakes and move on.

Marnie, a double amen to that!! We can only look forward to now and tomorrow. The mistakes in my life have been numerous..but God has forgiven those because i asked. He looks at them no more and if i dwell on them it places me above God in judgement. I asked, He forgave, the past is that.