IGNORED

Is it possible for ANY of Jesus' sheep to go to hell?

nanasimmons

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

nanasimmons

there is already a thread in this forum, dealing with OSAS, please dont clutter up the forum.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

*laugh* Eric, it took me like five minutes staring at your post to realize that OSAS meant "Once Saved, Always Saved" :thumbsup: boy I'm feeling dense tonight.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  335
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  06/05/1967

nanasimmons

there is already a thread in this forum, dealing with OSAS, please dont clutter up the forum.

If you thought it was clutter, why did you bother to reply?

I don't hunt around looking for clutter to reply on, and if ,which I, have found plenty, I woundn't go in just so I could tell them how stupid there thread was, because there is already one that is simular in content...Where's you manners?? Oh yeah I forgot to say "please" while I was being rude.....Please..do me a favor and don't reply to my clutter..Thank You

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  482
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  08/02/1991

nanasimmons,

Jesus clearly states that many will not be with Him in Paradise.

In John Chapter 10 one must carefully read what Jesus is actually saying. When He is speaking about Himself and His obligation the refers to sheep as the sheep. The shepard lays down His life for the sheep. However in the verses you used He has already defined the distinction. His Sheep follow Him. No one can pluck them out of His hand, but the individual sheep can wander, and He goes after the lost.

Earlier in John 6:39 it is also very clear that Jesus will raise everyone to life eternal. No one will be lost to the judgement of Adam, namely death. The salvation of mankind is from death. Christ overcame death through His Incarnation, death and resurrection.

BUT, clearly notice in the next verse 40, He again makes the distinction from general to particular, Those that see the Son of man AND BELIEVE, them also He will raise the last day to everlasting life, life with Him. Notice the distinction between being just raised and eternal life with believing and having everlasting life.

There have been some who wondered if some were to go to hell. Without the redemptive work of Christ on the Cross to overcome the fall, there is no need for a heaven nor hell. The sentence of Death given to Adam which we inherit is a permanent state. Only Christ changed that state from death to life for all.

Another of your questions is who is responsible? It is quite clear that each individual is responsible for their eternal state. You have a choice, since we have all been redeemed, saved from death, to either believe and have eternal life with Him, or reject Him, (unbelief) and have eternal life apart from Him, Heaven or Hell, it is your choice.

yes and we'll always choose hell unless God steps in.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Revelation 3:3-6...

Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; obey it, and repent. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you. Yet you have a few people in Sardis who have not soiled their clothes. They will walk with me, dressed in white, for they are worthy. He who overcomes will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before my Father and his angels. He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.

If He says He will not blot out those names of the faithful overcomers, that means He has the capability to erase. Gives one pause for thought.

And what is the fate of those who have not overcome?

How much eaisier could He have make it ??

Come on, all He needs is a itty, bitty, teeny ,weeny,tiny, speck of faith, the size of a mustard seed to work with...If you got it .......you got it........If you don't ....you don't ......

GOT FAITH?????

Edited by nanasimmons

nanasimmons

I don't hunt around looking for clutter to reply on, and if ,which I, have found plenty, I woundn't go in just so I could tell them how stupid there thread was, because there is already one that is simular in content...Where's you manners?? Oh yeah I forgot to say "please" while I was being rude.....Please..do me a favor and don't reply to my clutter..Thank You

I did say please dont clutter up the forums. Thank you.

nanasimmons

I did say please dont clutter up the forums. Thank you.

I've already cluttered up the whole forum with this one post.... I'm Sorry, what would you have me do about it??Un-post it?? I promise I will never make another thread about OSAS..Deal???

Hey nana, I wsn't trying to be rude, but there are now three different threads on the topic and there will probably be as many again before long, because of the volume of new members joining up with worthy. So I apologise if I sounded like I was coming on too strong. K?

• Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

And, too, if any of HIS sheep can go to hell, then why not the SHEPHERD as well? Don't they BELONG TO HIM? Cutting thru the smoke & mirrors, actually, the Shepherd's very personal promise & guarantee in John Chapter Ten is, in the Greek, a TRIPLE negative: "...and they shall NEVER, NEVER, NEVER perish!" Sounds mighty comforting & reassuring to this particular observer. In fact, and to boot, His sheep are "sealed when they trusted Him," and already placed "in the heavens" with the very Shepherd, Jesus Christ Himself!! Were sheep ever as safe? Hey, Dude, you're NOT getting a Dell, you're getting JESUS! AMEN, LORD JESUS!!

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com