• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

I'm no fan of the gay lifestyle but I would rather see a child brought up by someone who is gay but humble than someone who is straight but prideful.

To me pride is the greatest sin and even a humble homo has a chance to change.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  02/02/1968

I was thinking about this whole topic this way. What if I a christian was the judge or whoever it is that gives the okay for the adoption, and I had to make the decision on a child going into a same sex home. Is there a law saying I can't discriminate? Because if I have to make that decision there could be some difficulty.

Can I lose my job and if so, maybe I have to if its a compromise. Maybe I would have to seek wise council. Because I don't know what I would do.

I do not like the thought of same sex homes raising children, I have had interraction with kids being brought up by two moms. one of the moms was a biological parent, they were both very loving but the ideas that the children had concerning this was(so sorry,) disgusting to me. I felt deep in my heart that it was very wrong.

It is a very difficult thought, there are different situations, this particular mom was in many abusive relationships with men before taking up with this woman. Also unhealthy, she just in general made really bad choices. She maybe would have been easier to get through to than two very loving men or/ women who felt like they were a happy couple and were ready to adopt a child to make thier family complete. That is a little scary. Would I want to participate in that decision?? I don't think so.

I believe that no matter where the children end up, if God has his eye on that child he will be able to get through, but it seems like the question is....... What decision would we make, if it was up to us??????

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  887
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  05/23/1986

I guess I'm about to get slapped down, but......................ya'll would rather a child grow up unloved, hungry, dirty and afraid, than for them to have homosexual's as parents. Sorry, every child should be loved, wanted and taken care of, I don't care who is doing it, rather loving homosexual parents than none, or abusive, drug addled parents. Screaming about all the children that die because of abortion, but saying a child is better off in foster care (which is a travesty in itself) than with parents regardless of their sexual orientation reminds me of the verse in the Bible, where someone tells a person, go and don't be hungry, or cold, but does nothing to help them.

Well said!

Yes, I gave a hypothetical example of a child when I posted this but I'll give a real one:

Sarah is a young addict in our little town (uk) and she's homeless and pregnant. There arn't any flats or houses to spare because the council are trying to sell off all the council places and private flats are mostly rented out to working people, are too expensive or the ones who would take her are full. The rehabs are expensive, have incredibly long waiting lists and are very difficult to get into.

I just can't see what's going to happen to her and the baby. Because she's a heroin addict she'll probably lose it and it'll end up in care and I've seen the things being in care does to kids. The best sinario would be for Sarah to get clean and housed but if this doesn't happen and the child ended up with a gay/lesbian couple with warm hearts that'd be a good result in this case. And there must be many cases like it.

I just want to make the point that yes, being in care can very much affect a child in a bad way, but having worked for Children's Social Services, I have also seen that it can be a very positive thing. I could tell you many stories that would bring 99% of people reading this to tears. There are so many stories of children from horrendous backgrounds and situations (some of which have made grown men feel physically sick just hearing about them) becoming the most amazing, loving, forgiving, polite, happy children.

Yes, care can be a terrible experience for children but let's not forget that for others it is the best experience they could have had.

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

I guess I'm about to get slapped down, but......................ya'll would rather a child grow up unloved, hungry, dirty and afraid, than for them to have homosexual's as parents. Sorry, every child should be loved, wanted and taken care of, I don't care who is doing it, rather loving homosexual parents than none, or abusive, drug addled parents. Screaming about all the children that die because of abortion, but saying a child is better off in foster care (which is a travesty in itself) than with parents regardless of their sexual orientation reminds me of the verse in the Bible, where someone tells a person, go and don't be hungry, or cold, but does nothing to help them.

Are you thinking of this one?

James 2

14 What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him?

15 If a brother or sister has nothing to wear and has no food for the day,

16 and one of you says to them, "Go in peace, keep warm, and eat well," but you do not give them the necessities of the body, what good is it?

17 So also faith of itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.01
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Anything is better then living on the street for anyone, especially a young girl. However adoption? never. Only until a suitable place can be found for her.

Guest Mom_4_God

okay I have read and read now I don't agree with same sex relationships at all but if the girl needs help and no one else is willing to step up to the plate then who as christians are we to judge someone for a good deed. We are all sinners saved by grace and we need to stick to that and remember that Jesus loves the homosexual, he just hates the sin and I know that you all know this so why all the disagreeing. Just pray for this girl that God would allow the right ppl to come and take charge of her until she gets her life straightened out and pray that if the homosexuals do indeed take her in that they will use wisdom to be descreet about their lives and pray that God will use all of this for his glory amen

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  128
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  06/03/1975

I have 2 aunts and 2 uncles one of each is gay. I don't understand why they choose to live this way but I still love and respect them for who they are not for their sins. They have been with their spouses for over 15yrs and although my aunt and her spouse raised 3 girls only 1 that I know of decided to follow in her mothers footsteps. My uncle would probably adopt if he thought he could.

I know someone that works for Human Resources that hears about kids that are in the custody of the state.

Some of the foster parents will make the social worker come get the child(ren) if their family goes on vacation. So the foster child is singled out from the rest of the family. Often times foster parents don't show love to the children afraid that they will get attached and the child will be moved or adopted. Often times a foster child is kicked out on their 18th birthday with no place to go. One in particular packed his suitcase and started walking down the street not knowing where he was going to go.

Often times when I hear these stories I pray to win the lottery so that I can build the biggest ranch on the face of the earth and take in every child starting with the oldest to give them a place to go before they get kicked out.

So my opinion on this issue is if the person is truly a caring person that is willing to love these children then by all means let them be loved. :huh::wub::laugh::)

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

There is more to providing for a child than just food and shelter. There's a reason that two men or two women cannot produce a child biologically on their own. God has a design and an order, it's there for a reason. What I've noticed is that the majority of the views here have been expressed through the lens of pragmatism, fueled by an emotional appeal. It's admirable to want to address the needs of a child, or anyone in need. However, we should never let our compassion and emotions bring us to conclusions which are contrary to God's design.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

There is more to providing for a child than just food and shelter. There's a reason that two men or two women cannot produce a child biologically on their own. God has a design and an order, it's there for a reason. What I've noticed is that the majority of the views here have been expressed through the lens of pragmatism, fueled by an emotional appeal. It's admirable to want to address the needs of a child, or anyone in need. However, we should never let our compassion and emotions bring us to conclusions which are contrary to God's design.

Are you willing to adopt.....

Yes, actually. Not that it's anyone else's business, but due to some medical issues it appears that's going to be the best option for me. Not only that, but I happen to know personally what it's like to be an orphan. Still, your question doesn't address the issue directly, but instead attempts to divert the attention to me personally. Again, we can't let our emotions drive us to conclusions that run contrary to God's design and order. There are other solutions we should pursue and explore, solutions that would bring honor to God and value life in a more consistent/balanced way.

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20

Exactly. This goes back to pragmatics vs ethics. Pragmatically, homosexuals can adopt. Ethically, they shouldn't. Just as we wouldn't let a habitual drinker, fornicator, drug user, etc adopt children, so we should not let a homoexual.